'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
How the heck did I miss that waivers/bib numbers were released??? Did you get an e-mail? I GOT NOTHING!!!

Anyways, most of you know me as fmingo36 but my name is Coryna (pronounced COR-REE-NA). I will be co-hosting the Meet & Greet with my buddy Joel_Maxwell.

My bib# is 2674
My hubby, Chris is 2673
And I registered myself first---so weird how they assign bib numbers!:confused:
I have no idea where we'll be in regards to corrals and I have found in the past that unless you have a low bib number (like Joel) where it's almost a guarentee for Corral A it's kinda of a crap shoot. I will say that if you have run a DIsney race and have an official Disney race time they probably are more likely to place you in a corral more accurately than someone's first race that has an estimated finish time.

I did see on the Disneyland 1/2 marathon thread that there was a website for corral placement. I'm going to see if it works for this race as well.

Looking forward to meeting all of you face-to-face.
28 Days till Race night!
I didnt get anything either. Nothing. Glad we have our forum. I need to guest packet pickup forms to be released. That is what Im stressed about.
Again...you know me so well! :p
That was indirectly directed at you, and only you. Ha!
Here is the link about corral placement (in regards to the Disneyland 1/2 marathon).

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/eww...-marathon/2012/2012-CorralAssignmentsDLHM.pdf

If I remember correctly from the only other night race I've done (the inaugeral W&D) the corrals did not go to G. I think it was A-E only. (Joel, can you back me up on this?)
I think you are correct. Not that many Corrals, but enough people that I couldnt see the end of the line from A around the corner. That means, a lot of people per corral.

joel_maxwell

Ill be proving in a bout a week, a nice printable sheet detailing the meet n greet. From our experience of Disney events and time allotted for things, Coryna and I discussed it and I think we are looking at a 8pm meet. Buses start at 7 (unconfirmed, just from experience) so that gives you an hour to get there, do bag check, get to the meet, chat, take a group photo, get to the potty and still have an hour to kill in your corral.

Sound good. Ill have a map to the meet location next week, you just cant be too detailed when dealing with this many people.

Texas84

Thanks to Coryna and Joel for getting this together. Looking forward to meeting all of you. If the DL list holds up I might be in B? I was in B for W&D last year which surprised me.

Kristia

Ill be proving in a bout a week, a nice printable sheet detailing the meet n greet. From our experience of Disney events and time allotted for things, Coryna and I discussed it and I think we are looking at a 8pm meet. Buses start at 7 (unconfirmed, just from experience) so that gives you an hour to get there, do bag check, get to the meet, chat, take a group photo, get to the potty and still have an hour to kill in your corral.

Sound good. Ill have a map to the meet location next week, you just cant be too detailed when dealing with this many people.
I hope we can get something like this together for the Marathon weekend! I so wanted to do the Tower of Terror, but funds won't allow 2 Disney races that close together!

a2grafix

Looks like I an in Corral C. I have never run any official race more than a 5K, so I could not provide a half-marathon or 10-mile time. Looking forward to the race nonetheless, regardless of the time I finish it in.

Katherine

Katherine #1362

So excited! I'm planning to be there for the whole after party, then going back to the hotel showering and then heading right back on to DME... it's going to be a wild ride!

lbrad

Totally agree with you.

You know I could be a much better athlete if I had money up the wazoo to spend on a personal trainer and had a nanny to watch my kids for hours so I could train. More emphasism should be put on the Everyday Joe that has to balance work, family, the budget, and lack of time (and has to deal with jerkies throwing trash at them or harassing them as they attempt to get a training run in:p ).
Those people are the true inspirations out there!

So true!!!
I can't tell you the # of times I have been "honked at; whistled at; & screamed/yelled at" *Sigh
Really ppl ... get a life & leave us alone to train :rolleyes:

joel_maxwell

Katherine #1362

So excited! I'm planning to be there for the whole after party, then going back to the hotel showering and then heading right back on to DME... it's going to be a wild ride!
I have 2 more days of WDW fun with my wife (sans kids), so I am going to head back afterwards by 12:30ish. That would be quite the adventure though... I havent pulled a true all nighter in quite some time.

fmingo36

I went to this site. It found mine & my sons BUT it did NOT find my husband :(
What should I do ??? I typed in his birthday and it was NOT found??

I found it with the INCORRECT birth year ... ugh ... always something

I would contact the RUNDISNEY people about that. He will have to show ID to pick up his race packet. I wouldn't want him to have issues with that.

fmingo36

Katherine #1362

Same with me. My flight out of MCO is at 9:00 AM on Sunday. Maybe we'll be on the bus together.

Katherine

Same with me. My flight out of MCO is at 9:00 AM on Sunday. Maybe we'll be on the bus together.

My flight is at 7:30 so i don't think we'll be on the same bus since it will be around 4:30 I'm guessing. Flight back to the West coast are always earlier than I'd like them to be... :( Not that leaving WDW is ever easy. See you at the meet and then again at the after party though!

Ps I like you signature quote... so true justifying trips to the parks when you've done all that running. it makes it okay to eat that second (or fourth) Mickey bar too!

Katherine

I have 2 more days of WDW fun with my wife (sans kids), so I am going to head back afterwards by 12:30ish. That would be quite the adventure though... I havent pulled a true all nighter in quite some time.

Yeah I live on the west coast so when I'm flying back it will feel like the middle of the night. Hoping that will help and that my legs won't be too achy from the run. I might invest in some compression socks to help, has anyone else done this when the fly? I think I read somewhere that they are suppose to help.

MKCP 1985

My bib number is 3199 - and I registered just before they reached capacity. My bib number for the last Tower of Terror race I ran (year 2 of 3) was 600 - quite a difference! But for that one, I registered early. Still, this race looks to be much more popular than the old 13K race.

Still not planning to make it to this race, but you never know. Surprised the official program is not posted, nor the final instructions which the site says should be posted approximately 1 month before the race . . . and we are inside 30 days!

AUPr8Hd

Yeah I live on the west coast so when I'm flying back it will feel like the middle of the night. Hoping that will help and that my legs won't be too achy from the run. I might invest in some compression socks to help, has anyone else done this when the fly? I think I read somewhere that they are suppose to help.

Compression socks and/or sleeves would be beneficial for the plane ride, especially that close to the finish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom