theme park or other food pictures

donaldtoo

Cheesesteaks in Philly, Jersey Shore and surroundings are next level quality. Charleys nationwide is good but not like those areas especially in Philly. I know some of those places can ship nationwide to your home.

I’d never even heard of Charleys until I saw it here.
The guy who owns Delaware Sub Shop moved here from Delaware in the late 70’s to go to St. Edwards University, and opened the shop in 1980.
It specializes in Philly style cheesesteaks and subs, and has been endorsed (including in commercials) for decades by former UT football player and 12-year Philadelphia Eagle OL Jerry Sisemore.
Their sandwiches aren’t inexpensive, but darn they’re authentically amazing-good…!!!!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

I'd expect a LOT better from The Mara, at AKL. That had been one of my favorite QS places on WDW property -- even hopped on a bus over there (on my previous trip 5 years ago), just to have lunch one day. (I've eaten there in the past, so that's how I knew the food was usually good. It still was, when I visited. Hoping your breakfast was just a one-off . . .)

It wasn’t horrible, but it just wasn’t nearly as appetizing as on our last trip…again, I’m being generous here.
I devoured that one, and I really wasn’t all that hungry at the time.
I had such high hopes based on our last time there and was really hungry, but couldn’t finish the sandwich or the tots.
The sandwich was soggy and dripping liquid, and the tots were too salty. It was just kinda’ gross.
And, this is coming from a guy that has eaten everything from rattlesnake to armadillo to squirrel to rabbit, to bullfrog, etc….!!!!! :hungry::hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No Walmart near me, but there is a butcher shop that also sells cold cuts (I just haven't bought any there -- usually only go to the place for a steak, for summer grilling). So, that's a good tip -- I may try to see if they sell it.
@trr1 -- As a follow-up, I went to the butcher shop yesterday morning for steak. I also asked the owner if they had liverwurst in his deli section; and he told me he dropped it about a year ago, because it just wasn't selling. Oh well . . .

If you go to ethnic grocery stores , in general , canned liverwurst is sold.
That's a good tip; but for some reason, canned meat is kind of a turnoff to me. And that's strange, because I always eat canned tuna! Not sure why, but canned fish gets a "pass" -- 🤦‍♀️

Lilofan

@trr1 -- As a follow-up, I went to the butcher shop yesterday morning for steak. I also asked the owner if they had liverwurst in his deli section; and he told me he dropped it about a year ago, because it just wasn't selling. Oh well . . .

That's a good tip; but for some reason, canned meat is kind of a turnoff to me. And that's strange, because I always eat canned tuna! Not sure why, but canned fish gets a "pass" -- 🤦‍♀️
If you can find a deli that sells Boars Head the brand has liverwurst that can come sliced to order. We grew up on canned stuff, sardines , spam, liverwurst etc. When vacationing in Hawaii, Spam is king with many varieties. Back in the day the breakfast special at the Waikiki McDs was white rice, fried spam, scrambled eggs and miso soup with coffee which I enjoyed. In a pinch or planned meal , canned fish especially sardines ( rich in omega3 goes well with bread. When vacationing in Europe the fresh grilled sardines served table side in Turkey and Croatia is delish!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If you can find a deli that sells Boars Head the brand has liverwurst that can come sliced to order. We grew up on canned stuff, sardines , spam, liverwurst etc. When vacationing in Hawaii, Spam is king with many varieties. Back in the day the breakfast special at the Waikiki McDs was white rice, fried spam, scrambled eggs and miso soup with coffee which I enjoyed. In a pinch or planned meal , canned fish especially sardines ( rich in omega3 goes well with bread. When vacationing in Europe the fresh grilled sardines served table side in Turkey and Croatia is delish!
The butcher only carries Boars Head (for deli selections). Hence, he used to carry it before he discontinued stocking it.

Lilofan

The butcher only carries Boars Head (for deli selections). Hence, he used to carry it before he discontinued stocking it.
Thats unfortunate. Liverwurst is eaten in parts of Europe, Asia and South America and at times immigrants who come here to settle in USA miss that and its sold in some places. That's what I like about canned liverwurst , spam, sardines, it is tasty cheap and can be eaten during inclement weather ( ie hurricanes ). The fresh one is tastier though.

trr1

Original Poster

Keep cool everyone​

Freeze Ray Pops

photos from https://w dwnt.com/2023/07/review-freeze-ray-pops-minion-land-universal/
Minion-blue banana popsicle coated in blue and yellow-colored white chocolate with a shortbread cookie Minion eye goggle
1721161728993.png

Gru-Nutella popsicle coated in black-colored dark chocolate with a shortbread cookie Gru “G” logo
1721161792817.png
Vector -orange creamsicle popsicle coated in orange-colored white chocolate with a shortbreadcookie “V”
1721161874108.png

donaldtoo

I used to eat a lot of liverwurst when I was younger, and loved it.
It may simply be a health issue, as although organ meats are less expensive and full of protein, they’re usually full of cholesterol, fat, etc.

I’ve never had a problem with canned meats (everything from Spam to sardines), although, admittedly, “canned meat” just doesn’t sound really appetizing…!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom