The top 10 fails of WDW

NewfieFan

How so? The "Villas" resorts also don't have separate transportation. :confused:

That is true, I was more comparing it to AKV which do have their own bus stop. Someone had brought up the price of dues of a new DVC and I was comparing the starting dues of BLT and AKV. I should have been more clear in my post.

But shhhhhh we're not allowed discussing DVC in this thread... :lookaroun

thewhitequeen

This I don't get!?! You're basically saying that if you can't afford full price don't bother going to Disney. Free dining is the same as, room discounts, AP discounts, ticket upgrades, kids stay free, etc.... it's a discount. Why wouldn't anyone take advantage of a discount if it's offered!?! I would venture to say that most of us on this board take advantage of some offer in some way when we travel to Disney. I know I was always on the hunt for free dining or room discounts... whatever worked out better for me at the time.

Also, concerning the dues debate we have going here. Just to give you example of how they work... some resorts have cheaper dues than others. The beautiful, brand new BLT has lower dues b/c it shares a lot of it's amenities/services with the Contemporary.

I don't want to speak for Kidd, but I think what he's trying to say or means is that with the free dining promotions Disney created a cult mentality of "if Disney doesn't give me something FREE (whether it's marketing trickery or not), I'm not going and they will throw temper tantrums online." (not on this board...another one that some here read). I've been during free dining and some of the guests aren't a pretty sight.

If you need to scrape together $100 to afford tips at restaurants and carry it around in a plastic baggie to ration it out, you may want to consider waiting on the Disney trip until you have enough money to go. Common sense goes out the window with some, unfortuately. Budgeting is a good thing, but going to Disney (or any destination for that matter) without a penny in the bank isn't a good idea. This all goes back to the entitlement mentality I mentioned earlier. This not only affects the staff that work there (underpaid and overworked), but it affects the other guests who actually have the means to vacation.

And again, if you haven't been going to Disney since the 80's you won't notice the difference, but there definately has been a decline in food and I think it's becase of the free dining promotions.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
To some people the DVC is a FAIL.

It's not a show/ride/attraction at WDW! Get back on topic. This thread is about failed rides, shows, other theme park attractions at WDW.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

thewhitequeen

I don't have an opinion either way on DVC, but I do find it comical when someone introduces themselves as "I'm DVC." Most people, even those who vacation in Disney sometimes, don't know what that means. :lol:

jakeman

I don't think DVC has to be an us versus them mentality that seems to be developing (not really by anyone in this thread).

It really either works or it doesn't. Not buying DVC doesn't mean you like Disney less. Nor does buying DVC make you a better class of guest.

Regardless of what people want you to believe, it's not taking money away from the park anymore than DCL or other resorts around the world are.

thewhitequeen

I don't think DVC has to be an us versus them mentality that seems to be developing (not really by anyone in this thread).

It really either works or it doesn't. Not buying DVC doesn't mean you like Disney less. Nor does buying DVC make you a better class of guest.

Regardless of what people want you to believe, it's not taking money away from the park anymore than DCL or other resorts around the world are.

I agree with you here, though I think it lines pockets more than anything, but Disney is a business not a charity. Buying a timeshare is a personal decision like buying a house or a car. There is a snob factor with people who buy elaborate homes or cars, just like there is with some people who buy DVC.

captainkidd

Nor does buying DVC make you a better class of guest.

There are definitely some DVCers that feel as though they are a higher class of guest and they have more right to the parks and resorts as they "own a piece of the magic".

I know this will anger some, but I never understood the appeal of wearing a DVC hat or shirt unless you're trying to show off. I'm sure some do it and don't think twice about it, but I'm sure there are also some that do it as a way of showing their status. It's sort of like listing the resorts you've stayed at in your signature or your upcoming trip. I do that, but there are some that add in they are staying Club Level. If you read the DIS, you know who I'm talking about.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I know this will anger some, but I never understood the appeal of wearing a DVC hat or shirt unless you're trying to show off.

The hats are free, not exactly a status symbol. But by logical extension isnt the wearing of a resort t-shirt also making such a statement? Obviously being something of a label I wouldnt know but I thought the poor people would be able to confirm.

captainkidd

The hats are free, not exactly a status symbol. But by logical extension isnt the wearing of a resort t-shirt also making such a statement? Obviously being something of a label I wouldnt know but I thought the poor people would be able to confirm.

Good point. I love the All Star Resorts and wear shirts from there. I guess I'm pointing out my poorness.:lol:

Phonedave

Which is also a gimmick as you do not own property and are not a Florida property owner as Disney still retains all property rights, and cannot claim Florida residency.

It is just like leasing a condo.

You don't own it. You lease it.

I lease my condo. I pay monthly fees. Part of those fees that I pay to the actual owner are used for property taxes.

I write part of my lease payments off on my taxes

I write off the portion of my DVC dues that go toward property taxes.

It's all the same. It's not a scam, it is how property, leasing, and timeshares work - everywhere.

-dave

captainkidd

They don't print value resorts shirts anymore. The po fo get generic "disney parks" junk. :lol: At least this is what I'm told, I only stay deluxe. :p

I miss those. I loved staying there. We only stay at the monorail resorts now simply because with 3 kids, I'd end up in an insane asylum trying to bus it for 2 weeks at Disney with my demons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom