The top 10 fails of WDW

draybook

I'm trying to figure out how getting Free Dining means you can't afford to eat on vacation?

If Disney is going to offer it, why would I not take advantage of it? Heck, I even paid the difference to upgrade to table service.

captainkidd

I'm trying to figure out how getting Free Dining means you can't afford to eat on vacation?

If Disney is going to offer it, why would I not take advantage of it? Heck, I even paid the difference to upgrade to table service.

There are lots of people (not so much here, but on other boards) who constantly post about how if Free Dining isn't offered, they'll have to cancel vacation.

captainkidd

Wow,my top 10 list would be exactly the same except for one thing.In mine for a tie for 1st place would have to add. Hiring of Eisner for CEO.

:rolleyes:

I'd say it's a safe bet, if it wasn't for the hiring of Eisner as CEO, we wouldn't be having this discussion as this board may very well not have ever existed.

Not liking the guy is one thing. Being oblivious to all the good he did for the company is another.

juniorthomas

Maelstrom has its charm. I dont think anyone would need to ride it more than once though, so good call.

Sounds Dangerous, as I've discussed before, is without a doubt a large waste of space. That they haven't even bothered to updated the ABC 1996 branding/signage speaks volumes.

ddbowdoin

There are lots of people (not so much here, but on other boards) who constantly post about how if Free Dining isn't offered, they'll have to cancel vacation.

which is kind of stupid... there are so many ways to cheap it out. My fiance and I went May of 2010 and we spent pennies on food. Upon landing in Orlando we went straight to a Publix

1.) bread (cheap)
2.) PB and J (cheap)
3.) Boars Head Deli Meats (not cheap, but not breaking the bank)

snacks in our bags from home + our own water bottles

We spent about 40 bucks on food for the whole week! Did it suck? Sure at times... but we avoided overpriced food that isnt that great in the parks

Edeyore

I think that DHS should cycle out attractions like they do in museums. Like for instance, they should've replaced Narnia: Prince Caspian with a Tron: Legacy. Then once that ran its course replace it with a new exhibit. Do this say every 6-9 months and everything stays fresh. Why Disney think why a Prince Caspian Promo needs to stay in place for X number of years is quite baffling.

It is the girls! They like the Prince Caspian.

thewhitequeen

Perhaps this should be another thread, but wasn't Disney Cruise Line launched under Eisner? I don't admit to knowing much about the management of each division of Disney but DCL was a phenomenal addition regardless.

It could be the timing of the economy but it seems to me when Eisner left the company, things started going downhill. If you haven't been vacationing at Disney since the 70's or 80's you probably won't see the differences.

NewfieFan

Here's my list:

10. DVC - Could be so much better than it is. Lower the dues and give me housekeeping, and we'll talk.

9. Epcot Resort Transportation - Why in the world do 5 Deluxe Resorts share 1 bus?

8. Stitch - No need to beat a dead horse. It sucks, we all know it, move on.

7. Universe Of Energy - The most boring attraction at WDW.

6. Removal of classic rides at Epcot (Horizons, World of Motion).

5. Free Dining - Not so much a fail for the company, as a fail for the consumer looking to eat at some of the sit-down restaurants. If you can't afford to eat on vacation, don't go.

4. Downtown Disney - Where to start? Removal of Pleasure Island? Virgin? Starabillias? What was once a beautiful nighttime attraction, has become an afterthought.

3. Great Movie Ride - Good God, can you change the script already?

2. Prince Caspian - This "attraction" is so bad, I almost hate to waste space on any list talking about it. Why is this still open?

1. Disney Resort Rates - They've gotten out of control. Even the moderates are getting too pricey for what they offer.

This I don't get!?! You're basically saying that if you can't afford full price don't bother going to Disney. Free dining is the same as, room discounts, AP discounts, ticket upgrades, kids stay free, etc.... it's a discount. Why wouldn't anyone take advantage of a discount if it's offered!?! I would venture to say that most of us on this board take advantage of some offer in some way when we travel to Disney. I know I was always on the hunt for free dining or room discounts... whatever worked out better for me at the time.

Also, concerning the dues debate we have going here. Just to give you example of how they work... some resorts have cheaper dues than others. The beautiful, brand new BLT has lower dues b/c it shares a lot of it's amenities/services with the Contemporary.

DVC Dues

Also not mentioned in earlier posts about dues, is that a portion of dues also goes to pay for your property taxes to the County in which WDW resides. Since a timeshare is an ownership of realty, you do owe property taxes to a county and Disney takes care of that through the dues.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DVC Dues

Also not mentioned in earlier posts about dues, is that a portion of dues also goes to pay for your property taxes to the County in which WDW resides. Since a timeshare is an ownership of realty, you do owe property taxes to a county and Disney takes care of that through the dues.

Which is also a gimmick as you do not own property and are not a Florida property owner as Disney still retains all property rights, and cannot claim Florida residency.

Monorail Lime

Also, concerning the dues debate we have going here. Just to give you example of how they work... some resorts have cheaper dues than others. The beautiful, brand new BLT has lower dues b/c it shares a lot of it's amenities/services with the Contemporary.
BLT dues are low because it is new. Dues go up each year. Just a little, but it adds up over time.

Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, and Wilderness Lodge Villas also share front desk and services with their non-DVC parts yet they have higher dues than Saratoga and OKW, the dedicated DVC resorts. Every resort is a unique situation in operating and maintenance costs.

captainkidd

This I don't get!?! You're basically saying that if you can't afford full price don't bother going to Disney. Free dining is the same as, room discounts, AP discounts, ticket upgrades, kids stay free, etc.... it's a discount. Why wouldn't anyone take advantage of a discount if it's offered!?! I would venture to say that most of us on this board take advantage of some offer in some way when we travel to Disney. I know I was always on the hunt for free dining or room discounts... whatever worked out better for me at the time.

As I said in an earlier post, it was directed more towards another Disney message board. There are posters there who claim if free dining doesn't come out, they'll have to cancel. My point is, if you're that hard up, you shouldn't be spending money on a vacation.

We all want discounts. Lord knows, I've been looking for ways to save money, and even thought of not going simply based on principle. But if it comes down to not being able to afford a vacation without some sort of discount, it seems to me your priorities are a bit out of whack if you're trying to take a trip to Disney.

Which is also a gimmick as you do not own property and are not a Florida property owner as Disney still retains all property rights, and cannot claim Florida residency.

Actually, dvc members do own property. I have family members who DVC members and they have a deed to property.

NewfieFan

BLT dues are low because it is new. Dues go up each year. Just a little, but it adds up over time.

Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, and Wilderness Lodge Villas also share front desk and services with their non-DVC parts yet they have higher dues than Saratoga and OKW, the dedicated DVC resorts. Every resort is a unique situation in operating and maintenance costs.

It has nothing to do with the fact it is new. Dues are based on this year's operating costs and I'm sure they will go up accordingly as well as the other DVC resorts. AKV had more expensive dues as soon as they went on the market (due to the savanna I'm sure). The fact BLT doesn't have seperate transportation is a big money saver apparently. But you're exactly right with your last statement which supports what I said, "every resort is a unique situation in operating and maintenance costs"!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Yeah, I doubt they'd extend it either. But there's plenty of room to revamp it and make it an actual ride. Come on WDI!

FINALLY! Somebody who understand what I am trying to say!! With that said, they could surely use the polar bear scene, village scene, and oil rig scene for some new troll scenes... with the stops and some talking like the trolls already have.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom