The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

clemmo

I don't think anyone would be even remotely disappointed by this or what's in the works for DAK after AVATAR.
I have seen on the united orlando boards that there is a new project being looked at in dinoland. The claimed the current idea is south america, but again not sure if that is from a good source or not. As for DHS its good to hear a third land is still in the works.

Next Big Thing

lol, is there a way we can fix some things so I can see this thread while simultaneously ignoring the person that started it? I check this sub-forum daily and the only reason I found out about this thread was because it showed under the most recent post when in the main WDW N&R Forum.

PorterRedkey

lol, is there a way we can fix some things so I can see this thread while simultaneously ignoring the person that started it? I check this sub-forum daily and the only reason I found out about this thread was because it showed under the most recent post when in the main WDW N&R Forum.

The OP starts a thread every-other-day so you are probably not seeing more threads than this one. Whether you would want to see them is another thing all-together.

HauntedMansionFLA

Now that Phase 3 is still on the table, I'm waiting for Pam to say, " See, they are building CarsLand"

deere839

I think the single IP is great for a land but I don't think every IP deserves it. I think with having two in the spark adding another would be overkill when there are so many good IP that can be used right in a properly designed land. Putting Incredibles, Indy, Big Hero 6 in a land would work as an example... Neither deserve an entire land but they could be great rides!!
I feel Indy and Incridibles deserve a entire land I dont like when IPs are in the same area it just feels weird.I want to be immersed in a single ip at a time

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I feel Indy and Incridibles deserve a entire land I dont like when IPs are in the same area it just feels weird.I want to be immersed in a single ip at a time
Indy and Incredibles would be hard to blend together. I do think they could do a Pixar themed land with several different Pixar IPs. Sorta like a Pixar version of Fantasyland.

Jason Lake

Not sure if this is the right area for this..... but hear me out.

With the amount of chatter about the retheming of DCA Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy, it is probably inevitable that Florida will get the same treatment.

Now add that with DHS always wanting to re-theme Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, the new theater behind RRC and the financial troubles with China.

Disney now gets a Marvel-themed area on the CHEAP; that will just happen to fit in with the rest of the new additions.

I hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling this is how things are going to play out, if not sooner then later...

SCOTLORR

Not sure if this is the right area for this..... but hear me out.

With the amount of chatter about the retheming of DCA Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy, it is probably inevitable that Florida will get the same treatment.

Now add that with DHS always wanting to re-theme Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, the new theater behind RRC and the financial troubles with China.

Disney now gets a Marvel-themed area on the CHEAP; that will just happen to fit in with the rest of the new additions.

I hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling this is how things are going to play out, if not sooner then later...
WDW is so restricted on Marvel properties that they can actually use, that this likely will not be the case. Say they do in fact re-theme ToT to GoTG. What's next after that? there isn't one more Marvel property that disney can legally use on the east coast. At that point, you have a superhero ride and an outdated rock band ride (I love Aerosmith but this is what they are now) surrounded by shops themed to golden-era hollywood. It just wouldn't be smart to do this. If they want to fit GoTG in so bad, do it in star tours or even RnRc, where they could connect around the back to animation courtyard. Even Disney isn't dumb enough to ruin a perfectly fine land like Sunset Blvd by doing this, that's why I don't buy the GoTG-to-ToT rumor at all. At least at DHS.

Jason Lake

WDW is so restricted on Marvel properties that they can actually use, that this likely will not be the case. Say they do in fact re-theme ToT to GoTG. What's next after that? there isn't one more Marvel property that disney can legally use on the east coast. At that point, you have a superhero ride and an outdated rock band ride (I love Aerosmith but this is what they are now) surrounded by shops themed to golden-era hollywood. It just wouldn't be smart to do this. If they want to fit GoTG in so bad, do it in star tours or even RnRc, where they could connect around the back to animation courtyard. Even Disney isn't dumb enough to ruin a perfectly fine land like Sunset Blvd by doing this, that's why I don't buy the GoTG-to-ToT rumor at all. At least at DHS.

How about this... Star Land opens in 3 years.

RRC opened in 1999 and in 3 years will mark its 20 year anniversary. 20 years seems like the appropriate length of a contract for Aerosmith.

The more I think about it, the more it makes since.

That is why Disney also did Guardians so they could add it to the park. The comic was pretty obscure and had a short life span.

SCOTLORR

How about this... Star Land opens in 3 years.

RRC opened in 1999 and in 3 years will mark its 20 year anniversary. 20 years seems like the appropriate length of a contract for Aerosmith.

The more I think about it, the more it makes since.

That is why Disney also did Guardians so they could add it to the park. The comic was pretty obscure and had a short life span.
Makes some sense, but it depends on the timing. If the rumors of the Guardians appearing in the new Avengers movie opening in 2018 are true, the GoTG characters will be locked into the contract with Uni and will therefore be unusable by Disney for parks on the east coast. I'm not sure how definite the rumor of these characters appearing in Infinity War is, but if it's true, it gives Disney an extremely small time table to act, really just between now and 2018. Of course, only if the rumors are true.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Makes some sense, but it depends on the timing. If the rumors of the Guardians appearing in the new Avengers movie opening in 2018 are true, the GoTG characters will be locked into the contract with Uni and will therefore be unusable by Disney for parks on the east coast. I'm not sure how definite the rumor of these characters appearing in Infinity War is, but if it's true, it gives Disney an extremely small time table to act, really just between now and 2018. Of course, only if the rumors are true.

I don't want to turn this into another Marvel contract debate, but this isn't necessarily true.

deere839

with the entrance being moved big time it looks like phase 3-8 probably could be on the other side of the old entrance wat

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom