The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brb1006

Five Decades of Magic at Walt Disney World Resort: 1971-1979​

One of my favorite Walt Disney World photos during construction was a black and white picture of Mickey looking at Cinderella Castle in the middle of construction. I can't find that specific image, but I came across this.
wdw118935SMALL.jpg

If anybody can find that specific photo, please let me know. Because I remember @marni1971's website had that photo in the background alongside of photos from WDW, DL, and the other Disney Parks.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

One of my favorite Walt Disney World photos during construction was a picture of Mickey Mouse looking at Cinderella Castle in the middle of construction. I can't find that specific image, but I came across this.
wdw118935SMALL.jpg

If anybody can find that specific photo, please let me know.

See, the immature idiot in me sees this amazing photo and automatically thinks:

That looks like a bombed out landscape behind him. "Ha ha! Shell this hill here next, oh boy!"

Walt d

It’ll be interesting to see what’s announced. Is tomorrow the official all-inclusive announcement for the 50th or more of a sneak-peek of a taste of what’s to come?
Thank you for the un done photos. First there in 1972. So i have grown. With this fantastic place wish i was closer than 1100 miles.im in amazement every time I visit. How wonderful every thing has grown. And how hard it is to turn around and venture home until the next time! Thanks uncle walt. And roy. You did good!!

TikibirdLand

I definitely think the power of nostalgia is what fuels most of the zeal for Wishes. I assume most of us were fairly young when the show debuted/it was the first Magic Kingdom fireworks show that people vividly remember. Also it was vastly superior to Fantasy in the Sky.

My hope is that Enchantment uses that power of nostalgia to its advantage. Excerpts of Wishes or SpectroMagic would be great to hear and show a reverence for the history of the Magic Kingdom, as a 50th anniversary show should. Also people would collectively lose their minds.
Indeed! Some of the best memories I have of my kids happened during Wishes; none of them in the parks. They were little then and ready for bed before the show every time. Thanks for reminding me of that, Spectro!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yep. And there was one more recently to promote Galaxy’s Edge that is on D+. It would be cool if they could put all those old stuff - maybe include the Christmas parade specials - onto D+ and combine it with the appropriate original programming and make a “parks” section on the service.

I won’t say never, but I highly, highly doubt they’d ever release old Christmas parades on D+. People will see them and realize what a steaming pile of 💩 the current offerings are in comparison.

ppete1975

I think they’d have some ABC special that will then be available on D+ afterwards rather than Disney+ specific programming
My only issue with that (youre probably right), is that the network specials are usually mostly horrible music productions half of the time by the newest flash in the pan, or the houghs.

Where Disney+ seems more documentary style.

personally i want to see the parks, not dancing and singing

DCBaker

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom