The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Funmeister

@WDW1974 seems to think the number bandied about is accurate and his track record is pretty darn good so I'm inclined to agree in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

I trust a lot of the info @WDW1974. Why? I'll tell you. In some of his posts he will mention small tidbits here and there that are not well recognized by most people on this forum. I myself still do not know the meaning behind everything he says. What I can say is that some of these tidbits give him credibility because it is info or things that your average fan or person who follows Disney would ever know. He convinced me a long time ago with his comments without having to try. He knows his sh** more than many people realize.

I think some on here dislike him because they want to be THE authority on Disney but taking pictures of construction walls and talking about minor things just do not measure up.

NearTheEars

Funmeister

Nope. Didn't state that I could. I just see that figure thrown around by all these folks with no source material.

And it keeps growing, even without a "my friend's brother's neighbor knows a cast member who knows someone at TDO that said ... "

I can, however, confirm that a MK ticket costs $99

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/24/travel/disney-magic-kingdom-price-increase/

I think at this point $2.5b is not out of the question. It happens. I think in the beginning when it ballooned so fast that maybe it was a bit premature. NOW? I believe it.

What do you think the price ceiling is for a one-day Disney ticket? Even though $100 is only a dollar more than $99 that is a huge psychological barrier to break.

Funmeister

My but your a fun person. Somebody asked if the 2.5 billion could be confirmed mostly because the number and many others have been pulled literally out of somebody's sky. It was and still is a legitimate question and you chose to belittled someones honest question. I'm not upset, because, well lets just say I'm not upset, but my question to you was no more irrelevant or silly then yours was. They weren't saying that it wasn't a true number, just that if anyone uses numbers like they are fact, it can cause some rumors that are purposely incorrect.

Since you found it necessary to ask the foolish question... "can you confirm it's not" I don't think it was my minnie panties that were in a knot over it. I wasn't going to respond to the original question. I was just going to wait and see if those that have been tossing that number about, had any reason to think that it was correct. And your saying that we shouldn't ask for verification of what people tell us. What brand of sheep do you think we all are?

The title of this thread section is "news, rumors and current events". Without the proper information it is impossible to know if we are reading about news, or rumors or current events.

Right. But if you ask for verification does the person who stated the information have the right to ask you to disprove them? You want your cake and eat it too...oh wait...better not go there.

You could always start your own thread "news, rumors and current events" if you do not like this one.

When did I say that you should not "ask for verification?" If anything I feel if you ask someone to verify something you should have information of your own to disprove what they say. You want the verification? YOU do the work!

I thought about making you my first "ignore" but your posts are much entertaining. I also welcome anyone to ignore me also. Would never want anyone to feel uncomfortable with anything I say. Even you Goofy Goof Goof.

NearTheEars

I think at this point $2.5b is not out of the question. It happens. I think in the beginning when it ballooned so fast that maybe it was a bit premature. NOW? I believe it.

What do you think the price ceiling is for a one-day Disney ticket? Even though $100 is only a dollar more than $99 that is a huge psychological barrier to break.

I think TDO will have no problem breaking the $100 barrier. I think they are still confident in their current product and so far, based totally on my non-scientific crowd-maneuvering observations, attendance isn't dropping. It's clear here, not everyone here shares their view of their offerings.

Sadly, a few years from now, I'll probably be priced out of an AP. Right now I justify it since we go so much. Probably at least 25 day trips since we renewed. The monthly payment plan helps too.

I'm also afraid to let them lapse and have to take that up front hit if we change our mind.

Cesar R M

I wonder; How long until it reaches one of these "ALL NEW DISCOUNT!" type prices? (aka $99.99)

I think TDO will have no problem breaking the $100 barrier. I think they are still confident in their current product and so far, based totally on my non-scientific crowd-maneuvering observations, attendance isn't dropping. It's clear here, not everyone here shares their view of their offerings.

Sadly, a few years from now, I'll probably be priced out of an AP. Right now I justify it since we go so much. Probably at least 25 day trips since we renewed. The monthly payment plan helps too.

I'm also afraid to let them lapse and have to take that up front hit if we change our mind.

what if that's the trick then? increasing the price so much that only the annual passes and expanded packages makes sense for most people, Its a WIN WIN for disney because they just locked and confirmed more people to be tied to their product for the next year or so.

*funfact, the autotranslate of my browser tried to change the annual word for ..
I suppose he knows about the whole back*abuse price wise metaphor*

PeterAlt

I want to share this image my sister sent me today. It's appropriate for this discussion, as NextGen is designed to be...

image.jpg

PeterAlt

A quick thought on the Comcast merger...

I'm going to predict that the deal will ultimately get approved, but Comcast will be required to sell a off Time-Warner system clusters that do not strengthen current Comcast system clusters.

For example, Time-Warner's New York cluster would not benefit from a Comcast merger. CableVision, an independent cable company operating a cluster of cable systems in Long Island and nearby areas would be a better cluster of systems, if it were to gain ownership of Time-Warner's NYC systems. Those Time-Warner systems would be required, by the FCC, to be sold or spun off upon completion of the merger. Likely, CableVision would grab it.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm no accountant, but $2.5 Billion could be part of a lot of things....is it expenditures and money already spent, or is it money that will have been spent by the time everything is running properly?

Does it include marketing of their "Test"?

Funmeister

I'm no accountant, but $2.5 Billion could be part of a lot of things....is it expenditures and money already spent, or is it money that will have been spent by the time everything is running properly?

I am pretty sure it is money already spent. There is no timeline on when this thing will be up and running (if ever as imagined and planned) so it would be even harder to project a price tag in the future.

PeterAlt

Also, the monorail upgrades could be coming out of it, since the upgrades require IT work. The property-wide wi-fi access points were also paid by the project, so something useful that they would have to had found money for elsewhere is to show for it...

NomeKing88

Found this Walt Disney quote and thought it could be very relevant to much of the discussion here:

"I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."

Walt Disney would weep if he saw what has become of WDW. Well... first he would be amazed by the sheer size and advancements in technology, but then he would weep over everything else. And then probably light a cigar."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom