theme park or other food pictures

Teppan Edo

EPCOT, World Showcase

Ichigo Colada (Non-Alcoholic)​

Strawberry Pina Colada
View attachment 797297

Asakusa*

steak and shrimp served with garden salad, udon noodles, vegetables, and steamed white rice
View attachment 797304

Volcano Roll*

Grilled california roll topped with shrimp, scallops and volcano sauce
View attachment 797305

Ebi

10 grilled shrimp served with garden salad, udon noodles, vegetables, and steamed white rice
View attachment 797306

Yuzu Cheesecake and Soft-serve Ice Cream (Green Tea)

View attachment 797307
My favorite restaurant at WDW. :inlove:

trr1

Original Poster

donaldtoo

Dinner at Olivia’s at OKW Resort…
My partially drank/drunk/whatever ;) Cigar City Jai Alai IPA, my already bit bread service roll (sorry, we were really thirsty and hungry at this point…!!!!! :hilarious:), and my intact shrimp scampi…!!!!! :hungry:

A16B1895-8719-40C5-B8E3-5771E27EED12.jpeg2F173814-EA4B-4D73-BA83-C44A199AF298.jpeg4868405F-D6EF-4DBE-83F1-7635AFFFBEC4.jpegB7A6C215-00D7-4FCB-84D8-5A6F2CC43BB6.jpeg

On a side note…
During our last WDW trip in Oct. of last year, we met up one night with internet friends at the River Roost at POR to see Yehaa Bob.
One of the guys there (Mike) was from New Zealand, and 6’-7” tall. He knows of my love of beer/ale, and between the 3 he bought me, I ended up having seven 16 oz. Cigar City Jai Alai IPAs at 7.5% ABV, with no problems, not even a hangover on our early next morning. He, on the other hand, said he had had enough at 6, but shortly after I was served my seventh, ended up ordering his seventh, as well…we got a text the next morning saying he wasn’t feeing very well…!!!!! 🥴:hilarious:
On our way back to AKL that night on the bus, my DWifey chuckled and said “I think Mike was testing the Texan…!!!”…!!!!! :hilarious:
That was the first time I ever even had one, but they are so good, if not for everyone because they are a 70 on the IBU scale…!!!!! :hungry:

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
$29 for.shrimp scampi???? :bored::arghh:o_O:facepalm:

Holy cow, I'm.from.New York City so I've never been fazed before at Disney dining prices, but that's just crazy.

Looks like five (admittedly) jumbo shrimp, a.skimpy portion of linguine, a few basil leaves, and a single tomato. Shrimp scampi as I know (and make) it wouldn't include a tomato or basil (and especially not scallions!!) so I assume it’s garnish (especially that scallion), but it certainly leads me to compare your dish to what I made for dinner tonight, which cost.me.probably five bucks plus my labor, and looks like a lot more food. Although the shrimp are merely large, not jumbo. Therefore there are 9 of them!! 😁

IMG_4284.jpeg

That’s a Martha Stewart Food recipe called “Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Pasta”

Congrats on the 🍺. I too have a “hard head” as we say in Ireland (means you tend not to get hungover) I don’t know if I’ve ever had that one, I tend not to like IPAs (too bitter) but Cigar City Jai Alai sounds familiar.

donaldtoo

$29 for.shrimp scampi???? :bored::arghh:o_O:facepalm:

Holy cow, I'm.from.New York City so I've never been fazed before at Disney dining prices, but that's just crazy.

Looks like five (admittedly) jumbo shrimp, a.skimpy portion of linguine, a few basil leaves, and a single tomato. Shrimp scampi as I know (and make) it wouldn't include a tomato or basil (and especially not scallions!!) so I assume it’s garnish (especially that scallion), but it certainly leads me to compare your dish to what I made for dinner tonight, which cost.me.probably five bucks plus my labor, and looks like a lot more food. Although the shrimp are merely large, not jumbo. Therefore there are 9 of them!! 😁

View attachment 799321

That’s a Martha Stewart Food recipe called “Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Pasta”

Congrats on the 🍺. I too have a “hard head” as we say in Ireland (means you tend not to get hungover) I don’t know if I’ve ever had that one, I tend not to like IPAs (too bitter) but Cigar City Jai Alai sounds familiar.

Yea, there was definitely sticker shock involved there, and even more so when the dish came out.
Skimpy 😉 and unlike most shrimp scampi I’ve ever seen.
To be fair though, it was pretty tasty and I wasn’t really looking for anything too heavy that evening (June 26th)…yes, I’m being diplomatic… :cautious:😉

There’s a family-owned Italian restaurant just down the road from us called Reale’s.
They moved here from New York about 45 years ago and are using handed-down family recipes.
They’re consistently ranked as one of the best restaurants in the Austin area.
Although I’ve never ordered it, their version of shrimp scampi below…

1CB2FC78-4C04-46FC-BD4C-C5A807097EF9.jpeg11F2AFFE-343D-4BF6-B323-D3C01AC01A36.jpeg

As far as the beer goes, I’m not a huge IPA fan either, but there’s enough other flavor there that actually makes it darn good and refreshing…!!!!! :hungry:
Ultimately, I just love beer.
If I was ever given the choice between water and one other beverage only that I could drink the rest of my life, without hesitation I would answer “Beer…!!!!!”…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::hilarious:

Also, the rest of Olivia’s entree offerings that night pictured below…

5953B58A-DB5A-4632-8121-39C515A732F6.jpeg

donaldtoo

Gotta love Charley's! In my younger days there was a huge food court near our home. There was at least 15 staff in front of their food locations giving out free samples attached to toothpicks including Charleys. After sampling all the foods sometimes multiple times I was so full it was like eating lunch.

I remember those days…!!!!! :hungry::hilarious:

SteveBrickNJ

Oh my, I gotta’ have the onions and peppers on mine.
There’s a place here called Delaware Sub Shop, and they have these amazing spicy-sweet pickled peppers that are sooo good on their cheesesteak and Italian subs…!!!!! :hungry:
I am aware that most people are liking your preferences. It's just not my thing.

Lilofan

Oh my, I gotta’ have the onions and peppers on mine.
There’s a place here called Delaware Sub Shop, and they have these amazing spicy-sweet pickled peppers that are sooo good on their cheesesteak and Italian subs…!!!!! :hungry:
Cheesesteaks in Philly, Jersey Shore and surroundings are next level quality. Charleys nationwide is good but not like those areas especially in Philly. I know some of those places can ship nationwide to your home.

donaldtoo

2 pics of the ham, egg and cheese croissant, with tater tots, breakfast from The Mara at AKL.
The first one is from our recent trip, and the second from our trip last October…

BE543335-D7BA-4A3F-95C6-10F3768032DD.jpeg21E8701C-D654-40EE-9439-AEA6B74F855D.jpeg

The difference in the pics alone is glaringly obvious.
The sandwich from last October was much tastier, and the tater tots had a great seasoning on them that wasn’t just salt, like on our recent trip.
Very disappointing, especially with a price increase.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
2 pics of the ham, egg and cheese croissant, with tater tots, breakfast from The Mara at AKL.
The first one is from our recent trip, and the second from our trip last October…

View attachment 799479View attachment 799480

The difference in the pics alone is glaringly obvious.
The sandwich from last October was much tastier, and the tater tots had a great seasoning on them that wasn’t just salt, like on our recent trip.
Very disappointing, especially with a price increase.
I'd expect a LOT better from The Mara, at AKL. That had been one of my favorite QS places on WDW property -- even hopped on a bus over there (on my previous trip 5 years ago), just to have lunch one day. (I've eaten there in the past, so that's how I knew the food was usually good. It still was, when I visited. Hoping your breakfast was just a one-off . . .)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom