The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

rudyjr13

Anyone else trying to stifle laughter while watching the "LIVE CHAT" for SDMT? Whatever WDW is paying for social media, they're paying too much.

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
This brings us to another question. Reader Michael asks, ‘Will all major characters make an appearance in the ride? The Prince, Evil Queen, Snow White, etc.?’

Dave Minichiello:
You’ll be able to experience many of your favorite characters from the film.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION OR DON'T HAVE CHATS. Absolutely clueless on social media best practices.

Sure but they just dropped a nice on ride video. Looks fun. Faster than I thought and yes it slows down while inside the show scene

lazyboy97o

Quick examples of all three:
First, the closure of the TL and AL QS restaurants, which puts a great pressure on the nearby Casey's, which then has to destroy its theme to cater to this pressure.
This specific scenario also illustrates that there is something fundamentally broken within the organization and its decision making processes. It is clear that the Magic Kingdom needs to expand its dining capacity to the point where it was determined that another facility was required. The solution though was not to reopen a shuttered, vacant facility but instead to build an entirely new facility.

Cesar R M

The thing is, El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurante (is it called Tortuga Tavern now?) is the kind of fast food that I crave when on vacation. I'd be eating taco salads and nachos constantly if given the opportunity and I don't think I'm alone.
tropical food, beach and simple yet delicious food I suppose?

Had the taco salad twice on my last trip. You are not wrong. The thing is, Pecos Bill sells that sucker, and it was not busy to capacity either time I was in there.
Now, one day it was slower than any meal I've ever eaten at WDW. 30 minutes after I had ordered and paid until I got my food, but still, the crowd wasn't extra huge and there was still seating available.
So, aside from the terrible service on that one time, I think the capacity piece still justifies Tortuga not to be open all year round.
The tortuga was closed when I went to WDW :(

I swear @wdwmagic needs to make a list of "must taste" menus of all WDW restaurants.

Anyone else trying to stifle laughter while watching the "LIVE CHAT" for SDMT? Whatever WDW is paying for social media, they're paying too much.

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
This brings us to another question. Reader Michael asks, ‘Will all major characters make an appearance in the ride? The Prince, Evil Queen, Snow White, etc.?’

Dave Minichiello:
You’ll be able to experience many of your favorite characters from the film.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION OR DON'T HAVE CHATS. Absolutely clueless on social media best practices.

Actually, Answering like that is a smart way, because a) You never know if the character department will get a cut or there will be limitation b) you keep the whole thing as "ambiguous" as possible to prevent something like "but you said Stitch was gonna be there!"

@wdwmagic is providing a blow by blow.

that sounded.. a bit.. dirty..

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I see your point, but I have a little different feeling about it. I like it a lot better when I have more options and it takes and long waits are more uncommon. It is theoretically, a resort.

I was just about to say the exact same thing. We are looking at it from the guest satisfaction standpoint though, not worrying about the efficiency.

Funmeister

Really? Can you confirm that I am not Bob Iger?

No, but I never made claims one way or the other that you are or are not. Since you brought up...please confirm that you are. lol My point is this is a info/rumors thread. If you do not believe something it is ok. Some people cannot give their sources because it would disrupt the universe and then people would complain there are no more "breaking" news or rumors.

Too many people demanding sources. Either believe it or don't. No reason to get your minnie panties in a wad. Just entertaining reading. Not sure why I reply to you Goofy....better not say anymore. You will probably twist what I say and say that I called everyone evil or some crap like that.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was just about to say the exact same thing. We are looking at it from the guest satisfaction standpoint though, not worrying about the efficiency.

Yep. I remember when the guest satisfaction standpoint trumped efficiency with regards to dining. Now, you can look at empty tables during the slow season and be screwed if you don't have a reservation. But, I dine at Disney less than I used to, so I've reacted to the new normal.

GiveMeTheMusic

Actually, Answering like that is a smart way, because a) You never know if the character department will get a cut or there will be limitation b) you keep the whole thing as "ambiguous" as possible to prevent something like "but you said Stitch was gonna be there!"

If this were a meet-n-greet, that would make sense, but this a ride that opens in 2.5 months. They know exactly which characters are in the ride and if they don't want to tell us, then they shouldn't have taken the question. Answering like that is condescending on a level that makes my head wanna explode.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER QUESTIONS, DON'T HAVE A CHAT. Unbelievable that people get paid to come up with this kind of stuff.

Funmeister

Can you confirm this isn't like the LAST time the total spent was believed.. and then then redacted?

Nope. My whole point was that too many people demand proof and sources for posts on a RUMOR thread/website. lol I have my own views and beliefs but the $2.5b quote is really not that unbelievable is it? It seems most agree on here that the original budget was somewhere between $800m and $1b. It is a FACT that the "testing" phase of this program is almost a year behind if not more. For some reason I want to say the original planned launch date was Spring 2013? Then pushed back to Fall 2013?

So being delayed for that long isn't it possible to rack up more costs? Hell, labor alone for the additional CM's they hired (including iPads) are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. This does not include the more expensive portion as you probably know Flynn and that is the backend programming aspect.

I don't know how much they are over by but if you think about it I do not think $2.5b is out of the question.

If you disagree I welcome your opinion on how they are not spending money to "correct" the problems.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nope. My whole point was that too many people demand proof and sources for posts on a RUMOR thread/website. lol

and just as easily people are eager to parrot tidbits blindly

This topic in particular is one that everyone jumped onto to escalate by what... 300% in like 2 weeks, and then quickly changed the tune when another voice came into play?

Somethings are just more substantiated than others. The spend/budget discussion just seems like a topic that even insiders would manipulate to their own agenda when talking to people. So why even bother acting like we have some hard facts. I wouldn't trust the guy telling me the number at the watercooler... why would I trust it coming 3rd or 4th hand in a fan community?

Funmeister

and just as easily people are eager to parrot tidbits blindly

This topic in particular is one that everyone jumped onto to escalate by what... 300% in like 2 weeks, and then quickly changed the tune when another voice came into play?

Somethings are just more substantiated than others. The spend/budget discussion just seems like a topic that even insiders would manipulate to their own agenda when talking to people. So why even bother acting like we have some hard facts. I wouldn't trust the guy telling me the number at the watercooler... why would I trust it coming 3rd or 4th hand in a fan community?

I agree with you. Do you think it is possible the number could be at $2.5b or quikly approaching? If not...where do you think the total is at this point?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I agree with you. Do you think it is possible the number could be at $2.5b or quikly approaching? If not...where do you think the total is at this point?

How would I have any way of knowing? Why would I invest hours in trying to form a guestimate for something would return absolutely nothing of value and is completely impossible to even gauge success of? It would be a complete waste of my time and only serves to put something out that is guaranteed to be wrong.

One can look at pieces of it and go 'hrmm... that looks like the right order of magnitude' for what someone is describing, but you can really only do that on a finite definition.. or you can raise an eyebrow when a number magically jumps 500 MILLION dollars in just days... how is it even possible to spend that much money in that short of time in the contexts we are talking about. So it's certainly possible to have believability or not when it comes to things in finite spaces... but to speculate on all inclusive umbrella dollars sitting here at home with zero visibility into the project as a whole.. is just ing into the wind.

Funmeister

How would I have any way of knowing? Why would I invest hours in trying to form a guestimate for something would return absolutely nothing of value and is completely impossible to even gauge success of? It would be a complete waste of my time and only serves to put something out that is guaranteed to be wrong.

One can look at pieces of it and go 'hrmm... that looks like the right order of magnitude' for what someone is describing, but you can really only do that on a finite definition.. or you can raise an eyebrow when a number magically jumps 500 MILLION dollars in just days... how is it even possible to spend that much money in that short of time in the contexts we are talking about. So it's certainly possible to have believability or not when it comes to things in finite spaces... but to speculate on all inclusive umbrella dollars sitting here at home with zero visibility into the project as a whole.. is just ing into the wind.

So I take it you do not put much stock into anything on this site? I just thought that you might spend "hours in trying to form a "guestimate" based on the amount of time you interact with others on the site. I think it is easy to try to discredit someone without having even a "guestimated" opinion based on your own findings.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I take it you do not put much stock into anything on this site? I just thought that you might spend "hours in trying to form a "guestimate" based on the amount of time you interact with others on the site. I think it is easy to try to discredit someone without having even a "guestimated" opinion based on your own findings.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

If that is your best attempt at a setup.. you really should go back to school. Because your 'slam dunk' is as impressive as a child's nerf setup.

I can see you glossed over the rest. Maybe it's time to gloss over yours as a whole.

Cesar R M

imho, escalations of costs like that are very possible if there were unsuspecting failures or incompatibility in systems.

Imagine you're setting the backbone of your network and you find that all your infrastructure (cabling, routers..etc.) are beyond ancient and do not take upgrades that are required for future expansions.
You have then suddenly have to change the entire thing.
so Imagine you budget 800M for main infrastructure and system changes.. and then balloons to 1.5Mill by the new problems found..
but then.. 700 Million is a huge cost.

Goofyernmost

No, but I never made claims one way or the other that you are or are not. Since you brought up...please confirm that you are. lol My point is this is a info/rumors thread. If you do not believe something it is ok. Some people cannot give their sources because it would disrupt the universe and then people would complain there are no more "breaking" news or rumors.

Too many people demanding sources. Either believe it or don't. No reason to get your minnie panties in a wad. Just entertaining reading. Not sure why I reply to you Goofy....better not say anymore. You will probably twist what I say and say that I called everyone evil or some crap like that.
My but your a fun person. Somebody asked if the 2.5 billion could be confirmed mostly because the number and many others have been pulled literally out of somebody's sky. It was and still is a legitimate question and you chose to belittled someones honest question. I'm not upset, because, well lets just say I'm not upset, but my question to you was no more irrelevant or silly then yours was. They weren't saying that it wasn't a true number, just that if anyone uses numbers like they are fact, it can cause some rumors that are purposely incorrect.

Since you found it necessary to ask the foolish question... "can you confirm it's not" I don't think it was my minnie panties that were in a knot over it. I wasn't going to respond to the original question. I was just going to wait and see if those that have been tossing that number about, had any reason to think that it was correct. And your saying that we shouldn't ask for verification of what people tell us. What brand of sheep do you think we all are?

The title of this thread section is "news, rumors and current events". Without the proper information it is impossible to know if we are reading about news, or rumors or current events.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
imho, escalations of costs like that are very possible if there were unsuspecting failures or incompatibility in systems.

Imagine you're setting the backbone of your network and you find that all your infrastructure (cabling, routers..etc.) are beyond ancient and do not take upgrades that are required for future expansions.
You have then suddenly have to change the entire thing.
so Imagine you budget 800M for main infrastructure and system changes.. and then balloons to 1.5Mill by the new problems found..
but then.. 700 Million is a huge cost.

This is why real IT groups have architecture groups who KNOW all these things by heart to prevent expensive whoopsies .

Funmeister

If that is your best attempt at a setup.. you really should go back to school. Because your 'slam dunk' is as impressive as a child's nerf setup.

I can see you glossed over the rest. Maybe it's time to gloss over yours as a whole.

lol Funny thing is I was not trying to set you up at all. You did fine on your own. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom