The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ImperfectPixie

Well, I've mentioned this before: That's not iridescence. It's ombré.

I fear the imminent collapse of Western Civilization and the coming of a New Dark Age.
Yup. They did a crap job at achieving iridescence with the paint.

THIS is iridescent.
Home Decal Final.jpg

The color changes depending on where the sun is hitting it.

ImperfectPixie

I am confused...I know 25th is the Silver Anniversary, but which Anniversary is the Iridescent Anniversary? And just plain WHY?
How did they get the 50th Anniversary so right at Disneyland and so completely botched at Walt Disney World?
My first guess would be different management and creative teams and zero communication between coasts for achieving similar things. (Although I could be wrong on this...especially the communication part. But the management and creative teams part is a most likely culprit.)

jrhwdw

How did they get the 50th Anniversary so right at Disneyland and so completely botched at Walt Disney World?
I'm willing to give the Castle/Beacons Of Magic a chance, but I'M SURE COVID didn't help the 50th Plans!!!!!!!!! With the way FL/USA is going, who the heck knows about 10/1???????

aladdin2007

I am confused...I know 25th is the Silver Anniversary, but which Anniversary is the Iridescent Anniversary? And just plain WHY?

all they care about anymore is what's intagrammable, the castle, the statues, lights on SE etc...yet show quality in rides and attractions and other things that should have care and a budget don't. And as others have noted the teams that now do this stuff have no art direction skills like in the past. hence the 50th really seems to have no sustenance beyond the internet and phones and bloggers. thats how I see it anyway unfortunately, but just one opinion. we all here def have one. makes it all fun to discuss but when you get right down to it its just not impressive, I cant get excited over a bunch of statues that cost probably how many millions?

deix15x8

all they care about anymore is what's intagrammable, the castle, the statues, lights on SE etc...yet show quality in rides and attractions and other things that should have care and a budget don't. And as others have noted the teams that now do this stuff have no art direction skills like in the past. hence the 50th really seems to have no sustenance beyond the internet and phones and bloggers. thats how I see it anyway unfortunately but just one opinion.
Yep, it seems like the cost of these 50 statues is coming from marketing and they'll get all their value out of them in the lead up to the 50th rather than as an actual feature of the 50th.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There is also word that Mcdonald's once again will be doing Happy Meal toys in celebration of WDW's 50th. While nothing has been revealed I'm sure we're expected to see what they will be within a few weeks..Now if they could sell glasses again..They'd all dissappear in a hot minute..

Now that would be a welcome surprise. I still have some of the figures and cards from DL’s 50th tie-in from McDonalds. And of course the glasses from WDW’s 25th. 😀 Didn’t they also do glasses for the millennium? Not home at the moment so I can’t check what I have in the cabinet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom