The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

insaneshadow

I don't think anyone would be even remotely disappointed by this or what's in the works for DAK after AVATAR.

I... What if I told you that you didn't have to be a Mansion Butler anymore. But an owner of a mansion.

*slides mystery box towards you that might be full of money maybe perhaps*

*whispers* Take the box and tell me your secrets magic man.

Ripken10

I love the large lands for a single IP idea. Get me immersed in that area...not a single standalone ride or small area that just seems thrown in there. I think this works for HS - it is what will define it for generations to come.

Haymarket2008

So it seems Monstropolis is dead then? If whatever land is coming in its' place will be far from disappointing, then I don't have an issue with it not being Monstropolis.

doctornick

I hear we are still getting a third land.

Can't say any more.

So glad to hear that. I have no problems being patient for info if there is a "light at the end of the tunnel" and stiff is planned/funded.

Phase 3 needs to be several different areas not another single land IP... Needs to be 3-4 new rides with different IP's. My opinion.

I tend to agree. I get how a single IP land is enticing from a design/immersion prospective, but generic lands with multiple IPs are more flexible.

gmajew

Premium Member
I tend to agree. I get how a single IP land is enticing from a design/immersion prospective, but generic lands with multiple IPs are more flexible

I think the single IP is great for a land but I don't think every IP deserves it. I think with having two in the spark adding another would be overkill when there are so many good IP that can be used right in a properly designed land. Putting Incredibles, Indy, Big Hero 6 in a land would work as an example... Neither deserve an entire land but they could be great rides!!

HauntedMansionFLA

I think the single IP is great for a land but I don't think every IP deserves it. I think with having two in the spark adding another would be overkill when there are so many good IP that can be used right in a properly designed land. Putting Incredibles, Indy, Big Hero 6 in a land would work as an example... Neither deserve an entire land but they could be great rides!!
Those three are good examples of a heroes land that would be good and you could do it of the flip side with a Villians area.

dstrawn9889

so- lands of adventure ... South?

doctornick

I believe @Mike S shared some plans for an Indy land that was never built at DLR??? It would be a nice addition.

I assume you are talking about Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition which was the bold original blue sky plans that eventually became the Forbidden Eye ride that DL got.

indy_2_track_outlined.preview.jpeg

elchippo

The single IP immersive lands definitely have their merits (I finally got to see WWOHP for the first time a few months ago) but they just really limit variety and options. You better REALLY like Toy Story or Star Wars to give a hoot about almost half of the future DHS. That being said, Star Wars is a perfect example of an IP that I think can support its own HUGE land, because its going to keep producing content and always feel fresh and exciting for years to come. With Harry Potter, they're still finding ways to do that too by expanding its universe. But Monsters Inc? I loved it, but how much can you really squeeze out of two movies for an entire land? A well themed ride or even small Monstropolis "street" would be okay, but I wouldn't want too much space and resources devoted to something so narrow and specfic.

Maybe I'm looking at these things MUCH too far down the road for my own good, but at some point (whether three or four more movies ever do come out or not) Avatar WILL be outdated....and they'll have an entire land that nobody cares about that seems old and outdated, and probably won't be a particularly easy redevelopment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom