The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

cheezbat

Really think the tea leaves are showing this phase 3 will be several new rides in many areas, either by retiming and redoing or new rides... Dont think we will be getting another fully themed land at this time... To much of the rest of the park needs drastic work!
Realistically, the entryway/Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd are very well done and probably don't need to be touched, but I could see them adding a ride off Sunset...the rest of the park is a mess. You get past the Chinese theatre and its just a mismash of themes and boxy buildings. Personally, I like many others hope to see an Indiana Jones ride. The park could use a good jungle/adventure land style aesthetic. We're also getting a nice land in Star Wars...and I guess Toy Story is okay for what it is.
I agree that the place needs more attractions though, specifically rides, so if I were Disney, I'd be looking at ways to spread crowds out evenly in the park. They won't want one huge mass in Star Wars land and another near Tower and RNRC and the rest of the park be empty, so building a few more solid rides near Indy and Great Movie ride would be a smart approach.

Haymarket2008

So apart from the two major lands coming to DHS, what is the realistic "next big addition"? Pertaining to attractions and/or entertainment replacements.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Realistically, the entryway/Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd are very well done and probably don't need to be touched, but I could see them adding a ride off Sunset...the rest of the park is a mess. You get past the Chinese theatre and its just a mismash of themes and boxy buildings. Personally, I like many others hope to see an Indiana Jones ride. The park could use a good jungle/adventure land style aesthetic. We're also getting a nice land in Star Wars...and I guess Toy Story is okay for what it is.
I agree that the place needs more attractions though, specifically rides, so if I were Disney, I'd be looking at ways to spread crowds out evenly in the park. They won't want one huge mass in Star Wars land and another near Tower and RNRC and the rest of the park be empty, so building a few more solid rides near Indy and Great Movie ride would be a smart approach.
Not to get too armchair imagineering, but the park could really use some kind of water ride. It's damn hot in FL for the better part of 9 months out of the year. I love the Indy ride at DL and wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing a clone at DHS but if they decide to go with an original Indy ride I hope they consider a boat ride.

AEfx

Not to get too armchair imagineering, but the park could really use some kind of water ride. It's damn hot in FL for the better part of 9 months out of the year. I love the Indy ride at DL and wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing a clone at DHS but if they decide to go with an original Indy ride I hope they consider a boat ride.

A lot of us have been saying that. The Studios are such a dry, landlocked park. And once Echo Lake is gone...eek. I know it looks like SWE has some small water features, but I totally agree - a real nice water ride is really what the doctor ordered. I'd love to see a variation of Indy as you suggest.

Thanks phoenicians

A lot of us have been saying that. The Studios are such a dry, landlocked park. And once Echo Lake is gone...eek. I know it looks like SWE has some small water features, but I totally agree - a real nice water ride is really what the doctor ordered. I'd love to see a variation of Indy as you suggest.
I thought echo lake is staying now due to swl being back in the former lma area. As for phase 3 if we can't get a whole land i wouldn't mind a new ride or 2 (doesn't have to be an e ticket but well themed) and some new shows and an update to fantasmic. A mini land like ratatouille in dlp would also be another nice option themed to another movie like monsters or indy.

doctornick

Ideal world -- Something like the plans for Lost Expedition for Indiana Jones that would have a calmer, longer water ride but also a more thrilling EMV or roller coaster ride as well and having the two rides interact/intertwine.

AEfx

Actually I like AK better for sun because their is more vegetation and shade. DHS is just you standing in the sun for most of the park, very little in the way of shade or tree cover. Add a bunch of concrete and DHS is just hot most of the time.

At least at MGM there are A/C buildings nearby pretty much anywhere in the park you can slip into. AK always feels like 10 degrees hotter to me and it feels like everything is "open air" and you can't get away from it.

RSoxNo1

Depending on the randomization sequence you go under water in Star Tours, does that count?

Mondo Mouse

No I don't think they've flat out said LMA/SOA is gonna be SWL, but since that area has now been closed off and the official announcement has been made by the WDC that construction has begun on both the east and west coast, I would say its pretty safe to assume its going into that area. Also the picture that was recently released by Disney with R2 on the SOA looking out into construction is a pretty clear sign too I would say.

What picture are you referring to? I haven't seen this one...I'm only familiar with the BB-8 one looking at (presumably) Disneyland's SWL and the 360 degree image of the Disneyland SWL construction site with all the Star Wars characters/droids/ships/etc.

cheezbat

Actually I like AK better for sun because their is more vegetation and shade. DHS is just you standing in the sun for most of the park, very little in the way of shade or tree cover. Add a bunch of concrete and DHS is just hot most of the time.
Which is why it needs a water ride.

For the longest time it has been the only American Disney park without a boat/water ride.

jhendrix

The whole Toy Story Land being just thrown in there without regard to a proper land or transition was bugging me, so I took the liberty of laying out Phase 3 and 4 - and providing a few transition pieces that Disney seems to be lacking. Solution: make Toy Story a mini land in a larger "Animation Courtyard" land, similar to how Dumbo is really its own mini land in Fantasyland.

This will probably never happen, but one can dream...I'm sure Disney would at least approve of that.

Hollywood-Studios-Dream.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom