The top 10 fails of WDW

Phonedave

There are definitely some DVCers that feel as though they are a higher class of guest and they have more right to the parks and resorts as they "own a piece of the magic".

I know this will anger some, but I never understood the appeal of wearing a DVC hat or shirt unless you're trying to show off. I'm sure some do it and don't think twice about it, but I'm sure there are also some that do it as a way of showing their status. It's sort of like listing the resorts you've stayed at in your signature or your upcoming trip. I do that, but there are some that add in they are staying Club Level. If you read the DIS, you know who I'm talking about.

I'll agree with you on that one.

I have a bunch of DVC stuff - all free. About the only thing I use is the canvas tote bag, because it is useful. We take it to the pool.

Oh, and I use the luggage tags too, because again, they are useful and free.

But then thats pretty much my stand on most branded merchandise. Unless it is free, or it is something that a really support (or a sport team :) ) I am not buying it. I am proud to say, that even though I go to WDW 3-4 times a year, I have NEVER bought a shirt there since I was a kid.

-dave

njDizFan

I don't get it. If you are being offered free dining, doesn't that mean you are paying rack rate for your resort.

Just like when you go to a store and everything is 40% off. Chances are the original retail price was marked up to show a perceived savings.

stratman50th

This is getting kind of fun.
This is one of the most schizophrenic threads I've followed since joining! It's like watching my Uncle Harvey, you just never know where he's going to go next! :sohappy:

inluvwithbeast

I don't get it. If you are being offered free dining, doesn't that mean you are paying rack rate for your resort.

Just like when you go to a store and everything is 40% off. Chances are the original retail price was marked up to show a perceived savings.

This usually doesn't quite happen that way in retail. Items that were on sale before the store wide discount will be marked back up to their full original price, but things that weren't on clearance before hand stay the same price.

Where retail (and WDW) get people is that when folks know they're getting a deal, they tend to spend more and buy more items than they would on a normal day. So you get free dining, you stay a lot longer and buy more stuff. In my store, our average dollar amount per sale AND our units per sale AND our net sales on the day AND our traffic conversion are all through the roof when we have a store wide sale like that. People love to get a deal. So much so they spend more money and buy more things.

goofntink

:rolleyes:

I'd say it's a safe bet, if it wasn't for the hiring of Eisner as CEO, we wouldn't be having this discussion as this board may very well not have ever existed.

Not liking the guy is one thing. Being oblivious to all the good he did for the company is another.

Trust me I am not oblivious to the good he did,but my reason for the ways he went about about.

ChristianG

I actually don't mind the ride in Mexico. It's a nice ride for when you wait for your table to be ready! They're obviously NOT going to put a rollercoaster in the restaurant. It was a nice idea. Yes, they could have developed it better, but it's not supposed to be an iconic ride... so why must it be the best ride at Disney?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I actually don't mind the ride in Mexico. It's a nice ride for when you wait for your table to be ready! They're obviously NOT going to put a rollercoaster in the restaurant. It was a nice idea. Yes, they could have developed it better, but it's not supposed to be an iconic ride... so why must it be the best ride at Disney?

1. Thank you for posting on the topic.
2. I have nothing against the ride.
3. How would a roller coaster fit in the Mexico Pavilion... (I guess the same way Soarin' fits in The Land pavilion)
4. Not saying it has to be the best ride at WDW, it's certainly not the worst. It could be touched up a bit, or have a new theme to the ride.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

jakeman

There are definitely some DVCers that feel as though they are a higher class of guest and they have more right to the parks and resorts as they "own a piece of the magic".
That is true, but people try and stratify themselves in all sorts of silly ways, even at Disney.

Even some fans look down at regular tourist as filthy masses that don't understand the great gift of WDW that has been bequeathed to them. :lol:

alawrence

I love the Maelstrom ride. We go on it several times per trip. I agree that if there is always a line to get on... It can not qualify as a fail. :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A particularly don't like you. :)

Come on guys get back on topic or find another thread to talk about DVC.

I really don't care. There are several people I don't particularly care for either but continue to be civil since this is an open forum.

Just because you start a thread, it doesn't make it "belong" to you.

Have a "Magical" day.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I love the Maelstrom ride. We go on it several times per trip. I agree that if there is always a line to get on... It can not qualify as a fail. :wave:

Alright guys, I'll replace it! :)

- WondersOfLife

redshoesrock

4. Not saying it has to be the best ride at WDW, it's certainly not the worst. It could be touched up a bit, or have a new theme to the ride.

Well, since they just did that update a few years ago...I'd say there won't be any touching up or re-theming anytime soon.

It's...alright I guess. Small World-South of the Border. It's a ride in a World Showcase that needs a few more rides, IMHO.

Jimmy Thick

The biggest fail in Disney World history in my opinion is the original Epcot Center that was released to the public, as Disney must have agreed because it simply not the same park. The idea of a park where people can have a learning experience and have fun is just not something the public is interested in, people want to just have fun.

And the word pwn came from Doom players in the early days of deathmatches, when we killed someone we pwned them.

Jimmy Thick- its the singer not the song...

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well, since they just did that update a few years ago...I'd say there won't be any touching up or re-theming anytime soon.

It's...alright I guess. Small World-South of the Border. It's a ride in a World Showcase that needs a few more rides, IMHO.

True. Once Disney changes a ride, it's usually not supposed to change until about 5 - 15 years later whether it's good or bad.

Such as SGE, ETRUNM, and SD.. luckily SD is in seasonal operation.

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
The biggest fail in Disney World history in my opinion is the original Epcot Center that was released to the public, as Disney must have agreed because it simply not the same park. The idea of a park where people can have a learning experience and have fun is just not something the public is interested in, people want to just have fun....[/I]

I'm pretty sure about 85% of the people on WDWMagic forums will disagree with you (including me about 50%). EPCOT did have some good things. World of Motion had comedy. The Living Seas had.. fish :lookaroun, Spaceship Earth was 70% the same, Communicore is kind of the same with updated technology, Journey into Imagination was a normal dark ride, Captain EO/Magic Journeys for the 3D film lovers, when Wonders of Life opened it had a thrill ride 3 comedy attractions and a movie based on ______. The flaw was probably Universe of Energy.

But it's probably a bit tougher to compete with that last part you added in.

- WondersOfLife

dr_teeth90210

Mission Space should be #1. It's reported to have cost over 100 million dollars and rarely has a long wait. It's killed 2 people and alienates most of Epcot's demographic. Mission Space= Mission FAIL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom