The weather is here...I wish you were beautiful...or something like that!

Hello again, my WDWMagic peeps! Welcome back for another installment in the many adventures of SweetPee's family!

Not gonna get too organized or crazy piecing this one together. It's against the rules after such a kicked-back journey. If you don't know us yet, check out a few of the old reports in my signature. There's more than enough there for you to get to know us.

No big who, what, when, or where's for ya this time, either. Wanna know? Read more. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you get and enjoy the ride. Hope you'll come along. The more the merrier. Let's hit the highway yet again....:wave:

Disneyfalcon

I think when we start discussing our options for the girls cruise it's gonna be FUN!

I dunno, I think my boys could spend 5 days in paradise and find something to complain about....especially if they're there together. Good Lord. They fight about eeeeeeverything!

I should send you this pirate menu. I also have the final night one, too. LOL! What am I going to do with them??? I don't know why I even took them. Maybe for reference. But you would need the info more than me. Duh! I'm a freakin' clepto or something. :hammer:

Yeah, the axe story. I'm sure y'all will hear the whole thing at some point... LOL!

It is going to be so so fun when we start planning our what-to-dos!! :sohappy:

No, don't send it to me! You keep it!! It's an awesome souvenir! I can find them online! :)

I'm sure we will hear that story! I'm kind of scared!! :lol:

Even though we didn't run it this go around, we bought Brian (& me...& Tammy's hubby per her request) a CC5k tshirt. We bought Chandler a Castaway Cay tshirt while we were picking up the package.

It's a well kept secret that when Tammy books your cruises you have to buy her things at Castaway Cay. :lookaroun:lol:

In case you're wondering, I also have the menu for tonight sitting on my sewing table. When Som handed me my menu he said, "Miss Kellyyyyyy...remember...I not see a thing...no...not looking..." LOL!

That is hilarious! :lol:

I hope Chandler's wrist is okay! Ally is in a brace right now from a wrist sprain.

I so felt your last night blues. I hate packing on that last night! :cry:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It is going to be so so fun when we start planning our what-to-dos!! :sohappy:

No, don't send it to me! You keep it!! It's an awesome souvenir! I can find them online! :)

I'm sure we will hear that story! I'm kind of scared!! :lol:

It's a well kept secret that when Tammy books your cruises you have to buy her things at Castaway Cay. :lookaroun:lol:

That is hilarious! :lol:

I hope Chandler's wrist is okay! Ally is in a brace right now from a wrist sprain.

I so felt your last night blues. I hate packing on that last night! :cry:

:lol: I know you're wondering why the heck you even asked such a flaky chick like me to get that shirt for you. I've had it all set to go since a day or two after we got back. I swear I'll send it in the next few days. I've taken that package all over the stinkin' place...just never make it to the post office. It's been to Alabama and back, to Houston and back twice.... :lol:

Don't be scared. Accidents happen, 'specially when little kids escape the house while Mommy sleeps. It's a happy ending, tho. I have my fingers. They just don't look or work all that swooft.

Brian's hand is okay. It was a bit puffy and he favored it for a few days. If we'd been at home I prob'ly would've taken him to the doctor right away. By the time we got home and another day had gone by he said it was feeling better so we let it go. He's very accident-prone on a good day. He's forever stubbing his toes or slipping on the steps at home. Maybe he'll grow up to be a stuntman! :lol: Hope Ally is okay!

The last night blues totally blow. I don't remember the last night being so dead on the Dream but then the Dream was only 3 nights when we sailed her. They keep trying to pack more in for us, I guess. There was like nothing going on around the ship this time. I was bummed!

Disneyfalcon

:lol: I know you're wondering why the heck you even asked such a flaky chick like me to get that shirt for you. I've had it all set to go since a day or two after we got back. I swear I'll send it in the next few days. I've taken that package all over the stinkin' place...just never make it to the post office. It's been to Alabama and back, to Houston and back twice.... :lol:

Don't be scared. Accidents happen, 'specially when little kids escape the house while Mommy sleeps. It's a happy ending, tho. I have my fingers. They just don't look or work all that swooft.

Brian's hand is okay. It was a bit puffy and he favored it for a few days. If we'd been at home I prob'ly would've taken him to the doctor right away. By the time we got home and another day had gone by he said it was feeling better so we let it go. He's very accident-prone on a good day. He's forever stubbing his toes or slipping on the steps at home. Maybe he'll grow up to be a stuntman! :lol: Hope Ally is okay!

The last night blues totally blow. I don't remember the last night being so dead on the Dream but then the Dream was only 3 nights when we sailed her. They keep trying to pack more in for us, I guess. There was like nothing going on around the ship this time. I was bummed!

Stop! I'm not in a hurry! It's for Father's Day! :)

I'm so glad you haver your fingers! I can't even imagine how traumatizing that was though!

Good, I'm glad he's okay! Ally is good. Somehow she made it through volleyball, basketball AND soccer season with no injuries. Then one day in PE, bam - sprained almost broken wrist. :lol:

I hate hate hate that last night! I'm sad there was nothing happening! On our last 3 night we chilled in a lounge with Missy and her hubby. That helped ease the sadness.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
^^
Just be glad I packaged your stuff up before these evil cold cooties decended upon us. I'd hate to send Stephen an extra unwanted 'gift' for Father's Day. Lol!

I think we're going about our last night wrong now that I think about it. If you're going to put out your luggage then, yeah, you gotta pack up. We seem to wake pretty early on debarkation day. Maybe we should spend more of our final night enjoying ourselves and use some of the early hours the next morning for the final packing. Not sure I'll do FEs again. That adds stuff to carry onboard and a LOT to carry off.

I still have to upload my final loot pics and do my wrap-up. Definitely feel like I accomplished something finishing the report!

:wave:

Disneyfalcon

^^
Just be glad I packaged your stuff up before these evil cold cooties decended upon us. I'd hate to send Stephen an extra unwanted 'gift' for Father's Day. Lol!

I think we're going about our last night wrong now that I think about it. If you're going to put out your luggage then, yeah, you gotta pack up. We seem to wake pretty early on debarkation day. Maybe we should spend more of our final night enjoying ourselves and use some of the early hours the next morning for the final packing. Not sure I'll do FEs again. That adds stuff to carry onboard and a LOT to carry off.

I still have to upload my final loot pics and do my wrap-up. Definitely feel like I accomplished something finishing the report!

:wave:

:lol: He will thank you!

You may be right. If you're carrying off your own bags anyway then why spend the last night packing?

I'm on the fence about FE's too. The kids loved them when they were little. Now I'm not sure they're worth the trouble. Although we did get some neat things in Alaska.

Can't wait for the wrap up!

Kristia

I know I will forget a lot of what I wanted to say but here goes....

Love your pics of CC! I want to be back there so bad! I agree that the food was just ok. Good idea to go back to the ship for lunch. We might try that next time! And you still look great in your bikini! I can't even pull off a two piece. Oh wait a minute, yes I can, the kind that hides your stomach and has a skirt for the bottom! :lookaroun Even with all this running....oy. I don't think I will ever have a bikini bod! :lol:

I so wanted a CC 5k tee but all they had when we were there were XL and 2 XL. Ugh!

I think next time we will probably do Topsiders for our last breakfast. Is the spread as good as a regular buffet breakfast? Our last breakfast was not good at all.

Your pup is so cute! And that is a look of pure happiness to to be back with the family! The worst part of going on vacation is leaving my furkids! There were actually 2 therapy dogs (a lab and a zu) on the cruise we went on. One was a seeing eye dog and not sure what the other was for. They had a little wading pool with sod set up on deck 4 near where the mechanical rooms were. At first, I didn't know what it was for, than I saw doggie bags there later. :lol:

Ah yes, the $90 parking fee! But it was kind of worth it to have the car right there. We could have taken the free hotel shuttle but didn't want to be waiting around for it.

PolynesianPrincess

Awesome TR, Kelly! Looks like you guys definitely had an awesome time!!

I sooo want to go parasailing! We debated doing it at WDW last year but we opted not to. Hopefully someday soon. It is on my bucket list! CC looks like a great place to do it. Nothing better than overlooking the ship and that crystal blue water!!

I will agree with you that dogs have a personality and express feelings. My mom's little pup smiles whenever you talk to her. You can tell it's a legit smile. It's so flippin cute. It was really hard for my sister to leave her pup when we went last month. He's like her baby. Just turned 3 yesterday! :D

iloverags2

After reading this, I may be inspired to post a report I wrote for my mom's reading enjoyment from our 2010 "honeymoon" (really anniversary, but we refer to them as honeymoons) trip. It's difficult for me to write reports since we don't do a whole heck of a lot (DH has a neck injury which keeps him in bed a good part of the day...we are on the ship more to relax than anything else). That report was for our 10th anniversary and has a few really special moments included in it, so it makes for better reading than "we spent a good deal of time in the stateroom." LOL!

I loved reliving the cruise through your report, Kelly! And honestly, you look fabulous in all your pics!

Kristia

Oh yes! I forgot to add also that we would love to try parasailing one day. The price was a bit off-putting to us this time around though. Maybe if we skip doing an excursion in Nassau next time. It wouldn't have matter anyway because none of the excursions went out from CC due to wind.

TakeMeThere81

This is our view from our table. I totally thought of Melanee! Both those boats, the white Coast Guard one and the one in front of it are actually museum boats you can tour.

DSCN0513.jpg

A shout out!! :sohappy::sohappy: How much do you rock? Well, you already know ;) I love that when you see Coast Guard, you think of us!!

So yes, there are Navy and CG bases on Key West, and the air bases in Miami and I think Clearwater deploy over Key West. Rough life, eh? Of course the deploying would have zilch to do with us, but it would always be a good excuse to drive down and meet the hubby.

I'm so loving the portion about Key West. I have always wanted to go and now I am NUTS to go! I don't know if it is because I am really missing the warm weather or the real beach. We live a block or two from the beach here in NW Oregon but I gotta tell you...hoodies at the beach kind of takes the magic out of it. And all these fools who come here to "visit the beach" have no clue. My beach is Florida plain and simple. If we're getting specific, the Gulf all the way. But anyway I've said to much...can you tell I'm sick and tired of the cold? :veryconfu

That being said, if you ever need a summer vacation to cool down from the Texas heat, and want to get away from the big city, I can recommend some great places on the NW Coast. There is a lot of beauty here. And random fact...you know the awesome cult smash hit movie The Goonies that we all grew up on? It was filmed here. I could take a picture of it today if you wanted because my son goes to school a block away. Weird huh? "Heyyyyy you guyyyyyys!!!"

Ok and on a totally off-topic note, I just found out...I got into the nursing program!! Woohoo!!! I'm going to be a nurse!:sohappy::sohappy: (Unfortunately it means I have to stay here in the cold longer but it won't matter...I will be spending all of my time in the hospital doing clinicals).

Ok off to get ready for my day. Gonna read page 6 and on later this afternoon! Loving it Kelly!! :wave:

6laurac

End of trip story crasher sorry! But I just spent almost two hours reading your terrific trip report. Then to cap it off I saw you have a Min Schnauzer like the one I used to have (13 years of love) and I said to myself-this is a true Disney kindred spirit all the way.

Best regards and I will look forward to DW trip reports from you in the future. Thanks

Kelsybelle

You are a fabulous writer! I have been enjoying your trip report for the last few days and I can tell that you write it as you feel it. Such a great, easy read!
This New England girl has to wait until May, 2013 to be on Disney soil again and your trip report has soothed my restless Disney spirit! I can't wait to read your other trip reports...and you know what? You have inspired me to maybe look into doing a Disney cruise. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have really moved me!
And btw, you have a beautiful family! :)

TakeMeThere81

Nooooooooo!!!! It can't be over!!! :cry: It stinks how quickly a wonderful vacation is left in the back window. No bueno :(

That sunset leaving Key West was amazing! Truly incredible! It makes me want to be a pirate on the high seas :cool:

Wow, I can't believe Brian got up super early to watch the sunrise. How cool is that??

LOVED the dinner pictures with you in your beautiful cream dress!! All of them were awesome!

Drinks and stashing rice krispie treats...girl we should hang out ;)

I totally LOLed when I saw your Goonies shirts!!! I left my earlier comment before I even saw them! One more thing we have in common! In fact here, June 7th is officially "Goonies Day". People come in throngs to check it out!

What a wonderful, awesome trip report!! I really need to go on a cruise!!

HouCuseChickie

OK...I woke up this morning still feeling full from dinner. In fact, I'm still technically full; however, reading your report has made me crave any number of things. :lol: It's sad to see it come to an end, but it looks like it was a great trip. :D Your report has definitely helped add a Disney cruise to the host of options for an anniversary trip next year.

I see that Brian's hand is ok- that's good news!

Your drive home also really has me thinking about our Nov trip. While we enjoyed the stop in Biloxi last trip...I'd really just like to head straight home. Of course, we're heading down the Ft. Lauderdale area before hitting the road back to TX.

And yes...I fully believe that dogs do smile. Such sweet pics of the doggy on the drive home :D At least she sits there so nicely.

OK- off to the market and am going to try really hard to not think about any of your food pics. :)

diddy_mouse

Got caught up on your report! Wonderful stuff, Kelly!

That's pretty cool you guys got in a parasailing excursion. I know that's not something I'd enjoy seeing how I'm not a fan of heights, even though the views from up there are probably worth it.

Awww...the last day is so depressing! :( Bittersweet is definitely the best way to describe it. Well you can definitely tell your little pup was happy to see you and I completely agree that our pets miss us when we're gone.

P.S. I really liked your black strapless dress in the picture of ya'll with Chip and Dale. Very cute!

P.P.S. So sad you're trip report is over!

WishIWasAtWDW

wonderful trip report, kelly!! so sad your trip is over. it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. i'm so jealous of all of your future cruise plans! i can't wait to go on another disney cruise. thanks again for sharing!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Ugh, still so busy at work, and this time of year don't have much time to be on the computer at home (outside keeping up with the garden).

Halfway through! (well, I made it to page 7 of 15, anyway). Quick comments:

Key West looks gorgeous, I'd love to go there someday. That sunset=out of this world!!! Great photos. In addition to sunset pics, really nice one of you in "the dress" with your sons--frame that one ;):lol: Can't get over how much taller than you Chandler is now! :eek:

Neat to see submarine. We visited Groton, CT years ago and went on board a nuclear sub, unfortunately can't recall the name of it now. Nice tribute/reminisce about your dad. My brother's a former Marine, served in Kuwait in Gulf War I.

I was supposed to be sailing on the Magic out of NY in August, had to cancel because of some necessary home improvements to avoid getting flooded again this summer! Really looking forward to girls cruise next year...

fractal

Wonderful trip report! Plane tour, splash down and takeoff, and para-sailing all in one trip - that is awesome. Please PM me the contact info of the pilot if you still have. We may give it a "whirl" next month.

Your boys are growing. Has Chandler started to "test his antlers" with Tracey?
Sterg is in that phase now - always wanted to wrestle with me or puff out his chest, etc. :)

As someone with a daughter that is graduating HS this weekend, all I can say is enjoy and cherish the memories. It goes fast, but I'm sure I'm not telling you something you don't already know.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
More quick comments:

Cream dress—gorgeous!! Story of the dress—totally something I would do. Y’all look fabulous dressed up. And Brian getting so mature-looking. Hope you have the stick handy that you’re gonna need to beat the girls back from the door.

Last photo from that evening, of you and Tracey, the one you said you didn’t like—probably because the pose has you holding your stomach. You started out the cruise with stomach issues, so that photo is probably a reminder. ;)

In addition to our wedding anniversary on May 3, we also remember March 30—the date we agreed to “go steady”. This year was big—30 years of “dating”. :king:

Atlantis slide—glad to hear that Chandler came thru that one OK! It must be a redheaded thing, that instinct to retrieve stuff. I once nearly died falling down a flight of stairs because I didn’t let go of the bag I was holding so I could grab a handhold. :hammer:

I love your wavy hair!! And I’m still waiting to see the effect of this weight gain—you look frickin’ fabulous in your tank top and Daisy Dukes standing next to Daisy Duck!!!

Crying my eyes out over nice man on pirate night—this is awkward, because I’m at work!! What a wonderful moment for you.

I’ve got some brother-assisted damage, myself. I’d be missing the top of my right thumb, except they were able to re-attach it (and that was back in the days before microsurgery!) and then there’s the cool scar on my forehead… :rolleyes:

Gotta get back to work now, hopefully I’ll check out Castaway Cay tomorrow! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom