Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Travel Junkie

Interesting. It appears Ticketmaster will require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid Test to attend entertainment events once they are back up and running.

Would be curious if Disney and others look at this too.

TP2000

Interesting. It appears Ticketmaster will require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid Test to attend entertainment events once they are back up and running.

Would be curious if Disney and others look at this too.

That's fascinating!

And it's something that I think should be expanded to all vaccines that protect against indirectly transmitted diseases that kill many Americans per year; Seasonal Flu Shot, Pertussis, Measles/Mumps/Rubella, and Pneumonia.

If Covid requires this sort of thing, I can't think of a reason why Influenza and Pneumonia doesn't also.

truecoat

I know. I had to rush out to Rancho Mirage this past weekend to help a friend who was trying to open a new business, and had invested a bunch of money and a year's worth of work into it, only to be faced with his opening weekend crashing back into the Purple Tier and no one was technically allowed inside the business. His capacity was slashed by over half.

He wasn't so much concerned about his investment money and a year's worth of work, as he was concerned about all his bartenders and waiters and kitchen staff who had been planning to return to work and start making money again after 8 months of living off unemployment checks and Top Ramen.

I tried to do my part by keeping a barstool warm, being as stylish and upbeat and charming as possible, and tipping the staff generously and often. But the stress on everyone's face was heartbreaking. They're just trying to survive.

All these work-from-home white collar people drinking wine on their Zoom calls and claiming we need to remain shutdown indefinitely are really wearing on my nerves. 😠 Talk about being out of touch and elitist! There are service industry and working class folks who can't work via Zoom who are desperate to make their rent and stretch a jar of spaghetti sauce out to three meals.

Andrew Yang's GBI is looking better and better these days.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
That's fascinating!

And it's something that I think should be expanded to all vaccines that protect against indirectly transmitted diseases that kill many Americans per year; Seasonal Flu Shot, Pertussis, Measles/Mumps/Rubella, and Pneumonia.

If Covid requires this sort of thing, I can't think of a reason why Influenza and Pneumonia doesn't also.

So close ;)

Flu Deaths - ~24,000-60,000
Measels/Mumps/Rubella Deaths - ~400-500
Pnuemonia Deaths - ~50,000

COVID-19 - ~250,000

You came so close @TP2000 ;)

Stevek

Original Poster
He said many not as many. I'm with him, let's make it mandatory and all the anti vaxxers can move out to some place in Idaho and complain to each other.
My brother, his family and my mom live in Idaho. Perhaps we send everyone to Mexico instead.

TP2000

So close ;)

Flu Deaths - ~24,000-60,000
Measels/Mumps/Rubella Deaths - ~400-500
Pnuemonia Deaths - ~50,000

COVID-19 - ~250,000

You came so close @TP2000 ;)

What's a hundred thousand dead between friends?

Never mind that Covid number is "died with" not "died from". The average age of death for Covid patients is 78, and almost all have pre-existing health problems and "co-morbidities". Half the Covid deaths are in nursing homes.

Needless to say, a 75 year old man with serious health problems living in a nursing home is probably not going to be buying a Taylor Swift concert ticket from TicketMaster anytime soon. :cool:

But if TicketMaster can do this sort of pre-screening for vaccines for Covid, they can certainly do it for Flu Shots and Pneumonia vaccine.

Figments Friend

Talk about a movie that's mostly forgettable. I remember seeing the Frozen show at DCA last year for the first time- and every scene being like "oh yeah this was in that movie".

It's been years since I've bothered to watch the film. Frozen 2 was just as forgettable.

I'm no fan of 'Frozen', but I really liked DCA's live staged production over at the Hyperion.
Those guys n' gals put on a terrific show.
I preferred the show to the film 150%.
Saw the show a dozen or more times during it's run, only saw the film once.
Film did nothing for me, but the live entertainment related to 'Frozen' I have enjoyed on its own.

It might sound odd, but I associate the characters with visiting Disneyland and not the film at all.
Remember 'Olaf's Snow Fest' that used to be over at DCA?
Really thought that was a fun effort and it looked terrific.
How about that great little Olaf animatronic that used to lounge on the 'snowy roof' of a temporarily re-themed gift shop over at Disneyland's Fantasyland?
That was great!
'Frozen - Live at the Hyperion' at DCA? Very enjoyable stage production even if you weren't a fan of the film.

I might not be a fan of 'Frozen' by any means, but those efforts I thought were fun additions from a entertainment aspect.

-

SuddenStorm

I'm no fan of 'Frozen', but I really liked DCA's live staged production over at the Hyperion.
Those guys n' gals put on a terrific show.
I preferred the show to the film 150%.
Saw the show a dozen or more times during it's run, only saw the film once.
Film did nothing for me, but the live entertainment related to 'Frozen' I have enjoyed on its own.

It might sound odd, but I associate the characters with visiting Disneyland and not the film at all.
Remember 'Olaf's Snow Fest' that used to be over at DCA?
Really thought that was a fun effort and it looked terrific.
How about that great little Olaf animatronic that used to lounge on the 'snowy roof' of a temporarily re-themed gift shop over at Disneyland's Fantasyland?
That was great!
'Frozen - Live at the Hyperion' at DCA? Very enjoyable stage production even if you weren't a fan of the film.

I might not be a fan of 'Frozen' by any means, but those efforts I thought were fun additions from a entertainment aspect.

-

I also quite enjoyed the stage production. One of the highlights of last year's program was the opportunity to watch the show with reserved viewing and a backstage tour of the show, which only enhanced my appreciation for the production.

Fun fact- they had the Genie's lamp in Sven's sleigh as an homage to the Aladdin show. It was hidden pretty well so I'm not sure if it was visible during the actual play.

Emmanuel

I also quite enjoyed the stage production. One of the highlights of last year's program was the opportunity to watch the show with reserved viewing and a backstage tour of the show, which only enhanced my appreciation for the production.

Fun fact- they had the Genie's lamp in Sven's sleigh as an homage to the Aladdin show. It was hidden pretty well so I'm not sure if it was visible during the actual play.

I was able to get a picture of that!
CCA33AA9-876D-415F-B78E-941AB1E1A64D.jpeg

Sitting on the right side of mezzanine in the front row would guarantee a view of it

TP2000

this is where disney should step in and make a campaign for covid safety. You wanna be open? do your part.

Flesh that out a bit for us. A county of 3.2 Million people. And Disneyland does what exactly?

Spell that out for us, if you would.

And why doesn't any other private employer in OC have to help too? Or is it just Disneyland's responsibility to provide health care to the County of Orange?

oceanbreeze77

Flesh that out a bit for us. A county of 3.2 Million people. And Disneyland does what exactly?

And why doesn't any other private employer in OC have to help too? Or is it just Disneyland's responsibility to provide health care to the County of Orange?
Put money into educating the public on mask safety, Social distancing, maybe put funding towards a testing site. There are plenty of ways

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm picturing Bob Cheapek and Mickey Mouse in propaganda ads encouraging the public to wear masks, wash their hands every 15 minutes and avoid other people.

"That's right, Bob! I'm doing my part!"
*mouse puts on mask*

el_super

Why is that their job? They just spent tons of money to update their parks as it is for the virus.

Even if they did all this "public education" of things people already knew since march, it doesn't change the guidelines from the state.

It doesn't change the guidelines and the guidelines say they can reopen when the infections are down to a certain point.

So no, they don't have to work to help the community lower infection rates, but if they do nothing, it will take longer for their parks to reopen.

oceanbreeze77

Why is that their job? They just spent tons of money to update their parks as it is for the virus.

Even if they did all this "public education" of things people already knew since march, it doesn't change the guidelines from the state.
Disney has a HUGE influence on residents in Socal. The second they released masks, they sold out and everyone in Socal had one. Their influence might not seem to change anything when it comes to the public, but some people around here live and breath disney, so I believe it can. "Ohh did you see Disneys new commercial..." " did you see their new billboard on the 405..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom