The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

Progress.City

Apart from the announced Toy Story and Star Wars attractions, the unannounced E-ticket, and possible rethemes/refurbs of existing attractions, will there be any more legit C or D ticket attractions coming to DHS before 2021?
Is the unannounced E ticket the same of as the GMR replacement?

Goofyernmost

Totally different system if I am not mistaken.
Yup, but, my point was that there are presently no physical tracks in the ride, so it is probable that the new one, although a different system, might be trackless as well. It seems like it would be cheaper to use an existing trackless system then having to tear up the concrete floor that is there now. But, just speculation on my part.

PirateFrank

It's been posted on here many times.

It will be trackless in the style of Pooh and Antartica, not in the style of GMR or ToT.

Hey Marni (or anyone else), I'm unclear of the distinction between the two trackless systems you're referring to. Can you either explain or point me somewhere that explains it? Thanks!

Rteetz

Hey Marni (or anyone else), I'm unclear of the distinction between the two trackless systems you're referring to. Can you either explain or point me somewhere that explains it? Thanks!
GMR and ToT don't run on a track like pooh in WDW but rather run on a guide wire.

Pooh in Tokyo and rides like Ratatouille run on an LPS system which essentially uses sensors in the ground to follow.

The Mickey ride would be like the second trackless system I mentioned.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
GMR and ToT don't run on a track like pooh in WDW but rather run on a guide wire.

Pooh in Tokyo and rides like Ratatouille run on an LPS system which essentially uses sensors in the ground to follow.

The Mickey ride would be like the second trackless system I mentioned.

To be more specific the sensors in the ground allow the vehicle to know where it is and then a computer controls where it goes. So it's no following a pre-set path of the sensors which give it a lot of flexibility of movement.

roj2323

To be more specific the sensors in the ground allow the vehicle to know where it is and then a computer controls where it goes. So it's no following a pre-set path of the sensors which give it a lot of flexibility of movement.
The sensors are most likely in the ride vehicle. If anything the floor probably has High power magnets placed in a known grid that the ride vehicles can use for geo location. Another method for doing this is multiple wires imbedded in the floor and attached to a transmitter of one kind or another.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The sensors are most likely in the ride vehicle. If anything the floor probably has High power magnets placed in a known grid that the ride vehicles can use for geo location. Another method for doing this is multiple wires imbedded in the floor and attached to a transmitter of one kind or another.

Yes, good point, sensor isn't the best word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom