The Ultimate Disney Resort

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Pixar Place-

As you leave Animation Plaza, you arrive at the gateway of Pixar Place. Pixar Place consists of 3 sub-lands. The first is Toy Story Mania.

Toy Story Mania- As you enter, you'll find the Toy Story Midway Mania building on your right, aligned next to Fastpass distribution booths. This area of the park is very similar to DHS. After riding the exciting attraction, you might want to cross the street and go to the Midway Merchandise store. They have everything from "Spring Action Shooters" to Pixar Place sweaters. Next door, you'll find the Toy Story Midway Meet & Greet, where guests can meet their favorite Toy Story characters. Across the street, next to TSM, you'll find Pizza Planet, a sit down restaraunt that features an awesome arcade. You enter into the next area.

Monstropolis- You find yourself in the middle of the city street from Monsters Inc. Beautfil buildings and trees fill the area. On your right lies Monsters Inc.-Creatures Unleashed!, a thrilling spinning coaster that take guests through the story of Monster Inc. The ride is showcased inside of the monster headquarters from the movie, giving an enhanced feel of actually being wrapped within the story. Connected to the left of the monster headquarters is The Laugh Floor, a comedy show where Mike Wasowski interacts with audience memebers. Across the street, you'll find a Monster Inc. Meet & Greet. You enter the next area, where you find yourself in a desert.

Radiator Springs- As you enter, the floor is dark yellow rock, engraved with wave-like motion, giving the feel of sand. Cactus and tumble weeds are scattered along the area. To your right, you'll find the Cars Raceway Rally, where guests can enter car vehicles and are put up against each other to race. The ride features both indoor and outdoor scenes and awesome animatronics. Across the street is Mater's Tire Tumblers, a ride where guests ride in large tires and enjoy a bumper cars like experience. Next to the ride is Sally's Shack, a quick service restaraunt. Don't forget to stop by the Route 66 store to pick up some gifts.

You cross under a brick tunnel and into the next area, New York Street.

MaterA113

I like your Pixar Place idea, will the themeing be similar to the one at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Will you two Cars attractions be similar to the one that are going to be built at DCA? Overall great job so far. Can't wait to see more.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I like your Pixar Place idea, will the themeing be similar to the one at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Will you two Cars attractions be similar to the one that are going to be built at DCA?

The Toy Story Mania section will be very similar to DHS, with some changes to the exteriors and only a few changes to the interiors. Monstropolis will be originally designed, only duplicating the Monster Inc. show building from Japan. The Cars attractions will be similar to the ones coming to DCA but overall, there will be differences from DCA to Radiator Springs.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
New York Street-

After passing through the tunnel, you'll find yourself in the middle of a busy Time Square. The street consists of a series of walls and shops onthe right and left sides of the street. There are large signs, flashy lights, and food carts and merchandise located on the streets. There are fake subway passages and newspaper bins on the sidewalk. To your left you'll find Taxi Cab Collision, where guests enter spinning vehicle taxi cabs and race down a nighttime New York Street.

Continuing down the street, on your left, you'll find Beauty and the Beast, playing at the Palace Theater, the theater that it made it's debut. This 50 minute show is like a mini Broadway version that features costumes, lighting and identical set design. This theater is huge and has two mezzanines and orchestra seating.

If you continue up the street, on the right, you'll find The Little Mermaid, playing at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater, the theater it's actually playing in in New York. Similar to Beauty and the Beast, the hour long show features costume and sets taken from the Broadway version and takes place inside a theater that has an orchestra and one mezzanine level. (I might list the scenes/songs for these two shows later.)

If you continue down the street, you'll find yourself walking into Muppet Studios.

(I'm posting concept art of the park's layout because it's hard to imagine where everything's placed out because of all the lands.)

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Because Broadway shows are one of the more popular attractions to see in N.Y.C. And when you've got a Times Square-themed area you'll see a lot of taxis and a lot of Broadway shows. Even though there are a variety of shows to choose from, Disney only owns the rights to Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, Mermaid, Aida, Lion King and the High School Musical touring production. I wanted to choose two that fit the best with this section of the park.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Studios-

After passing by a passage next to a faux building of the Empire State Building, you'll arrive in a Muppet Courtyard. The centerpiece, a fountain with Miss Piggy dressed in Statue of Liberty attire and various muppets around. To your right, you'll find the classic Muppet Vision 3-D attraction. To your left is a pathway taht connects back to Hollywood Boulevard. The path is also connected to New York Street, to offer a quicker transportation route.

The Muppet Mobile Labs plays daily in the courtyard of Muppet Studios. Gonzo's Pizza Parlour. At the other side of the courtyard is The Great Muppet Ride, a dark ride that takes guests on a hilarious journey as the muppets re-imagine scenes from great movies. Next to the attraction, is the Happiness Hotel Gift Shop. Next to that is the Muppets Take on Hollywood, a show where the Muppets take a trip to Hollywood and get involved in the acting business, singing, dancing and performing their hearts out!

At the exit of the courtyard, you'll find yourslef at a crossroads: One path leads to Lights! Camera! Action! Courtyard and the other leads to The Backlot. We'll head through Lights! Camera! Action! Courtyard first.

romanarms

i like your idea of the muppet take on holywood, but the main problem is that jum henson is dead ( ithink, anyway i know he doesnt do his character anymore). some other characters have their operator retired also.

it will not come out good if you use new ones...

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
i like your idea of the muppet take on holywood, but the main problem is that jum henson is dead ( ithink, anyway i know he doesnt do his character anymore). some other characters have their operator retired also.

it will not come out good if you use new ones...

Just because Jim is dead, doesn't mean anything.

For example, Walt died 40 years ago. Did the rest of the Disney family just decide to give up on his vision? No. If we honestly said that if the creator dies, the business could no longer run, we wouldn't have 10 other theme parks, no movies released after 1966 and all characters from beyond that point wouldn't exist. And just because people retired doesn't mean it can't be recreated. Disney recasts voice roles all the time and no one seems to notice all too much.

romanarms

if that is true so great!!!!!

i like the general idea of muppets take on holywood

the: "camera! action!" land sounds really interesting... i wonder what it will be

Disneyson 1

I'm not even done with reading The Magic Kingdom and I have to say:

THIS RESORT ROCKS!!!!!

P.S. I have a fireworks idea for the park, but I'd have to change it a little.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm not even done with reading The Magic Kingdom and I have to say:

THIS RESORT ROCKS!!!!!

P.S. I have a fireworks idea for the park, but I'd have to change it a little.

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate all comments you guys have. If you have an idea (an idea for rides, shows, fireworks, hotels, dining, shops, ANYTHING) please feel free to post them. (If you want, you can PM me.) And about your fireworks, is it for MK? I hadn't really completely planned out my own firework show. I kinda just threw a bunch of segment together, so if you have any ideas, please post them!

Anyway, thank you so much for the feedback!:sohappy:

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Disney-Studios Concept Art

Disney-Studios Concept Art-

I only drew this so I could space out the lands and attractions in the park. It is not at all, by any means neat (especially given the fact that I drew the right side of the map twice as large as the left. If you can't tell what a certain attraction is, it's alright because I hadn't intended for it to list attractions anyway, only to see where the lands would be.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/picture.php?albumid=291&pictureid=2697

Center Black Outline- Hollywood Boulevard
Dark Blue Outline- Sunset Boulevard
Larger Purple Outline- Animation Plaza
Yellow Outline (Kind of hard to see)- Sci-Fi Soundstage
Green Outline- Pixar Place
Light Blue Outline- New York Street
Smaller Purple Outline- Muppet Studios
Orange Outline- Lights, Camera, Action! Courtyard
Red Outline- Toon Studios
2nd Black Outline- The Backlot

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Lights, Camera, Action! Courtyard-

After you leave Muppet Studios, you enter into a courtyard with a large fountain that lights colors. The floor is imbedded with these beautful lights. The area is themed to be like your at a lush awards ceremony. Directly ahead of you is a large statue of a Oscar award, surrounded by spotlights. To your left, you'll find Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, a copy from DHS. The show is located next to the Studio 1 Store.

On your right, you'll find The Golden Mickeys Award Show, where some of your favorite Disney movie scenes are presented in this ceremony. Next to the show building, is the Awards Academy Atrium, a restaurant that is themed like an award show where awards are given out to certain Disney movies.

At the left of the restaraunt, you'll find yourself pass under a golden archway that reads Toon Studios.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have an idea for an Alien Encounter-style attraction for Adventureland. Should I tell it to you so you can put it in your Magic Kingdom?

Yeah, you can PM me if you want. (I had planned on putting it in the Studios park.) I'll see if the theming in Adventureland is well suited for the ride.

Toon Studios-

You pass under a large archway that leads into a circular shaped courtyard. In the center of the courtyard, lies a Roger Rabbit Fountain, with water jets and water squirting out of his ears. To your immediate left, you'll find Fantasia: A Musical Masterpiece. Link to description--> http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2459798#post2459798

Next to the show is Fantasia Faire, a well-themed Fantasia gift shop. Across the way, on the other end of the Toon Studios circle, you'll find Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, a replica of the Disneyland classic. Next to the ride is Cartoon Cafe, a nice, quiet indoor restaraunt on the edge of Toon Studios. It offers outdoor restaraunt in a beautiful forest picnic-like setting.

Next to the cafe, you'll find a bunch of large stacked boxes and crates, with pictures and labels on them. In the midst of all the items, there is a passageway that leads to Disney's House of Props, a self-guided tour, where a large warehouse is split into Disney movie-themed sections and guests could find and interact with some of the most famous icons and objects from Disney movies. Next to the self-guided tour, is Disney Prop Warehouse, a shop that also makes purpose as an exit to the ride,

You reach the other end of the courtyard and find The Backlot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom