The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Cmdr_Crimson

Sounds like the limited merchandise will actually go on sale in August and not Oct 1? 🤔

Let's hope they curb the issue with resellers this time..😡
kz5j0wrhdv951.jpg

Last edited:

TTA94

I think the shirts on sale this month should be called limited time 50th Winter collection lol. Who the heck is going to wear a long sleeve shirt at WDW until maybe December?

Inspired Figment

Ngl, ‘really’ love the real vintage designs they went with here. Like on the plates, some of the t-shirts, etc. and then this 50th design on the soap dispenser. It’s got Figment, Orange Bird, and Chuuby on it; along with some of the other classic characters like Mickey & Friends (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto) Tink & Chip n Dale, etc. ; (Hopefully I’m able to find this design on some of the other merchandise, specifically featuring Figment & Orange Bird along with the rest of the cast)
CA9C616F-219A-40D7-84F0-F672274B0493.jpeg

along with the classic inspired plush of Mickey & Minnie. Honestly those are some of the best plush interpretations I’ve seen of the characters in a while. 👍🏻👍🏻;

78D933D7-8529-422C-83F4-3064EBFD802A.jpeg

Inspired Figment

Because nothing says “Walt Disney World!!!” more than R2-D2. 🤦‍♂️
Well.. to be fair, Star Tours has been a part of WDW, Particuarly MGM/Hollywood Studios since the late 80s atleast. So I get that… granted, I would’ve went with Captain REX myself.. but considering he’s no longer the pilot in the attraction, R2-D2 is fine, as he’s had a major starring role in all incarnations of the ride so far. Plus, all in all, he’s a charming yet totally iconic & ‘classic’ Star Wars character.

Last edited:

tcool123

Because nothing says “Walt Disney World!!!” more than R2-D2. 🤦‍♂️ They just confirmed the “golden characters” are nothing more than marketing ploys to get people to buy more overpriced crap. Congrats.
Out of all them R2 is one of the better choices after all Star Wars is half of Hollywood Studios with Star Tours, Galaxies Edge, Launch Bay, and the fireworks assuming they return. R2 is prob one of the best characters they could have chosen to represent Hollywood Studios alongside with Woody.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well.. to be fair, Star Tours has been a part of WDW, Particuarly MGM/Hollywood Studios since the late 80s atleast. So I get that… granted, I would’ve went with Captain REX myself.. but considering he’s no longer the pilot in the attraction, R2-D2 is fine, as he’s had a major starring role in all incarnations of the ride so far. Plus, all in all, he’s a charming yet totally iconic & ‘classic’ Star Wars character.

This is an Iger ego appeasement because he bought Lucasfilm. Nothing more, nothing less. But maybe I’m a little more hard-line and jaded than others.

G00fyDad

This is an Iger ego appeasement because he bought Lucasfilm. Nothing more, nothing less. But maybe I’m a little more hard-line and jaded than others.

Maybe. Because I don't see the issue with R2-D2. I would agree with you if it were Grogu since he was a cash cow for Disney. R2-D2 is an established character that has been around in the media and DHS for decades.

Inspired Figment

In this case I’d say perhaps a little more jaded. I totally get where you’re coming from.. but in this case, considering Star Wars’ history within the parks. I don’t consider this a huge “Iger/Chapek ego flaunt” per say. Now if it were something like BB-8 or Rey or Kylo Ren or something along those lines… ‘that’ would definitely be that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In this case I’d say perhaps a little more jaded. I totally get where you’re coming from.. but in this case, considering Star Wars’ history within the parks. I don’t consider this a huge “Iger/Chapek ego flaunt” per say. Now if it were something like BB-8 or Rey or Kylo Ren or something… ‘that’ would definitely be that.
Give them time. 😉😂

A single ride in the parks since 1987 still doesn’t give them a pass in my book. Again, maybe I just have higher standards than the pencil pushers making these marketing decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom