The top 10 fails of WDW

thewhitequeen

I don't think the discounted resort prices are all that bad.

While I personally can't stand the free dining promotion, it wasn't a Disney fail.

I don't care for DVC and don't buy into the timeshare thing, but it was definately not a fail for Disney. Quite the opposite. They essentially rented their rooms out for 60 years and tacked on dues for people to pay. From what I've heard and read, the dues for some aren't worth it and DVC has slowly taken benefits away from people who bought in. Perhaps a fail for the people who bought in, but certainly not for Disney co.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
We love Malestrom.

I'm agreeing with everyone that 99% of the people here on the boards probably love Maelstrom... you have to agree that it's a little outdated on AA's and short..and doesn't even make sense.. lol!

I think Maelstrom would make a great movie!

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

thewhitequeen

I'm agreeing with everyone that 99% of the people here on the boards probably love Maelstrom... you have to agree that it's a little outdated on AA's and short..and doesn't even make sense.. lol!

I think Maelstrom would make a great movie!

It is outdated but many of the rides are. It may have been another board but someone made a similar comment about the Jungle Cruise and people went nutso!! :lol:

Phonedave

I think Maelstrom would make a great movie
!

You like movies that don't make sense ?

-dave

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
You like movies that don't make sense ?

-dave

Considering I kind of like The Haunted Mansion and The Country Bears... I guess so :)

Taking off the polar bear and oil rig scene... Disney could actually make a good PIXAR Troll movie about some trolls terrorizing a city, then a group of vikings decide to fight back and trespass into the Troll terratory and they all disappear one by one, they end up on a deserted island and live there for a couple of weeks, then make a huge viking ship and go back to troll island and when they get there they realize that they had been disapeared for many years and the troll ruler (obviously the tree troll thing) has gotten old and no longer has the power to make enemies disapear but they still have an army so they fight, but instead of fighting the vikings run away from each troll and lead them into booby traps and finally put the leader in some kind of floating wooden box and casts him out at seas and they free the trolls and they become good and live with the vikings! :D

- WondersOfLife

captainkidd

Put me down as someone who loves Maelstrom. It makes perfect sense. It's just a 5 minute trip through what Norway is known for.

Saoirse1916

Totally agree on Stich's Great Escape, but Universe of Energy? I loved that ride as a kid and it was one of the main things I was looking forward to. Ellen ruined it, and I actually kinda like Ellen in other things.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Totally agree on Stich's Great Escape, but Universe of Energy? I loved that ride as a kid and it was one of the main things I was looking forward to. Ellen ruined it, and I actually kinda like Ellen in other things.

...as I said before, last few numbers are listed because I ran out of Ideas! :brick::hammer::hurl::dazzle:

- WondersOfLife

erasure fan1

I think the biggest fail of all was missed, Dole whips!!!!:lookaroun

**ducks and runs for his life!**

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:lol:

MansionGoer13z

I think that DHS should cycle out attractions like they do in museums. Like for instance, they should've replaced Narnia: Prince Caspian with a Tron: Legacy. Then once that ran its course replace it with a new exhibit. Do this say every 6-9 months and everything stays fresh. Why Disney think why a Prince Caspian Promo needs to stay in place for X number of years is quite baffling.

goofntink

Wow,my top 10 list would be exactly the same except for one thing.In mine for a tie for 1st place would have to add. Hiring of Eisner for CEO.

wvdisneyfamily

Here's my list:

10. DVC - Could be so much better than it is. Lower the dues and give me housekeeping, and we'll talk.

Super agree to that.

9. Epcot Resort Transportation - Why in the world do 5 Deluxe Resorts share 1 bus?
This is why I will NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in an Epcot resort for a long period of time.

8. Stitch - No need to beat a dead horse. It sucks, we all know it, move on.

:brick:

7. Universe Of Energy - The most boring attraction at WDW.

It could be better.

6. Removal of classic rides at Epcot (Horizons, World of Motion).

Agreed.

5. Free Dining - Not so much a fail for the company, as a fail for the consumer looking to eat at some of the sit-down restaurants. If you can't afford to eat on vacation, don't go.

4. Downtown Disney - Where to start? Removal of Pleasure Island? Virgin? Starabillias? What was once a beautiful nighttime attraction, has become an afterthought.

3. Great Movie Ride - Good God, can you change the script already?

2. Prince Caspian - This "attraction" is so bad, I almost hate to waste space on any list talking about it. Why is this still open?

1. Disney Resort Rates - They've gotten out of control. Even the moderates are getting too pricey for what they offer.

Absolutely 100% agree - this economy is not strong enough to support the current resort prices for long. Gas is almost $4 a gallon here at home. People are going to have to make some tough financial choices that may put on-property vacations on the chopping block.

Some great points.

MMFanCipher

<Quote />
Considering I kind of like The Haunted Mansion and The Country Bears... I guess so

Taking off the polar bear and oil rig scene... Disney could actually make a good PIXAR Troll movie about some trolls terrorizing a city, then a group of vikings decide to fight back and trespass into the Troll terratory and they all disappear one by one, they end up on a deserted island and live there for a couple of weeks, then make a huge viking ship and go back to troll island and when they get there they realize that they had been disapeared for many years and the troll ruler (obviously the tree troll thing) has gotten old and no longer has the power to make enemies disapear but they still have an army so they fight, but instead of fighting the vikings run away from each troll and lead them into booby traps and finally put the leader in some kind of floating wooden box and casts him out at seas and they free the trolls and they become good and live with the vikings!
</ Quote>

kind of sounds like "How To Train Your Dragon".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom