The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Parker in NYC

They are getting closer to normal (9am-11pm).

So Close Reaction GIF by Travis
Was it not 9-7 (FW) and 11-9 (WS) for years or am I mistaken? Granted, they did keep certain attractions open in FW past 7.

ToTBellHop

Was it not 9-7 (FW) and 11-9 (WS) for years or am I mistaken? Granted, they did keep certain attractions open in FW past 7.
Correct. 10-10 is no different in quantity than its old 9-9 hours. It used to have one EMH morning and one evening, so an extra 3 hours per week. Soon it will have 3 1/2 hours of morning hours and 2 in the evening for the aristocracy. Net increase of 2 1/2 hours per week for Vineyards Vines fans.

G00fyDad

All but one was basically post-acquisition. I don’t remember when SW weekends started, I’m pretty sure they started pre-2012, but that still is a big logical leap to justify a position that R2-D2 “fits” as a 50th character.

Okay. Just walk past the statue and all of Batuu if you dislike it so much. :) 👍

DisneyDodo

It wasn't leaked.

The click-bait title says the list is "revealed."

The web page says they put the list together based on 50th Celebration "clues" in the various pieces of artwork.

It's not the real list.
Ah ok. So far it's been accurate (they predicted Woody, Bo Peep, R2-D2, Cheshire Cat, and Mad Hatter), so it seems like they've pieced it together pretty well.

Brer Panther

Interesting that Zazu and Kevin made it on there. I didn't think they were particularly popular characters, or at least as iconic as characters like Figment, Dumbo and Tinker Bell.

That bird from Mickey's Runaway Railway made it on there? Jeez, they're REALLY trying to push that ride as a groundbreaking automatic classic, aren't they?
Nope. No Simpsons in any Disney park.
The only thing that would be worse than having the Simpsons in a Disney park would be having characters from Family Guy in a Disney park.
Considering it’s a Holiday themed movie… probably not. Works great seasonally when they bring the characters out & have themed decorations for for Halloween & Christmas events. But permanently/all year round.. not so much. Also takes away that specialness from the characters IMO also. Considering they’re supposed to be seasonal/holiday themed characters that only celebrate each time their holiday comes around even in the film respectively.
The 50th Anniversary celebration starts in October, right? Halloween is in October. So there's that.
I saw a leaked list of the 50 characters on the site not to be named. No Kermit. No NBC characters.
Wasn't that list just the writer making assumptions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom