Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Darkbeer1

Disney has a HUGE influence on residents in Socal. The second they released masks, they sold out and everyone in Socal had one.

Guess you don't get out much.

I still go out on a regular basis, and plenty of folks outside are not wearing masks.

I suggest you head out to Huntington Beach and other places... But they don't want Disney Masks.

This is more their style.

Giss Neric

I feel bad for all my Cali friends whose tradition is to go to Disneyland every Christmas or New Year's Eve.

Yes, Disneyland has a huge influence in California. If you want evidence, just scan through twitter and Instagram and you'll see tons of them. Just look at Downtown, you constantly see a line just to get in.

LastoneOn

So close ;)

Flu Deaths - ~24,000-60,000
Measels/Mumps/Rubella Deaths - ~400-500
Pnuemonia Deaths - ~50,000

COVID-19 - ~250,000

You came so close @TP2000 ;)
Those comparables aren't quite what you think they are.
They have vaccines and decades of immunity built-up in populations.

What's covid number with vaccines?? OH, you don't know do you because it doesn't exist yet.

Mac Tonight

Disney would need to be very careful how they promote "Covid Safety" so as to not confuse people who might assume it's a new offering in Fantasyland or a new series on Disney+.

Let's be real though, anyone who doesn't already know the safety measures involved in Covid-prevention isn't going to be convinced to change their habits just because their favorite cartoon mouse told them.

I also just really love the implication that Disneyland is still in the place it's in because it hasn't chosen to "buy" its way to re-opening.

lazyboy97o

I also just really love the implication that Disneyland is still in the place it's in because it hasn't chosen to "buy" its way to re-opening.
Nobody has said anything close to this. Being more proactive in addressing the root cause is an option available to Disney that could bear more fruit than continuing to make strongly worded statements.

Mac Tonight

Nobody has said anything close to this. Being more proactive in addressing the root cause is an option available to Disney that could bear more fruit than continuing to make strongly worded statements.

giphy.gif

Oh the irony... not only was it you who said it, but apparently it was an idea "stolen" from your Super friend.

Stealing from @el_super, Disney [and Cedar Fair] could literally buy their way to reopening.

Have a nice weekend. :)

lazyboy97o

giphy.gif

Oh the irony... not only was it you who said it, but apparently it was an idea "stolen" from your Super friend.

Have a nice weekend. :)
Again, suggesting that something could be done is not in any way close to your characterization. Nobody is saying that it is Disney's responsibility. Could does not mean should or must.

Mac Tonight

Doing something is still more than doing nothing. Disney is choosing to do nothing.
Hardly. Disney is only responsible for people on Disney property. They've gone and done everything the govt has instructed on getting DTD and WDW and many international parks open safely. Disney isn't responsible for enforcing social distancing in your neighborhood or mask wearing at your Halloween party.

You're acting like Disney is willingly ignoring Covid and just begging the governor to let them open with no restrictions.

lazyboy97o

Hardly. Disney is only responsible for people on Disney property. They've gone and done everything the govt has instructed on getting DTD and WDW and many international parks open safely. Disney isn't responsible for enforcing social distancing in your neighborhood or mask wearing at your Halloween party.

You're acting like Disney is willingly ignoring Covid and just begging the governor to let them open with no restrictions.
So it would be wrong of Disney to file a lawsuit?

Mac Tonight

Then what does “could” mean? Please provide a quote that in any way indicates an obligation.
I never said anything about obligation.

I said, I love the implication that Disney could buy their way re-open.
You said "no one is saying anything close to that" and I literally quoted you saying that exact thing.

Mac Tonight

So it would be wrong of Disney to file a lawsuit?
I'm not the lawsuit guy. Lawsuits are costly and time-consuming and very rarely get their desired result. In this case, it seems that Disney will forgo legal action in favor just publicly saying they're disappointed with the Governor's refusal to be more reasonable.

el_super

Huh? You are making some huge leaps here. No one is saying that it is Disney's responsibility to provide public health assistance. Hopefully no one is insinuating that Disney should be going door to door enforcing mask wearing. What we are suggesting is that Disney can use the resources they have available to help get the message out.

Think of it this way: it's not your responsibility to dial 911 after you witness a car accident, but doing so can help get assistance to those who need it much sooner.

This has nothing to do with Disney's implemented safety measures. The public health officials have told Disney they can reopen when infections are down to a certain level. Disney can either help the community get to that level, or sit on their hands and cry foul. We've seen which option they've choose and so far it hasn't helped them at all.

Assuming Disney wants to be open, maybe they could try a different strategy than doing nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom