The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Would you mind linking the page to when this was discussed in the spirited thread? I just went through a bunch of pages an couldn't find it, but I'm interested in reading it.
That thread moves incredibly fast so it's sometimes hard to keep up but if you have the time it's a good read. Here are the quotes he has referring to:
So, this seems to be a good place to bring it up since it will be an active topic. @WDW1974 or anyone else, could you comment if you've heard anything along these lines about possible future developments at DHS and DAK:
There is a third phase of construction 'planned' for what is now known as DHS. Whether it happens is another matter.

As far as I know, there is nothing on the horizon for DAK for a while after Pandora just to see how that fills out the experience. The only thing I have heard about is another full serve dining location is possible depending on the performance of Tiffins.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With the change in locations for SWL, its seeming more likely phase 3 may be a popurii of attractions/ instead a dedicated new land
Yep, I agree. It's still possible they could carve out a "land" if they level the Indy stunt show or possibly in/behind animation courtyard, but it seems much less likely than if SW was going where Indy is and LMA/SOA area was phase 3. I'm guessing that the Indy stunt show lasts until the opening of SW and Toy Sotry lands then gets shuttered and they use the arena for special events only. The animation courtyard area still holds some promise for a more robust phase 3 but I think it's far more likely the next phase is a handful of updates to shows/rides and maybe a few new or upgraded restaurants/shops. It's too bad if that's the way it goes because the park still needs more rides.

cheezbat

Yep, I agree. It's still possible they could carve out a "land" if they level the Indy stunt show or possibly in/behind animation courtyard, but it seems much less likely than if SW was going where Indy is and LMA/SOA area was phase 3. I'm guessing that the Indy stunt show lasts until the opening of SW and Toy Sotry lands then gets shuttered and they use the arena for special events only. The animation courtyard area still holds some promise for a more robust phase 3 but I think it's far more likely the next phase is a handful of updates to shows/rides and maybe a few new or upgraded restaurants/shops. It's too bad if that's the way it goes because the park still needs more rides.
Not only does it need more rides, but the park layout is a mess. I truly think they need to demo the animation building and build pathways that loop into Sunset Blvd. dead ends in a park are a terrible thing.

doctornick

Not only does it need more rides, but the park layout is a mess. I truly think they need to demo the animation building and build pathways that loop into Sunset Blvd. dead ends in a park are a terrible thing.

Agreed. I'm also hoping that there will be a connection from Muppets Courtyard to Star Wars at the back (where the Premiere Theater was) to help with guest flow; otherwise, Muppets becomes a dead end.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed. I'm also hoping that there will be a connection from Muppets Courtyard to Star Wars at the back (where the Premiere Theater was) to help with guest flow; otherwise, Muppets becomes a dead end.
Agreed. The layout was flawed from day 1 and has only gotten worse over the years. They had a chance to reboot the park layout with this huge project but the current plans don't seem to be making things much better.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
With the change in locations for SWL, its seeming more likely phase 3 may be a popurii of attractions/upgrades instead a dedicated new land

How does that work? I wouldn't want phase 3 to have rides that don't relate to one another. That's like an Incredibles ride a few feet away from a Lion King ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How does that work? I wouldn't want phase 3 to have rides that don't relate to one another. That's like an Incredibles ride a few feet away from a Lion King ride.
Probably like Fantasyland in MK. It's also possible to use buildings and scenery to make it so you can't really see the attractions from each other.

HauntedMansionFLA

It could be a wide variety of Pixar properties. Incredibles, Cars, UP, Monsters, Toy Story and so on. I kind of wish they would have done these properties where Toy Story Land is going in. But what do I know. :)
Edit: if you move over the other Pixar attractions from other areas, Monsters Laughing Floor, Buzz Light, Nemo to DHS you would have a kick a@@ land.

AEfx

It's at least positive that phase 3 hasn't been outright canceled yet, but it's making me skeptical when nobody in the know seems to have any idea of what the plans actually are.

Because we have barely broken ground on Phase I.

Disney likely doesn't know what happens beyond Phase II yet. Sure, they have ideas and hopes and intentions, I'm sure - but until they actually start laying concrete for Phase I, I don't think you can expect concrete information about any Phase III. It all can change in a heartbeat, and I think folks are just setting themselves up for a long period of massive frustration, disappointment, and/or needless kvetching over all this "Phase III" stuff.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Disney likely doesn't know what happens beyond Phase II yet. Sure, they have ideas and hopes and intentions, I'm sure - but until they actually start laying concrete for Phase I, I don't think you can expect concrete information about any Phase III. It all can change in a heartbeat, and I think folks are just setting themselves up for a long period of massive frustration, disappointment, and/or needless kvetching over all this "Phase III" stuff.
I agree that it's too far off to count on anything and the plans would definitely change. I never count on a phase 2 let alone a phase 3. The rumor was that there was a phase 3 already budgeted so if that is the case there should at least be some high level plans of what would make up phase 3. I would think it has to be more than just hopes or intentions to budget for it.

AEfx

I agree that it's too far off to count on anything and the plans would definitely change. I never count on a phase 2 let alone a phase 3. The rumor was that there was a phase 3 already budgeted so if that is the case there should at least be some high level plans of what would make up phase 3. I would think it has to be more than just hopes or intentions to budget for it.

True, but considering that it's more than five years off, minimum - I think they may have some ideas but it's all blue sky at this point. I doubt actual attractions have been fully budgeted, etc. - which is why, to be honest, I almost hope we don't find out prematurely. I don't wanna know about some amazing Phase III Star Wars attraction that they never end up building...we've all been there and done that so many times.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
True, but considering that it's more than five years off, minimum - I think they may have some ideas but it's all blue sky at this point. I doubt actual attractions have been fully budgeted, etc. - which is why, to be honest, I almost hope we don't find out prematurely. I don't wanna know about some amazing Phase III Star Wars attraction that they never end up building...we've all been there and done that so many times.
This is too true...especially here. It's like a broken record hearing people talk about how great Mine Train could have been if the plans weren't cut. Avatar Land had 3 rides cut to 2, etc, etc. We do obsess over plans and details and it almost always leaves us disappointed.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster

Maybe we will get more information at D23 2017? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom