34) Cruella DeVil's Car Chase

Entertainment-
35) Mickey's Boo to You Parade
36) Fantasmic!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey guys! I was going to start posting the Kingdoms Unite! park, but instead I wanted to do a attraction description. I'll start the park in my next post.

Villain's Revenge-

The Exterior- The exterior of the attraction is the already described Villain's Castle, a secret hideaway that serves as the Villain's meeting headquarters. The sides of the building, including the showbuilding, are blocked by a forest of thorns. Cross the drawbridge and enter into the castle.

The Queue- After entering, you'll walk into the queue, which is obviously themed to be the insides of a castle. The queue consists of three rooms, an observatory, a hallway, and a library filled with books of unknown languages, which leads up to the station. All lit by candle flickering chandeliers. At the station you'll find the vehicles. The vehicles consist of two seats together, in rows of five, fitting 10 people in one row of carts. They use the trackless technology found in Pooh's Hunny Hunt. The vehicles are painted in a dark purple and black hue and feature a dragon head on front and tail on back. The carts takes off.

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall- Guests turn a corner into a dim lit room of the castle, featuring a magic mirror on the wall directly in front of the guests. Flames burst from within the mirror. After the smoke clears, the face of the mirror lies within, warning the guests to look out on their journey, for no one knows just how much danger lies ahead. Suddenly, the mirror completely smashes, which is done by projectors. (The mirror was not actually there, instead it's a door that leads to the next room.) Guests proceed through the mirror's broken frame.

Just One Bite- Entering the pitch black room, you hear the Evil Queen's enchanments that she says in the movie. You're carts will start to move and spin out of control. Suddenly, a huge bitten apple appears to rapidly fly down from the ceiling. Guests quickly bolt out of the room, the queen's laughter echoing behind.

River of Souls- In the next scene, a animatronic of Hades stands in his lair. He opens up a passageway, sending the guests into the river of souls. The room is filled with smoke, green lights, and projections of swirling spirits and water-like motions. Large spires of rock stick out from within the water. The vehicles split up and spin throughout the scene. You exit through a broken hole in a stone wall.

King of Pride Rock- You exit out the other side of the hole, and find yourself on the mountain ledge of Pride Rock. Scar is at the top of the mountain. You contine moving closer, nearing the suspended cliff. Shenzi, Bonzai and Ed cackle off to the side. Guests reach the edge of the cliff and take a slight dip (about 8 feet) into a dark room. Air jets blast the guests as they fall making it seem like a steeper drop.

Captain Hook's Ship- As you enter the next room, the vehicles get in line and circle around Captain Hook's pirate ship. Fiber optic wavy lighting on the ground create the illusion of ripples on the water. Captain Hook and Peter Pan lare fighting on the highest mast of the ship. Ahead you see the crocodle, accept...he's huge! You enter into his waiting jaws, slowly descending down. As you go down, the walls fade away to the rippling image of water.

Poor Unfortunate Souls- You enter Ursula's Lair, passing by her garden of lost souls. She sits within her conch shell plastered to the slimy wall of her home. The shell she wears around her neck glows radiantly as you leave the room.

Jafar- You enter into the next room where guests come in contact with a huge genie version of Jafar. They circle the animatronic. A flood of smoke and red lights along the wall, make it seem like you've warped into a mysterious dimension. Projected red lightning bolts flash throughout the room.

The Finale- Guests find themselves outside, the twinkling sky above them. However, the vehicles ascend up a cliff, leading inside of a castle. Once inside, there is a moment of darkness. Then, an awkward silence. Suddenly, strobe lights flicker, illuminating the image of a large 30 foot dragon (Malifacent) ahead. Lightning flashes as the vehicles jolt back, the dragon's eyes glowing. The vehicles quickly move foward to the dragon, but descend down into a gap, just below the dragon, escaping from her claws. They enter a dark room, filled with pixie dust, flickering along the walls and suspended above the passengers.

(Not exactly a "happy ending" story, but I wanted it to be that way.)

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the comments Mater and Jeany!

Disney's Kingdoms Unite!-

Kingdoms of the World-

You enter under a golden archway, into a royal plaza. Flowers and Garden walkways lie along the rim of the entrance. At the entrance, you'll find a small village themed to Traverse Town and Twilight Town from the Kingdom Hearts video game series. Here, you'll find the Gateway Gifts Store, the The Gizmo Shop gift store, and Huey, Dewey and Louie's Gift Station. You'll also find Tony's an Italian restaraunt and an ice cream stand that serves sea-salt ice cream.

Within the village, you'll find Kingdom Hearts, which lies inside the Twilight Town clock tower. It is an incredible dark ride that combines all different ride technology, as you travel along with Sora, Donald and Goofy throughout many classic Disney worlds. Also in the town, you'll find Electric Waterway Trolleys, moving trains that are suspended above waterway platforms, that transport guests throughout the town.

On the opposite side of the town, you'll find Mickey's Philharmagic, which is pretty much identical to WDW's, with the exception of exterior and queue changes.

The town leads up to the edge of a watery bay (about the size of World Showcase's lagoon). In the exact center of the bay, you'll find the Fountains of the World, a ginormous fountain that lights up various colors, and features golden statues of all the main characters represented in the park. Guests can take Boat Cruises out on the lake, to get a closer view of the fountain.

You take a left out of the village and come across the next land, the Fabled Kindom.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Lands-

Kingdoms of the World
Fabled Kingdom
Notre Dame Courtyard
Enchanted Forest
Atlantica
Olympus
China
Andalasia
Pridelands
Indian Grounds

You'll most likely be able to tell by all the names, which match up with their movies. A lot of lands and a lot of attractions in the park. Should be pretty exciting!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fabled Kingdom-

You walk across a bridge suspended above a flowing river. At the other side of the bridge, you'll find yourself in Belle's quaint village seen in Beauty and the Beast. The village is surrounded by a river. Parts of the river flow through the town, so bridges are used to cross over the river. In the center of the village, you'll find a small fountain. Surrounding the center, you'll find the various shops and restaraunts. The shops include L'esprit De Provence, Souvenirs De France, and Plume Et Palette The restaraunts are Les Vins De France, a restaraunt that features lovely ranges of wines, and The Bakery.

In the town, you'll also find French River Canals. Guests board boats and take a trip around and through the village, passing under the various bridges. At nighttime, fiber optics imbedded in the bridges and in the town building create quite a romantic effect. There are even lights that light up the water, so it is definitely a different experience at night.

At the edge of the town, you'll find The Dark Exploration, a train ride through the dark woods. On the journey, you'll encounter screeching bats, an army of scary trees, and a pack of hungry wolves. The train arrives at the gates of a forbidden castle.

Beast's Castle- After exiting the train, you arrive at the gates and pass through. You're on a stone drawbridge that leads up to the door of the castle. You pass through. You'll find yourself in a huge banquet hall that leads up to a staircase. The staircase leads up to Beauty and the Beast, a classic dark ride based on the story. Off to the sides of the hall, you'll find various rooms that lead to other attractions in the land.

In the banquet hall, there are two doors on the left and two doors on the right. Let's go to the left first. In the first door, you'll find Mrs. Potts Tea Twirl, a tea-cup spinning ride. The ride is connected to The Kitchen, a restaraunt themed to the Beast's kitchen. The Kitchen features great food, awesome animatronics and an amazing "Be Our Guest" sequence.

In the second door on the left, you'll find the West Wing. Here, you'll find Beast's enchanted rose and the Enchanted Castle Tour, a tour that is hosted by an animatronic Lumiere and Cogswoth. They take you on a tour of various rooms, such as the Beast's chambers, the Ballroom, and the Library (and there are completely different Lumiere and Cogsworth animatronics in each room, that way they can actually stick with the tour group.)

In the first door on the right side, you'll find a parlour that hosts a Beauty and the Beast Meet & Greet, where guests can meet Belle, the Beast, and all of their enchanted friends. In the second door, you'll find the Mystical Garden, an enchanted garden that features various beautiful roses. At nighttime, the garden sparkles in shimmering lights. At scheduled showtimes during the day, Storytime with Belle takes place in the garden, in a stone carved grotto, which lies next to the castle.

Back at the village, you'll continue walking down the pathway along the lagoon until you reach the next land, Notre Dame Courtyard.

romanarms

wow... it sounds like a great idea for a park... it really puts you in the movie.

how does the name fabeld connects to beauty and the beast? (when i first read it i thought it is about the story "fable")

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
wow... it sounds like a great idea for a park... it really puts you in the movie.

how does the name fabeld connects to beauty and the beast? (when i first read it i thought it is about the story "fable")

Well, during the planning stages, I had a hard time giving a name for this land. This is what I found off of Wikipedia:

A fable is a succinct story, in prose or verse, that features animals, plants, inanimate objects, or forces of nature which are anthropomorphized (given human qualities), and that illustrates a moral lesson.

When I saw the inanimate objects given human qualities line, I knew that it was perfect for the land's title. And then kingdom came from...well, because it's a kingdom. And I've never actually geard of a story called Fable.

Thank you for the comments romanarms!

romanarms

now that you explain where you got the name from, it sounds cool, but still: i didnt know the meaning of "fabled" and i bet that also more than 80% of the people doesnt (a lot of kids also that have no chance to know what that means).
even you, had to serach in wiki to find out this thing.
what i say is that most people will have no idea what is the meaning of "fabled kingdom".

(i am not sure about a story called fable, but there is a copmuter game, i am sure about that).

anyway it ectually doesnt really matter after all, the land itself is very clear about the theme and have great rides and atmosphere.
great job, keep it up!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Notre Dame Courtyard

^^ I had known what the word "fable" was, I just used wiki to help better my definition on it. Anyways, thank you.

Notre Dame Courtyard-

The french theming from Belle's village carries over into the next land. Here, you'll find a duplicated replica of the little french village courtyard found in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. There are banners hanging across the roofs of the building, proclaiming the "Topsy Turvy Celebration". The Topsy Turvy Celebration is a huge festival which takes place twice a day out in the courtyard. It has a carnival-like atmosphere and features masked characters, fun music, and streamers and confetti.

In the village, you'll find the Bell Traders and the Paris Clothiers gift shops. You'll also find the Feast of Fools restaraunt, which is like being at a big, festive party.

Ahead of you, lies the Notre Dame Cathedral. Passing up the large stone steps, you notice the various gargoyles plastered high above. It almost looks as though a few of them are coming to life...nah, it couldn't be.

After passing through the doors, you arrive into the large church. Stained glass portraits reflect bright lights across the ground. There is a distant chanting in the background. In a door to the left, you'll find a theater where The Hunchback of Notre Dame plays daily. It is similar to the show that debut at the former Disney-MGM Studios, only this show is much more elaborate. It features a full indoor theater. Along the walls, there is stone architecture and gargoyles that come to life during the show.

In a doorway to the right, you'll find a interactive self-guided tour that takes guests up into Quasimodo's Bell Tower. Here guests can actually chime bells, which can be heard from outside the buidling. And they may actually be able to see Victor, Hugo, and LaVerne, the gargoyles come to life.

Back along the pathway that follows along the lagoon, you'll come across the next land, The Enchanted Forest.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Enchanted Forest

The Enchanted Forest-

You pass under an archway, made of twisting tree branches, and find yourself in a friendly welcoming forest, seen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The whistle of bird's echoe's throughout the trees. In a large tree trunk, you'll find the Forest Fantasies gift shop. Next to the shop, is the Tree Bark Grove, a quick service restaraunt with an outdoor seating area.

Passing through the forest, you'll find the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage, a fun playground area for children (and adults) to explore. Guests can actually enter the cottage and visit the two story house (even though it looks like it can only hold one story!) On a pathway leading behind the cottage, you'll find an enchanting pathway, perfectly aligned with trees and plants. The pathway empties out into a theater, where Snow White: An Enchanting Musical is performed. At the top of the theater, there are various snack stands.

Back in the forest, if you take a right at the cottage, you'll come to a crossroads. Right now, we'll take the right path. You cross over a log bridge through the forest.

Dwarf's Mine- At the entrance of the mine, there is the Dwarf's Mine Shaft gift shop. After entering into the mine, it empties out into a big dim-lit area. Gems on the walls glisten and reflect light everywhere. Ahead of you, lies the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Madness, a mild rollercoaster, inspired by the current WDW rumor. On the other side of the room, you'll find the Dwarf's Mining Camp, an area where guests can excivate their own rubies and gems. Dopey's Diner, a sit-down restaraunt, offers great cuisine with a mining atmosphere.

Back at the crossroads, let's take the left path and see where that leads.

The Queen's Castle- You arrive at the stone steps of her castle. The castle once again uses forced perspective. To the right of the entrance, you'll find Snow White's Wishing Well, exactly where it was placed in the movie. Snow White's voice echoes from the well. Occasionally, if you look up to the window, you might see a live actor playing the queen, looking down in disgust. Let's enter through the bolted castle doors.

You arrive into the Queen's chamber. Ahead you see The Magic Mirror, which serves as a interactive character, that talks to the guests. To the right of the mirror, you'll find a twisting staircase that leads down into the laboratory. Here you'll find the entrance into the next ride. Guests walk through the line, set up around the various tables and experiments. As you walk past, guest will notice spells such as The Black of Night and a Old Hag's Cackle.

Guests leave the laboratory and enter into a dungeon, which is connected to a boating dock, above a dark stream. Here guests board boats and set off on Escape the Witch, an intense boat ride through the dark forest. There are slight drops and intense scenes. Beware! The queen is after you with her poisoned apples and she will stop an nothing to be fairest of them all!

Back at the pathway that leads around the lagoon, you'll find the next land Atlantica.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Atlantica-

(This will be my last update for today because I'm headin into N.Y. to see Little Mermaid...:sohappy:YES! Ok, now that I've taken several minutes to calm down, I can continue. And it's just so coincidental that I'm describing a mermaid land today.)

Atlantica-

You pass out of the forest, and arrive at a pier surrounding the lagoon. There are fish net fences that surround it, preventing passage. There's a small beah that leads up to the water, covered in shells and tropical plants. On the opoosite side, you'll find the entrance into the land, a large coral sea cove, painted in a dark blue/purplish tint. Along the walls, are seawees and coral of all sorts. To the right of the cove, you'll find an interactive Scuttle standing on a rock, surrounded by all his human stuff. The pathway leads down at a slight angle. As you reach deeper, projections of riplling water around the cove appear, until you arrive into a beautiful undersea garden.

The undersea garden is exactly the one where "Under the Sea" took place in the movie. The area is completely indoors and uses projections of fish along the walls and water reflections along the ceiling. Fiber optic circles throughout the room give the feeling of bubbles. Directly ahead of you, is Ariel's Grotto, a Meet & Greet station where guests can meet the mermaid herself. It has a similar style to Disneyland's meeting area. Next to the grotto, you'll find the Les Possions restaraunt, which lies next to Ariel's Undersea Treasures, a gift shop. You'll also find Sebastian's Sea Shack, a snack stand.

Back in the garden, you'll find various smaller attractions. You'll find Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster, a kiddie coaster, which races through a secluded area of the garden. You'll also spot Jumpin' Jellyfish, a rising/ falling parachute-like ride. And finally, you'll spot Blowfish Balloon Race, a air balloon-like ride.

At the back of the garden, you'll find Under the Sea Adventure. (I already have an entire description of the ride, so I'll post that next.)

To the right of the ride, you'll find a small entrance that leads into a dark gorge. You pass through the gorge and notice that there are two pairs of eyes peering out above you from the rocks. You press on and arrive into a ship graveyard. The area has heavy use of projections on the floor and walls, to give the area a underwater ripple effect. To your left, you'll find the Sunken Sea Treasures shop and to your right, you'll find the Ship Galley quick service restaraunt.

But directly ahead, in the broken hull of the largest ship, you find the entrance into the next ride, Shark Attack! One of the most intense rides at the resort! It has a similar style to Dinosaur! and the vehicles move the same. Guests board ships and set off on an adventure, through the fog-filled ship graveyard. Suddenly, our favorite Shark from the Mermaid film bids us a visit. Can the guests escape in time?

Through the back bart of the ship graveyard, you'll find the final area, Ursula's Lair. You pass through the decaying skull of a sea dragon and enter the main room of the lair. There are no attractions in the lair, it just serves as an interactive/explore area.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Under the Sea Adventure

The Exterior- The exterior is similarly themed to the surrounding cove-like area. It has seaweed and coral on the rocky exterior. On once side of the entrance, there is a trident that lights up as guests pass it. On the other side, there is a mast that reads "Under the Sea Adventure".

The Queue-As you enter the cave, you find yourself in the queue. The queue looks like a large coral sea. There is seaweed and coral that move back and forth in a sea-like motion. There is a mural of Atlantica in the back of the queue. There is also special lighting that gives the queue an underwater feeling. You enter the loading dock and board your vehicle (similar to Nemo's). Your vehicle takes off and enters into a cave.

The Decent Into the Sea- You enter a cave filled with mist. Once the mist clears, you see that the vehicle is moving downward, descending deeper into the sea. If you look up in this scene, Flotsam and Jetsam are seen in a small cave; their glowing eyes spying on you.

Under the Sea Celebration- This is the big scene in the ride! Obviously this is the scene where "Under the Sea" is sung. There is an Audio-Animatronic Ariel that sits on a rock, as Sebastian conducts an orchestra of fish. There is also an enhanced Flounder AA that swims all over the scene, sometimes even over the guest’s heads! There are a plethora of fish like, octopus, colorful fish, snails, and a blowfish that poofs up! Tiny bubbles slowly descend down from the ceiling. You leave the festival and enter a cavern.

The Mist Cavern- You enter a mist filled cavern. Ahead of you, you see the beautiful, sparkling Atlantica. Unfortunately, that is not the direction we are heading. Flotsam and Jetsam appear and (with the use of video screens) they swim through the holes in the caverns. They direct you into the opposite direction: the Ship Graveyard.

The Ship Graveyard- You turn a corner and swim past the ruins of a sunken ship. As you move past the ships, you notice an AA Ariel and Flounder swim from behind one of the sunken vessels. You turn the corner and notice a large ship with a broken window in the back of it. As you approach the ship, a huge shark crashes the window! The vehicle rears back suddenly. Luckily, the shark is too big to fit through, and we escape just in time!

The Geyser Canyon- You exit the Ship Graveyard and enter a sea of steaming geysers. As you pass by each geyser, they explode and steam and water burst out. You swim through the steam-filled sea passage and notice the entrance to a large sea dragon's head: Ursula's Lair.

Ursula's Lair- You swim through the mouth of the sea dragon and enter Ursula's Lair. As you enter, you swim past Ursula's Garden of Lost Souls. Your vehicle turns inwards, facing the center of the circular room (similar to the séance scene in the Haunted Mansion). Ursula and Ariel are in the center, conversing. Ursula casts a spell and colored smoke and fog bubble out of Ursula's cauldron. The deal is done, Ariel is human.

Kiss the Girl- You’re above the surface, floating on a lake, as Ariel and Eric sit in a spinning boat in the middle. Sebastian, Scuttle and various undersea friends sing along to Kiss the Girl. At the end of the scene you slowly descend down into the water.

Ursula Takes Control- You enter a dark cavern. We see that Ursula has dethroned King Triton and has claimed the kingdom as her own. We pass by and notice that she is now holding the trident and wearing King Triton's crown. King Triton has now become a member of Ursula's Garden of Lost Souls, as well. As you exit the scene, we hear Ursula's voice getting louder and louder until it's almost booming.

Ursula's Wrath- You leave the cave and are now above sea...in the middle of a storm. Fog fills the bottom of the room and lighting cackles above. Ursula is now a huge giant! She is using the power of the trident to create the storm. Her tentacles are spinning and moving across the floor, as if they were moving through the sea. The tentacles are lifting up Prince Eric's ship, as Eric stands defenseless. Ursula laughs triumphantly.

The Aftermath- You enter the next room, there is another large Ursula (Except, she's only seen from the waist up) on one side of the room. On the other side, Eris is steering the ship towards Ursula. Once you pass the ship, Ursula lights up electrically and she squirms unpleasantly. As you leave the scene, you hear Ursula shout in agony.

Return to the Undersea Kingdom- You linger in darkness for a moment, before you find your way back to the open sea. Before you is the beautiful Atlantica. You swim up the pathway into the palace. Once you enter the castle, you see King Triton has now reclaimed his throne. The kingdom and creatures of the sea are all there to rejoice. However, it seems that Ariel is missing.

The Coral Sea/ The Secret Grove- You exit the palace and swim throught the sea, past a beautiful field of coral and sea plants. An instrumental "Part of Your World" plays in the background. Another enhanced Flounder AA helps guide you to Ariel's Grotto. You enter the secret grove. Once inside you see Ariel and all her precious human collectibles. Sun rays beam down from the small opening above. You begin to rise above Ariel. As you rise, you hear King Trtion enter the grotto and cast a spell. You rise up and out of the top of the grotto.

The Wedding As you rise out of the grotto, you find yourself above the sea, viewinga grand wedding procession. Ariel and Eric are on their ship, waving goodbye to creatures in the sea and you, as well. As you exit the scene, King Triton makes a beautiful rainbow above you. You board the unloading dock, and exit the vehicle. As you exit the building, you notice a mural of Prince Eric's castle.

You exit the ride through Ariel’s Undersea Treasures gift shop.

Thanks for reading and please post what you think of the ideas so far! Say whatever you think, I won't mind. I'm very grateful to those who have read the thread so far! :wave: Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom