The top 10 fails of WDW

KRAKENvsMANTA

Disney's biggest fail is hands down their Fast Pass system. What a complete joke and waste of time! By offering Fast Pass to EVERYONE, doesn't that just increase the stand by wait times even more? YES it does. No common sense! The system is flawed and easily manipulated. I've witnessed stampedes when parks open just to grab Fast Passes. Disney's logic is to force people to manage their already hectic day at a park around Fast Pass times, in theory to cut down on the stand by wait times. Which completly fails!!! I feel Disney's Fast Pass system should be similar to what Universal's Express or Busch Gardens/Sea World's Quick Queue is; a premium front-of-the-line system that allows guests 1 use per ride, per day. Universal offers this free to resort guests, which Disney could do, and offers the Express to regular guests, but at a price. I'm suprised Disney hasn't already thought of this. Another way they could suck money out of you. But people do, and would pay. But not everyone buys the pass, which help keep stand by wait times down.

And one more thing: Disney having Fast Pass for character meet-and-greets is sad and pathetic.

Crockett

Banned
In my personal opinion, Maelstrom belongs nowhere near this list. Possibly one of the most underrated attractions on property, but definitely not in any fail category.

As for fails, I would pick the change that was made to the finale of Spaceship Earth. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. The finale of the Jeremy Irons version was extraordinary, inspiring, thought-provoking, and epic. But now with this most recent version, it's like playing one of those JibJab "Elf Yourself" video games while your vehicle makes its return to the station. Disney can do better, as the previous two versions of SSE showed us.

captainkidd

Disney's biggest fail is hands down their Fast Pass system. What a complete joke and waste of time! By offering Fast Pass to EVERYONE, doesn't that just increase the stand by wait times even more? YES it does. No common sense! The system is flawed and easily manipulated. I've witnessed stampedes when parks open just to grab Fast Passes. Disney's logic is to force people to manage their already hectic day at a park around Fast Pass times, in theory to cut down on the stand by wait times. Which completly fails!!! I feel Disney's Fast Pass system should be similar to what Universal's Express or Busch Gardens/Sea World's Quick Queue is; a premium front-of-the-line system that allows guests 1 use per ride, per day. Universal offers this free to resort guests, which Disney could do, and offers the Express to regular guests, but at a price. I'm suprised Disney hasn't already thought of this. Another way they could suck money out of you. But people do, and would pay. But not everyone buys the pass, which help keep stand by wait times down.

And one more thing: Disney having Fast Pass for character meet-and-greets is sad and pathetic.

As has been discussed, Disney has too many guests for the system to work as it does at Universal.

Fastpass is only a fail to those who don't know how to use it.

captainkidd

Mission Space should be #1. It's reported to have cost over 100 million dollars and rarely has a long wait. It's killed 2 people and alienates most of Epcot's demographic. Mission Space= Mission FAIL.

It didn't kill anybody. Existing medical conditions killed those people, along with ignorance for not listening to the warnings.

Jimmy Thick

I had always heard it as being like owned... but combined with another word that begins with a p that I cannot type on here...

Pwned is owned, it was easier to type pwn while you were playing in a trash talking kind of way, but that was over a decade ago, no one uses that term now without looking a noob, or nub, or nubsauce or noobz, those would be the new cool terms to use, not pwned, thats ancient.

Jimmy Thick-someone actually used the term pwned...lolz!!!

Fractal514

What I have learned from this thread.

People who need Free Dining to go to Disney for vacation have no business going there, because they are poor. Conversely, the resorts cost too much money, though that somehow has nothing to do with people using free dining to offset that cost.

DVC is a giant scam for those who don't understand it and want to break the laws of economics in order to make if more affordable. Also, anyone who purchases DVC (presumably for the cost over time benefit that offsets the cost of rising room rates) and decides to wear a shirt or hat showing that they are indeed members, is a show off braggart.

I have also learned that when someone makes a post, the comments that follow must only be exactly what the OP had in mind. Any derivation of the original train of thought, even if it is loosely tied to the original main idea, is considered off topic, and the OP, witch not only stands for Original Posters, but also Owner of all other Posts to follow, has the right to try and shut it down.

Lastly, I have learned that the biggest fail in this thread was someone trying to post a top ten list, discovering that he didn't actually have ten things to post, and then filling it with stuff that he himself has had to spend half the thread justifying and explaining.

Also, the origin of PWN is that it is short of Pawn, like I'm gonna beat you so bad you'll have to Pawn your jewelry to get some lessons in how not to suck so much so that I don't PWN you again in the future ;)

stratman50th

What I have learned from this thread.

People who need Free Dining to go to Disney for vacation have no business going there, because they are poor. Conversely, the resorts cost too much money, though that somehow has nothing to do with people using free dining to offset that cost.

DVC is a giant scam for those who don't understand it and want to break the laws of economics in order to make if more affordable. Also, anyone who purchases DVC (presumably for the cost over time benefit that offsets the cost of rising room rates) and decides to wear a shirt or hat showing that they are indeed members, is a show off braggart.

I have also learned that when someone makes a post, the comments that follow must only be exactly what the OP had in mind. Any derivation of the original train of thought, even if it is loosely tied to the original main idea, is considered off topic, and the OP, witch not only stands for Original Posters, but also Owner of all other Posts to follow, has the right to try and shut it down.

Lastly, I have learned that the biggest fail in this thread was someone trying to post a top ten list, discovering that he didn't actually have ten things to post, and then filling it with stuff that he himself has had to spend half the thread justifying and explaining.

Also, the origin of PWN is that it is short of Pawn, like I'm gonna beat you so bad you'll have to Pawn your jewelry to get some lessons in how not to suck so much so that I don't PWN you again in the future ;)
That about covers it, except pwned is actually a misspelling of owned. The "p" being right next to the "o" on the keyboard it was frequently struck by mistake. It was a common typo when as Jimmy stated people playing the early on line games were keyed up and typing quickly. When you "owned" someone, you had just beat the snot out of them in some fashion. Typo that with the p you get pwned, which took on a life of it's pwn. :D

Spike-in-Berlin

I only dislike attractions that harm the experience of the parks by either spoiling the theming and immersive quality, by using up space that could be used in a much better way or by spoiling a once classic ride by unnecessary "plussing" or "relaunch".

An example for the first kind is the entire Flying Carpets and Aladdin section of Adventureland, the worst imagineering ever, creates congestions, spoils the theming of the area by cultural overkill and is just plain annoying.

An example for the second is the TL Speedway, terribly outdated, noisy and smelly and nothing "futuristic" at all. What is "tomorrowlandish" about mini-cars that circle around a nearly unthemed, absolutely boring track with a speed of what? Three miles per hour or was it six? The worst MK attraction if you take into consideration what a huge area this is and how much better it could be used.

An example for the third is Tiki Room under "new management", a plussing that made fun of the original show by totally destroying the entire atmosphere of what was once the most tiki location worldwide.

I do not understand how people can get so angry about a little nothing like "Prince Caspian", it doesn't use up any precious area, it's doesn't spoil a classic and it's not influencing the surrounding park area in a negative way. And it is a nice photo spot, because if you are a fan of the movies you can take pictures in front of Aslans table, quite a picture if you are a Narnia-Fan.

captainkidd

People who need Free Dining to go to Disney for vacation have no business going there, because they are poor.

If you need free dining to go to Disney, then no, you shouldn't be going.

What I've learned from this thread is people read what they want to read and ignore the rest.

Fractal514

If you need free dining to go to Disney, then no, you shouldn't be going.

What I've learned from this thread is people read what they want to read and ignore the rest.

Right, like reading the part where they explain what they mean by the Free Dining slam, but still are unable to explain why it isn't ok to whine about the lack of free dining, but it is apparently ok to whine that the cost of the resorts is too high.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
128815764898253605.jpg

Spike-in-Berlin

I already said it once and I repeat it. Anyone who is against Fastpass either doesn't know how it works or doesn't understand it or has no idea how it was before they introduced it. We already had discussions here, where it became quite clear that there are some people who just don't get it.
The Fastpass is the GREATEST INVENTION in the history of the Disney parks. The FP made it possible to do even the rides without waiting, that normaly would cost you an hour or more of waiting time. I had no wait of more than 20 minutes (very, very few) during my last trip.
You say it's manipulated. Where? You say it fails. Why? You say it lengthens standby. So why don't you use it?
If you don't use them, if you want to do standby for any reasons whatsoever it's your own fault!

captainkidd

Right, like reading the part where they explain what they mean by the Free Dining slam, but still are unable to explain why it isn't ok to whine about the lack of free dining, but it is apparently ok to whine that the cost of the resorts is too high.

I have no clue what you're talking about "lack of free dining". What I said, for I believe the 4th time now, is that on another board there are people complaining that if they don't get free dining, they can not go to Disney.

What does that have to do with my opinion that the resort costs are too high? I'm not complaining that I won't go to Disney because of the costs. I'm just voicing my opinion that they're getting crazy with resort pricing. I don't need them to lower the price in order to go. If that time comes, then so be it.

WDWLOYAL1971

This thread appears to be about a bunch of Disney haters than fans. If you don't like it, then don't go. Less crowds for the true Disney fans. PERIOD!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom