The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

Any chance of them finding enough staff to at least roll out FoF on 10/1? If they feel confident to return OUACT in November then why not return FoF? šŸ¤”

Figments Friend

I would think if there was any chance of a full blown parade happening for the 1st, we would be hearing about rehearsals by now.
We are about four weeks until Oct 1st.

Honestly, I would be surprised to see FoF return by then.
Not expecting it, as it still seems too soon based on staffing issues.
My guess would be a 'special' version of the calvacade for the day.

And they had better include the LEGENDARY mirrored 'Castle Float' in any street processions on that day!
Yes, if there was ever a time to roll that historic peice out...it should be for the actual 50th.
It's the floats' 40th anniversary, beleive it or not....originally built for WDW's 'Tencennial' Celebration in 1981 I believe.
Yes!
Gotta exploit that 'nostaligia', man!

People laugh, but the 'Castle Float' rules.
It NEEDS to be used on October 1st.
Seriously.

Just load it up with characters, slap on a '50' emblem, and attach a bunch of Mickey balloons.
Instant 50th Calvacade for the day!
All hail the mirrored Castle on wheels!
Yassss!!
šŸ˜Š

-

Last edited:

mm52200

Any chance of them finding enough staff to at least roll out FoF on 10/1? If they feel confident to return OUACT in November then why not return FoF? šŸ¤”
As has been said before, the cast is waiting and available. On furlough still, and waiting to be called back from their displaced roles(which are now over staffed since CPs arrived), and then a third list of laid off. Thatā€™s not the issue, the staffing. The company just doesnā€™t want to spend the money. Thatā€™s it. Youā€™ll get a nice ā€œnewā€ cavalcade that day with Mickeyā€™s MiSi float sporting a new coat of paint. Thatā€™s it.

jrhwdw

As has been said before, the cast is waiting and available. On furlough still, and waiting to be called back from their displaced roles(which are now over staffed since CPs arrived), and then a third list of laid off. Thatā€™s not the issue, the staffing. The company just doesnā€™t want to spend the money. Thatā€™s it. Youā€™ll get a nice ā€œnewā€ cavalcade that day with Mickeyā€™s MiSi float sporting a new coat of paint. Thatā€™s it.
New Paint? It's been gone for weeks! Maybe it's more extensive???

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1630243153614.png

JohnD

OH yeah, there will definitely be a plan as to when people will be allowed to enter from all points.

I'm sure details will be known before the date as to when the Parking toll gates open and Guests will be allowed to decend upon the realm.

Remember folks, it's going to be a crazy ( but memorable ) day on October 1st at the Magic Kingdom.
Crazy.
Get plenty of sleep the night before, as you probably won't get much that evening with all the excitement and the post-event adrenaline rush.

Also, don't forget to bring your own food!
I've noted this a couple of times already, but come prepared -
All table service locations at MK and in many cases the surrounding MK area Resorts are booked up for the 1st.
CS and snack carts wil likely be very busy...so be sure to bring some snacks with you just in case!
Expect huge lines for anything food or merch related.
I won't even get into Attraction lines....

My plan is to just enjoy the day and observe the festivities and scene around me.
Not pursuing rides at all that day as I fully expect everything to be absolutely mobbed.
I've experienced them all before , many times, over many years....and will do so in the days before and after the 1st.
Hoping to snap a lot of photos and share some commentary here about the day.
:)

-
I briefly thought about attending 9/30 HHN at Uni but quickly ditched that idea. I do have a 6pm ADR at Toledo, though. No other plans that night. I'm an early riser and will probably wake up early anyway and enjoy my free breakfast at Springhill before hopping in my car. I'll get there when I get there and enjoy the day also. Will hop on rides as they present themselves if the queue is decent but don't plan on waiting for hours. I have a 5pm ADR at Whispering Canyon which will be a nice diversion outside of MK in the early evening before returning for the entertainment that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom