The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Meanwhile... on Micechat... there are people hating on Disney for being so aggressive with refurbishments.

People are so short-sighted. I guess they can close it once it gets dilapidated enough that no one wants to ride anything.

I am not on Micechat. But I would guess they are complaining about DLR's huge amount of rehabs at once. That is true. This past weekend, you had Splash Mountain, Nemo Sub Voyage, BTMRR and Small World all closed at the same time ... and Mansion was up and down due to tech issues. Having five E-Tickets in one park down at the same time isn't acceptable. No matter what park.

I would guess people are also angry that DLR management (led by Michael 'Disco Yeti and Dead Dinos' Colglazier) are being very slimy about putting out honest and accurate rehab schedules. As someone planning a trip myself, I do have issues with this.

WDW1974

Original Poster
A familiar name, or a new character to add to the list?

Likely familiar to the Lifestylers, I hadn't heard of her until last week. Her name is Morgan Crutchfield. She is on the Twitter. She is as slimy as they come. I just hope by mentioning her, I don't wind up giving her a big check with Mickey on it (instead of a cease and desist and a ban from property notice) because that is her goal.

She is also known in fan circles as the one who replaced our beloved Scarlett Amity Corless with Len Testa's little empire.

WDW1974

Original Poster
In many ways, MiceChat has become the very sort place it was originally a reaction against.

Oh, this is soooooooo true.

But their 'name' columnists are not helping. Kevin Yee has a column about Disney's ticket increase that says nothing new ... sure, it's cute that he can play 'Name That Tune' with Disney attractions, but there's no insight at all into the increase, why it happened and now and what it means.

And Todd and Norm now appear gunshy (or they simply have no sources) to put out their version of Al's column. With all those closures, some announced, many not, at DLR, you'd think they'd have plenty of fodder for a column by now.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Likely familiar to the Lifestylers, I hadn't heard of her until last week. Her name is Morgan Crutchfield. She is on the Twitter. She is as slimy as they come. I just hope by mentioning her, I don't wind up giving her a big check with Mickey on it (instead of a cease and desist and a ban from property notice) because that is her goal.

She is also known in fan circles as the one who replaced our beloved Scarlett Amity Corless with Len Testa's little empire.
This should be interesting then....

PeterAlt

What are you talking about? What's a life-styler? How are they slimy?

WDW1974

Original Poster
This should be interesting then....

I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her ... but again, Disney lets certain people (Jeff Lange) get away with things that are blatantly wrong ... and I sit back and wonder if the folks at CP have ever used Disney's security services and done complete and thorough background checks on folks from Loveable Lou to Ricky Brigante and his crazy other half.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't think that Disney has it bad for the Mommy Bloggers, I'd invite you to read Gary Buchanan's Twitter feed regularly.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her ... but again, Disney lets certain people (Jeff Lange) get away with things that are blatantly wrong ... and I sit back and wonder if the folks at CP have ever used Disney's security services and done complete and thorough background checks on folks from Loveable Lou to Ricky Brigante and his crazy other half.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't think that Disney has it bad for the Mommy Bloggers, I'd invite you to read Gary Buchanan's Twitter feed regularly.
I can honestly say I've never heard of her before now. But again, if the likes of Lange, Mongello and countless others can cash in on the Disney name, I suppose she thinks she's entitled as well. As long, of course, as Disney is buying....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
At some point Disney will have set a precedence by doing nothing, at that is a dangerous point.
Yeah, when it comes to this group of individuals, precedent is putting it lightly. I've read some of their reactions to being left out of the smallest of events, and the resulting diatribe was a passive-aggressive psychologist's dream. Or nightmare.....;)

jt04

Yeah, when it comes to this group of individuals, precedent is putting it lightly. I've read some of their reactions to being left out of the smallest of events, and the resulting diatribe was a passive-aggressive psychologist's dream. Or nightmare.....;)

Oh the irony.

lobelia

I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her.

Gee, I thought Cover Bands were going to be something you could use to cover the RFID chip when you didn't want to be tracked, not some stickers to make my band more colorful and not boring.

ratherbeinwdw

Gee, I thought Cover Bands were going to be something you could use to cover the RFID chip when you didn't want to be tracked, not some stickers to make my band more colorful and not boring.
I'm using a credit card size RFID shield to slide over my band when not in use. I just don't want anyone knowing where I am every minute of every day I'm there. I know they're not interested in individuals. I still don't like it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her

What part of her product do you think is Disney IP? The artwork?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What part of her product do you think is Disney IP? The artwork?

Yeah, looking through them I don't see any that would violate Disney IP. There is one for Frozen, but it says it "comes with" the character stickers meaning that they are probably just off the shelf stickers that are being included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom