The Walt Disney Company Commits $2.5 Million for Hurricane Katrina Relief

Thrawn

Account Suspended
MouseMadness said:
Cool! Makes my $50 look kinda paltry, eh? :lol: :lookaroun

No, smaller contributions are the ones they need. These big ones are nice and all, but like I said previously, this whole thing is going to cost 75 - 100b before its all said and done. If everyone in the US donated that same $50, you're talking almost 1.5b raised. Don't put down your contribution.
I'm looking at donating my income-post expenses from the month from myself and my company. Its going to be around 20k, just hope it can help a few people. I might wait a week or so though to see how organized things get before I donate. Right now everything seems like a cluster-f.

Bagheera

hakunamatata said:
Would not suprise me a bit if they are letting residents of the affected states that were on property stay at discounted rates until the all clear to go back hits.....
They've approved discounted rates for everyone that doesn't have a place to go back to.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
imagineer boy said:
I did research. It's called DISNEY WAR. And I don't recall reading about Eisner being nice enough to donate, or being nice for that matter.

One book? And thats the extent of it? You're kidding. Yes, DisneyWar is a very good book. However, it is about the dealings inside TWDC. It doesn't go into anything about outside the company. Books only pertain to their subject matter. It would be stupid for a book about President Bush to talk about Disney, so why should a book about "inside Disney" talk about outside Disney?

speck76

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
LOL, I don't think thats such a good idea for the NHL.

Has anyone heard of any companies that are matching contributions with the public, or their employees?

yes......

Bagheera

imagineer boy said:
I did research. It's called DISNEY WAR. And I don't recall reading about Eisner being nice enough to donate, or being nice for that matter.
The book told a very specific story. Things that were not material to the story were not included, such as charitable donations.

speck76

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:

such a great, unbiased source :rolleyes:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Bagheera said:
My understanding is that they're getting Florida resident rates.

Eh, thats nice of Disney and all ... but really, big freakin deal. How long can a family who lost everything afford to stay at a Disney hotel... I mean, I guess thats just about all Disney can do... they can't kick paying people out ...

Villain_70

It seems that at this day and age people forget others, Disney and Wal-mart have donated in the millions.

The US is the first country to help overseas, when we need help were are the ungrateful countries that we have helped. No were, yet they come here and benefit US entertainment. Just think of Disney giving the money from those countries for help. It may not seem a lot for multi-million dollar company, but they did not have to do anything.

frcouk83

I think it is great what everyone is doing to help the survivors of Katrina. I think this is going to be with us for a long time and if we can all pull together to help each other out then we can make it through.

As a side note, not nearly as impotant but it was on the local news today that Central Florida is running out of fuel. Orange County Schools have stopped supplying buses for Extra Cirricular activities and parents will prob have to start driving their children to school starting this Friday. With this they are also saying that all bus transportation could stop by this weekend including Mears (bus company that is used for transportation from the airport to Disney). Part of the story on www.wesh.com or www.wftv.com .

MouseMadness

I got cut off at $45 dollars yesterday at the gas pump. :( (In Detroit) And my husband had some traveling to do, and said the one place he stopped in Toledo was completely out of 87 gas.

WDWScottieBoy

Thrawn said:
LOL, I don't think thats such a good idea for the NHL.

Has anyone heard of any companies that are matching contributions with the public, or their employees?

My dad's company did this with the tsunami, and I'm sure they're donating a large amount of cash, and then matching all employee's donations as well.

PaisleyMF

a Reminder

As a Hurricane Survivor (several in past years) Know first handed the devastation, the insecurity. So sometimes maybe we think just money helps. But Clothes, Food (can and others that doesn't need heating or refrigaration, Baby supplies (diapers, clothes, food) Medicine, Blankets. And eventually hands to rebuild.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom