'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

Hannah1284

I think that is correct Coryna. 22 strong. Ill include these names and bib numbers in my MnG instructions sheet.
Progress, It'll never work. ;)

UPDATE: Im going to wait 1 or 2 more days to release my instruction sheet with times and directions to the pre race MnG. It is not that difficult of a location, but I thought a visual would be nice. Ill post here for download (pdf) around Wednesday. Make sure you get that race number and name posted here ASAP.

BTW - my two cousins are running with us, but I don't have their Bib numbers!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Texas84

Thanks for posting. Well, I guess I wont get a pin. They are sold out. DANG!

I recall after the W&D event, I hadnt purchased a commemorative pin and they had them available after the race. I guess I had that in mind again and didnt anticipate them selling out.

MnG map posted tonight!
I had to check. Yes, I did register for the pin! :D

MKCP 1985

I recall after the W&D event, I hadnt purchased a commemorative pin and they had them available after the race. I guess I had that in mind again and didnt anticipate them selling out.

MnG map posted tonight!

I wouldn't give up on the pin just yet. They always tell you to bring your id to pick up your pre-purchased gear (usually pins) and then have some for sale. I also looked to buy a pin at the expo for the inaugural wine and dine, ironically because I pre-purchased pins for the half marathon, for the expedition everest and the 13K Tower of Terror races only to see loads of them at the expo but at Wine and Dine, they had ordered fewer because they were sold out and I ended up buying a keychain instead. So, who knows until the expo?

joel_maxwell

Beat me to it! I was just about to post this.

So it looks like we'll be running through the Streets of America and according to WDWMagic home page, the Osbourne Family Spectacular of Lights should be up. I loved running through this during the W&D 1/2.
OMG. That is so cool. Im glad Im use to running with my iphone in my pack/waterbelt. Ill take some pics/video this time.

joel_maxwell

UPDATED LIST:
Disney Runner -Lisa- #1768
Disney Runner Sister -Lori- #406
Texas84 – Mark - #3369
Texas84 cousin – Brandi - #3440
Joel_Maxwell – Joel – #296
Fievel – Brad - #5729
Fievels Wife - Becky- #5730
RunninGator – Chris - #1132
Enchanted_belle – Courtney #8604
TowerofTerror – Joe - #4055
Blueliner – Chris Hawkins - #3698
Blueliner’s wife – Carrie Hawkins - #3697
Fmingo36 – Coryna - #2674
Fmingo Hubby – Chris - #2673
A2grafix – Tim - #6358
Katherine – Katherine - #1362
MKCP1985 – Doug - #3199
Hannah1284 – Hannah - #8707
Hannah1284 – Jon - #8728
PartOfYourWorld - Jess - #2963
AUPr8Hd - Brian- #2984
derelicte - Darolyn - #7873
TiggerLuv18 - Ashley - #7872
Julie - 9734
Jessie -6445

dreamfinder

Having looked at the Finish area map, that makes little to no sense. They are going to make the runners loop backstage and then out through the Fantasmic entrance? Gonna add another 1/2 mile to your distance right there. And then having to trek all the way to Indy to get your bag? Hope no one is bonking or chilling down rapidly and needs something from their bag ASAP. I'd say it will be at least 15-20 minutes from Finish to bag check.

MnG map posted tonight!

I wouldn't give up on the pin just yet. They always tell you to bring your id to pick up your pre-purchased gear (usually pins) and then have some for sale. I also looked to buy a pin at the expo for the inaugural wine and dine, ironically because I pre-purchased pins for the half marathon, for the expedition everest and the 13K Tower of Terror races only to see loads of them at the expo but at Wine and Dine, they had ordered fewer because they were sold out and I ended up buying a keychain instead. So, who knows until the expo?

Normally they do seem to have a fair amount of extras at the Expo. But I didn't recall seeing any for either the 5k or the half the other week at the DLR 1/2 expo, and seem to recall seeing less "extras" hanging around last January as well. They definitely seem to be dialing back the volume of merchandise they are ordering.

I know this is in here somewhere, but can someone tell me about getting a cab after the race?

Best bet will most likely be Mears. Put their number in your cell. If you are staying on property, your hotel may be able to help arrange something else, but Mears will be your best bet. The no guest drop off at DHS is interesting. I wonder if the same will apply at the end of the night? I can't imagine them keeping out cabs, but they may if the lot is closed. Worst case, I'd walk to the BW and get a cab there so you are waiting in civilization instead of at WWoS.

Hannah1284

Best bet will most likely be Mears. Put their number in your cell. If you are staying on property, your hotel may be able to help arrange something else, but Mears will be your best bet. The no guest drop off at DHS is interesting. I wonder if the same will apply at the end of the night? I can't imagine them keeping out cabs, but they may if the lot is closed. Worst case, I'd walk to the BW and get a cab there so you are waiting in civilization instead of at WWoS.[/quote]

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but I was being too lazy to page through all 28 pages of posts on here to find it!

joel_maxwell

Normally they do seem to have a fair amount of extras at the Expo. But I didn't recall seeing any for either the 5k or the half the other week at the DLR 1/2 expo, and seem to recall seeing less "extras" hanging around last January as well. They definitely seem to be dialing back the volume of merchandise they are ordering.
Can anyone recall how much the pins are? I think the W&D pin was $10. is that about right. Im about to mail some funds to my friend that is picking up my packet.

Ariel484

Can anyone recall how much the pins are? I think the W&D pin was $10. is that about right. Im about to mail some funds to my friend that is picking up my packet.

The marathon weekend pins were $12-$13 at registration, I think. And they had extras for sale at the 2012 marathon weekend expo. I hope you can get one!

joel_maxwell

We'll be there...11 days until we fly out!
NICE! Im t-minus 16 days.
The marathon weekend pins were $12-$13 at registration, I think. And they had extras for sale at the 2012 marathon weekend expo. I hope you can get one!
Thanks. I have my packet-picker-upper informed to look at the expo. Can we confirm these are the pins?
23181-12c57ee62d6da2e026ce1cfcef755e6e.jpg

Great job Joel!

As Joel had mentioned earlier we can give out a cell# or two in case anyone plans change, has a delay or gets lost.
THANKS. I love making things like this. Robbed a lot off the official prgram and tweaked it.

Ill email you mine. You never know, I might be the drunken 2am texter. ;)

Attachments

• 400006821898.jpg
    400006821898.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 37

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom