'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

fmingo36

Thank you Lisa for posting the program.

I still have not received one e-mail from RunDisney about this event. If it were not for this board I would be completely clueless regarding the race! Not happy about the lack of communication! :mad:

enchanted_belle

Updated:
Disney Runner - #1768
Disney Runner Sister - #406
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Texas84 cousin – Brandi - #3440
Joel_Maxwell – Joel – #296
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - Becky - #5730
RunninGator – Chris - #1132
Enchanted_belle – Courtney #8604
TowerofTerror – Joe - #4055
Blueliner – Chris Hawkins - #3698
Blueliner’s wife – Carrie Hawkins - #3697
Fmingo36 – Coryna (Cor-ree-na) J - #2674
Fmingo Hubby – Chris (Ka-ris) #smartarse- #2673
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
Katherine – Katherine - #1362
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199
Hannah1284 – Hannah - #8707
Hannah1284 – hubby - #8728
AUPr8Hd - Brian - #2984

There's more, like PartOfYourWorld, Fashionista007, and derelicte19 are running it as well.

DisneyRunner

I still have not received one e-mail from RunDisney about this event. If it were not for this board I would be completely clueless regarding the race! Not happy about the lack of communication! :mad:

Your welcome. I got one email, a while back, providing links to some offers. The only offer I chose was the poster. Is there a hard copy of the race guide available at the expo?

PartOfYourWorld

I am working on the MnG location map and details, but Im waiting on the official program to be published so I can accurately place corrals etc on my map. So, waiting on you RunDisney! Any day now......

Here is a collection of wdwmagic representing. If I have any information incorrect or missing, just let me know.

Disney Runner - #1768
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - #5730
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199

I'm number 2963! :) Haven't posted much in the thread, but I am very excited for the race and just finished running 7 miles tonight! :) and my name is Jess

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Very Nice. Thanks Lisa for posting.

I havent either. Very disorganized. Yes, if it werent for this forum, and Lisa, Id be refreshing that runDisney site waiting for even my bib number. :mad: Ive run 10K's for $25 that are more organized than this!
There's more, like PartOfYourWorld, Fashionista007, and derelicte19 are running it as well.
If these 2 will post there bib numbers, Ill add them.

joel_maxwell

Ok guys, Ill look at the program and get our official Meet N Greet instruction sheet out this week. Please check back for the most simple instructions in the world.

UPDATED:
Disney Runner - #1768
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - #5730
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199
PartOfYourWorld - Jess - #2963

DisneyRunner

I just checked, runDisney, to see if there was a link to the race program and noticed the final instruction pdf link is now MIA.:confused: The link previously posted still works.

fmingo36

I hope I got everyone.

UPDATED LIST:
Disney Runner -Lisa- #1768
Disney Runner Sister -Lori- #406
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - Becky- #5730
Fmingo36 – Coryna - #2674
Fmingo Hubby – Chris - #2673
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199
AUPr8Hd - Brian- #2984
derelicte - Darolyn - #7873
TiggerLuv18 - Ashley - #7872

MKCP 1985

In reviewing the final race instructions, "arriving by car," I see one very big and important difference in this new race as compared to the previous Tower of Terror race -- you have to park at the Wide World of Sports and take a shuttle to the start, as well as a shuttle back to your car at the end of the night. Wow, they've really made this a much bigger race. Previously, I drove up to the Disney/MGM Studios parking lot, then took a short walk to the entrance to the race. At the end of the night, I walked out of the park and back to my car and drove back to my hotel. I guess this is progress. :D

joel_maxwell

I hope I got everyone.

UPDATED LIST:
Disney Runner -Lisa- #1768
Disney Runner Sister -Lori- #406
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - Becky- #5730
Fmingo36 – Coryna - #2674
Fmingo Hubby – Chris - #2673
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199
AUPr8Hd - Brian- #2984
derelicte - Darolyn - #7873
TiggerLuv18 - Ashley - #7872
I think that is correct Coryna. 22 strong. Ill include these names and bib numbers in my MnG instructions sheet.
In reviewing the final race instructions, "arriving by car," I see one very big and important difference in this new race as compared to the previous Tower of Terror race -- you have to park at the Wide World of Sports and take a shuttle to the start, as well as a shuttle back to your car at the end of the night. Wow, they've really made this a much bigger race. Previously, I drove up to the Disney/MGM Studios parking lot, then took a short walk to the entrance to the race. At the end of the night, I walked out of the park and back to my car and drove back to my hotel. I guess this is progress. :D
Progress, It'll never work. ;)

UPDATE: Im going to wait 1 or 2 more days to release my instruction sheet with times and directions to the pre race MnG. It is not that difficult of a location, but I thought a visual would be nice. Ill post here for download (pdf) around Wednesday. Make sure you get that race number and name posted here ASAP.

dreamfinder

Your welcome. I got one email, a while back, providing links to some offers. The only offer I chose was the poster. Is there a hard copy of the race guide available at the expo?

Typically they have hard copies of the final instructions that you should get when you check in. Also they typically have boxes of the program scattered around. Some races I got them when I got my bag, others just while walking around. It has varied.

Texas84

Noticed that. Kind of a pain. Not enough parking at DHS or just easier access at WWoS?

MKCP 1985

Noticed that. Kind of a pain. Not enough parking at DHS or just easier access at WWoS?
I wondered if the park won't have cleared its parking lots before runners start arriving. No idea what park hours are for that Saturday night, but guessing there's a Fantasmic show that will keep some stragglers around long enough to pose a conflict.

fmingo36

I wondered if the park won't have cleared its parking lots before runners start arriving. No idea what park hours are for that Saturday night, but guessing there's a Fantasmic show that will keep some stragglers around long enough to pose a conflict.

The park is scheduled to close at 6:00PM and no Fantasmic.
My guess is by having everyone park at the WWoS complex it keeps the traffic away (other than race buses)from DHS and the area of Osceola Parkway where the first 4 miles of the race are.

joel_maxwell

The park is scheduled to close at 6:00PM and no Fantasmic.
My guess is by having everyone park at the WWoS complex it keeps the traffic away (other than race buses)from DHS and the area of Osceola Parkway where the first 4 miles of the race are.
And easier to get to our MnG!
No chance for those of us running the 5K earlier in the day to meet up with you guys??
I wont be on property till late in the afternoon. If you want, check back tomorrow or Wednesday and see the MnG location. Maybe you can make it over for that. If you guys want to arrange an earlier MnG for the 5K... please do so. I encourage you too.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Gosh, yeah, we've already got the 5K M&G together...well, at least a couple of us! We'll be meeting up at POFQ and either taking the bus over to WWOS together, or I'm gonna have my DH drive us over so we can sleep an extra few minutes! ;)

I'll absolutely check back for MnG location. You never know...:D

stevehousse

I just wish this villains bash was for the general public! Disney would bank on this of they did it 2 or 3 times during the Halloween season! I want this so bad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom