The very Best Disney World Coaster is?

whitethunder

I'm going to have to go Rockin' Roller Coaster as my favorite Disney coaster. While the que is extremely freaking boring, I do love when you step into the boarding area.

However, being a roller coaster fanatic, my true top 5 starts in Bush Gardens and Universal.

Mickey_777

Rockin' Roller Coaster is more thrilling than BTMRR but BTMRR is a better attraction from the moment you enter the queue (even before) to the moment you exit the ride IMO. BTMRR gets my vote.

Cal Screamin'

I find Cal Screamin' rather unimpressive to be honest. It's got minimal theming and for an outdoor coaster, it's very tame IMO. If we're talking DL, their Space Mountain, to me, is a better overall experience.

the-reason14

Space mt. To me it's the most thrilling and longest. Rockin coaster is more thrilling, but to short, bumpy and loud. Everest is also more thrilling, and quite immersive and long as well, but those 2 stops waiting for the track to flip takes away from the thrill IMO. BTM would probably be right under space as best. It's not as thrilling, but it's themed well and offers big laughs. So everything else falls under those two for me.

6laurac

Rock N' Roller Coaster due to the fast take off. I do wish there was a way the intro could be revamped, the film is getting tired.

Wouldn't it be great if when you have a FP, you could bypass the intro stuff and just jump on the ride?

neoshinok

And the awards go to...

Best to close your eyes on: Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Best at night (especially during Wishes): Big Thunder Mountain

Best when fully functional: Expedition Everest

Best to imagine your face smashing into a support beam: Space Mountain

JIMINYCR

Rock N' Roller Coaster due to the fast take off.

I love waiting in anticipation, watching the countdown, then being knocked back by that burst of speed. Best coaster on property, well worth the wait in line if you don't have a FP. Even though I've seen the intro hundreds of times, I haven't gotten tired of it.

Californian Elitist

Rockin' Roller Coaster is more thrilling than BTMRR but BTMRR is a better attraction from the moment you enter the queue (even before) to the moment you exit the ride IMO. BTMRR gets my vote.

I find Cal Screamin' rather unimpressive to be honest. It's got minimal theming and for an outdoor coaster, it's very tame IMO. If we're talking DL, their Space Mountain, to me, is a better overall experience.

I don't think every single Disney ride has to have a whole bunch of theming for it to be a good attraction. As an attraction in a Disney park, I don't think California Screamin' could be more thrilling. Its got a blast off sequence, three drops, and a loop. No one's gonna really get off California Screamin' ride and ask, "So what's the theme again?" The ride is especially cool at night, with all the pretty lights!

Bocko57

RNR coaster for me, the adrenaline rush, the music, and the smoothness of the ride. BTMR is close for its Theme and its feel of a good wooden coaster.

DizneyPryncess

BTMR or EE - I love the theming of both. Space Mountain is too rough for me, I don't even ride it anymore. RnR is fun too, but the theming doesn't do it for me like the other two do.

If Splash Mountain counted as a coaster, that would be number 1 for me. I usually loop it into that category, even though it isn't a coaster.

mickey2008.1

They all have their own uniqueness and level of adrenaline rush. If its for the rush, its RNR and SM, for pure overall theming and ride, it's EE and Splash Mountain

WorldKey

Did I say story...

I enjoy the theming of the ride queue, the Asian town, the monastery, the shrine, the museum dedicated to the local legend of the Yeti.

I completely agree - Expedition Everest!! The theming is awesome and yes....it definitely has a story - probably one of the clearest of many attractions. The Imagineers spent weeks in Nepal and the East developing the story for the attraction!

sgtmgd

I'm in the minority and say Big Thunder. I love the theme, atmosphere, sights and smells of the ride. It's obviously not the most thrilling coaster, but it combines the best of everything for me.

Big Thundar at night is really special...

Daytime....Rock N Rollar

The Empress Lilly

*** build more coasters *** build more coasters *** build more coasters ***

1 - Space. The greatest ride on the planet. What can I say? I like it rough...:lookaroun

2 - RnRC. I love the launch. The first time I got launched I thought I was going to die form a heart attack. :eek:

3 - Thunder. As a thirty year old family coaster, it now feels like a kiddie coaster. Once I no longer thought of Thunder as a coaster, but as a 'Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland', I enjoyed it again.
http://www.yesterland.com/minetrain.html

4 - Everest. I ride it for the backwards portion, which feels like a horse kicked me in the stomach. Big 'whatever' to the Yeti. What is the point anyway of a .015 second encounter with a Yeti right before the end of the ride.

5 - Crush n' Gusher. Fun. But why can single riders only do one track? My next holiday will be with a special needs person who can't ride coasters with me.

The Barnstormer and Primeval whirl are off-the-shelf kiddie coasters with exposed track. Unworthy of Disney. :hurl:

Best non-WDW Disney coaster: Thunder in Paris. Not nearly as well themed, but what a great ride! Thunder Mountain wuith actual thrills! Such a smooth, exciting ride.

*** build more coasters *** build more coasters *** build more coasters ***

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom