'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

Blueliner

Well, after the second ToT 13k race, I rode TSMM 5 times in a row all walk on, last time they didn't even make me get out of the vehicle, just let me cycle through. Maybe 5 mins wait for ToT, RnRC, and Star Tours. Most of the time I recall was spent walking through the queues.
That would be awesome!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well, after the second ToT 13k race, I rode TSMM 5 times in a row all walk on, last time they didn't even make me get out of the vehicle, just let me cycle through. Maybe 5 mins wait for ToT, RnRC, and Star Tours. Most of the time I recall was spent walking through the queues.
LOL... so pretty much the wait times like you experience for a MNSSHP or MVMC. Im game. Ill get some rides in on everything and then head home. We will be right back there the next night for EMH and I know my wife will make me ride the ToT 100 times. :D

MKCP 1985

Not to get anybody's hopes up, but in 2008, they maybe had a little extra special programming for the Tower of Terror ride during the after party. :lookaroun

I rode it with a local who told me they had done that before for some other special occasion, and now I can't remember what that was.

Anyway, very fun and not to be skipped.

LindsayLoves

Good luck to all those running this weekend! Very jealous I can't join you all but run hard and have a good time, especially all those first time racers in the field. You might catch the Run Disney bug like the rest of us.

joel_maxwell

Not to get anybody's hopes up, but in 2008, they maybe had a little extra special programming for the Tower of Terror ride during the after party. :lookaroun

I rode it with a local who told me they had done that before for some other special occasion, and now I can't remember what that was.

Anyway, very fun and not to be skipped.
INTERESTING Doug. Ill text you and let you know if I can tell anything different.

wilkeliza

Is it natural to be this nervous before your first race. All I can think about is how I didn't train enough and I'll probably DNC. I don't care what my time is I just want to complete.

Memory Maker

Is there anywhere that spectators can hang out for this race and see the runners? I have a friend who was on track to run all the 2012 Disney races but can't be there for this one. I'd like to go out and take pictures for her.

joel_maxwell

Is there anywhere that spectators can hang out for this race and see the runners? I have a friend who was on track to run all the 2012 Disney races but can't be there for this one. I'd like to go out and take pictures for her.
Look at the official guide and it lists spectator locations.

joel_maxwell

Oops Joel beat me to it.
No e-mail for me either Joel. I found out about it on the FB page.

POOR SHOW Disney! :mad:
I saw it on FB about 4 minutes after I posted this.

Yes, this has to be a break down in runDisney's format. They have better show then this. Maybe they just need to hire me to take over that division. :rolleyes:

MCC1

Is it natural to be this nervous before your first race. All I can think about is how I didn't train enough and I'll probably DNC. I don't care what my time is I just want to complete.
Sure, even after you've done some you'll still have some nerves...You'll have plenty of people to key off around you...just keep going and stay ahead of the sweepers and you'll be fine.

wilkeliza

Sure, even after you've done some you'll still have some nerves...You'll have plenty of people to key off around you...just keep going and stay ahead of the sweepers and you'll be fine.

Just wondering how do you know what the "sweepers" are? Is it like a van or something that will be on the course. I've already been told try to get as far forward in my corral as possible and make sure the first few miles are a good steady pace so that if I do need to slow down in the middle that I'm already a few minutes ahead of the sweepers.

joel_maxwell

Just wondering how do you know what the "sweepers" are? Is it like a van or something that will be on the course. I've already been told try to get as far forward in my corral as possible and make sure the first few miles are a good steady pace so that if I do need to slow down in the middle that I'm already a few minutes ahead of the sweepers.
You will know it. 220 volts of electricity will pop you right in the from a tazer gun. So, better run your booty off!

Ok, kidding. But lets not even get into a position where the sweepers are going to see you. You got this.

wilkeliza

You will know it. 220 volts of electricity will pop you right in the from a tazer gun. So, better run your booty off!

Ok, kidding. But lets not even get into a position where the sweepers are going to see you. You got this.

Thanks guys. I have to keep reminding myself that even on my worst run I was at an 18 minute mile so I should be okay.

Now onto an opinion from you guys who have done this more. Is it okay for me to run Friday morning since the race is so late Saturday night? I want to do 2 or 3 miles to just make sure my body is still focused.

joel_maxwell

Thanks guys. I have to keep reminding myself that even on my worst run I was at an 18 minute mile so I should be okay.

Now onto an opinion from you guys who have done this more. Is it okay for me to run Friday morning since the race is so late Saturday night? I want to do 2 or 3 miles to just make sure my body is still focused.
Depends on what your usual mileage is. If you go big mileage normally then this wouldnt phase you. If you dont, then it falls into one of the big "dont do's" the week before an event. Cramming in last minute training sessions doesnt really help and potentially wears you out more. Id give yourself 2 full days of rest depending on your current mileage. Go do 2-3 miles on Thursday morning. Then be done.

I ran this morning and will tomorrow. Then swimming Friday (doesnt count) and non Saturday until the event. 2 days of rest for the legs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom