Things everybody loves at WDW - except you

MKCP 1985

Everybody at Walt Disney World seems to love pins and vinylmation. . . but me. :lookaroun

What the heck?

But yeah, I pretty much love most of the rest of the things everybody else loves, especially Dole Whips and roller coasters and steaks. :D

Mukta

I also didn't like the holidays in WDW. I hated hearing the same Christmas music everywhere... and this is from someone who plays Christmas music all the time. Just not in Epcot :lol:

You have my eternal gratitude for telling me about this before my last trip. If you hadn't told me there would be Xmas music instead of the Innoventions Loop, I would have lost it when I got there.

lilclerk

You have my eternal gratitude for telling me about this before my last trip. If you hadn't told me there would be Xmas music instead of the Innoventions Loop, I would have lost it when I got there.
:lol: Glad I could prepare you for the torture.

Mansion Butler

I came in to this topic thinking about things from seeing the title. I was thinking maybe Midway Mania, but I do still like it (just not standing in line). Then I thought maybe Peter Pan's Flight.

Then I saw OP's post:
I'm going to come out and say it, even if it means I'll earn the eternal ire of most of you reading this:

I don't really like dole whips.
Yep, that's the right answer. I hate pineapple, and thus I am apparently the second person who hates Dole Whips.

THis goes for just about every meal at Disney.....IMHO
I cannot reproduce the the lobster bisque or the chocolate puff pastries at Le Chefs well at home.

plaz10

Things I don't like/think are stupid and boring:
dole whip floats
all World Showcase movies (including American Adventure)
parades
pin trading
vinylmation
hall of presidents
Illuminations (too much globe)
Animal Kingdom as any more than a half day park
Disney pizza. Hoping Via Napoli fills the void that is great pizza in Disney

On the flip side...Things I like that many people don't:
Disney buses - I love not having to drive anywhere
Disney food - counter service, table service, snacks! It's one of my favorite things about Disney. I love it!
Mission:Space - I really enjoy this ride. Yes, Horizons was good but it's gone now and I won't hold a grudge against MS for it. It's a very unique ride.
Turkey legs - delicious! And cheap! You can split one and it's a whole meal!
Stitch's Great Escape - .....:lol: just kidding. nobody likes that!

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Boy am i glad to hear that I am not the only one around here who feels like this. For a long time I thought there was something wrong with me!!! :lol:

I remember how I felt when I first ordered one. Everyone had told me how amazing they were and when I ordered it I thought to myself: seriously?

I still don't understand. I would rather have fresh pineapple.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I don't really care for Fantasmic! at all.

I assume from the lines that I'm in the minority, but I don't like the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway either.

I really don't see why everyone is lining up to pay extra for MVMCP. I did it one year. The entertainment was just eh. Although the perimeter fireworks were cool, overall I still prefer Wishes to Holiday Wishes.The free hot cocoa was watery, no better than what I could make at home. The cookies were terrible, of off-brand prepackaged quality and had obviously been frozen after baking and very recently thawed when they were served to us.

And while I've only done it once, for breakfast, I was sorely disappointed in CRT, especially the food.

The line for fantasmic is so long, you'd think something special would happen. If you're young, Fantasmic may be nice. I saw it on my senior trip and wished I'd done ANYTHING else instead. I'd have rather waited in line to eat one of those "turkey" legs or whatever they're really made of.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Things I don't like/think are stupid and boring:
dole whip floats
all World Showcase movies (including American Adventure)
parades
pin trading
vinylmation
hall of presidents
Illuminations (too much globe)
Animal Kingdom as any more than a half day park
Disney pizza. Hoping Via Napoli fills the void that is great pizza in Disney

On the flip side...Things I like that many people don't:
Disney buses - I love not having to drive anywhere
Disney food - counter service, table service, snacks! It's one of my favorite things about Disney. I love it!
Mission:Space - I really enjoy this ride. Yes, Horizons was good but it's gone now and I won't hold a grudge against MS for it. It's a very unique ride.
Turkey legs - delicious! And cheap! You can split one and it's a whole meal!
Stitch's Great Escape - .....:lol: just kidding. nobody likes that!

Disney pizza is a disaster.

And really, how hard would it be to make Pizza Planet at DHS actually look like Pizza Planet on the inside? Sure, the outside theming may be tough, but the inside looked like an abandoned Chuck E Cheeses.

The worst part about Disney pizza is that its often the most inexpensive meal (if you go and share meals with family and friends.) So you're stuck with it.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I came in to this topic thinking about things from seeing the title. I was thinking maybe Midway Mania, but I do still like it (just not standing in line). Then I thought maybe Peter Pan's Flight.

Then I saw OP's post:

Yep, that's the right answer. I hate pineapple, and thus I am apparently the second person who hates Dole Whips.

I cannot reproduce the the lobster bisque or the chocolate puff pastries at Le Chefs well at home.

Anyone for starting an Anti-Dole Whip club? We should probably stand together on this divisive issue.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Mission: Space intense is about the only attraction at WDW that I don't like. I've been on it about a half dozen times, and I find it more unpleasant than fun. That's not a universal love.

For food, a lot of good is said about Pecos Bill's but we all agreed last time that the burgers were stale and dry. Not sure where to go in the MK to eat at all, after that.

How about the opposite, things people complain about that I don't mind?

For that, I'd vote the WDW transportation system, from the buses to magical express--I have had great experiences with those.

Start that thread!

ThanksC&J

I hate the "Free Dining". It has brought down the food quality and the Disney uniqueness.

And I don't see the draw for "Fantasmic" at all. Even though I love the characters and other shows.

Mammymouse

I don't like ADR's. It is almost impossible now to find a restaurant to eat at without having a reservation from 6 months previous, so I guess a lot of people like ADRs. I don't usually plan my vacation or day trips 6 months ahead, and even if I did, I don't know what the heck I will feel like eating at each meal each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom