The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Figments Friend

Walt Disney would weep if he saw what has become of WDW. Well... first he would be amazed by the sheer size and advancements in technology, but then he would weep over everything else. And then probably light a cigar."

Yeah, and then probably use that cigar to light a trail of fuel leading into a certain property......

:angelic:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm using a credit card size RFID shield to slide over my band when not in use. I just don't want anyone knowing where I am every minute of every day I'm there. I know they're not interested in individuals. I still don't like it.

I've gone the other route. I make 35 exact duplicates of my band (yes, 35 identical sets of fastpass plusses) and distribute them to fellow guests. Similar to a fighter releasing a plume of debris to disorient any missiles that may have locked on to your signature.

SJFPKT

I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her ... but again, Disney lets certain people (Jeff Lange) get away with things that are blatantly wrong ... and I sit back and wonder if the folks at CP have ever used Disney's security services and done complete and thorough background checks on folks from Loveable Lou to Ricky Brigante and his crazy other half.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't think that Disney has it bad for the Mommy Bloggers, I'd invite you to read Gary Buchanan's Twitter feed regularly.

I really respect what you have to say, but on this I am going to have to argue with you. As a person who enforces IPR violations, if it isn't trademarked or copyrighted, it isn't an IPR violation. I didn't see anything with her bands that are trademarked. Cheap attempt at a look a like, yes but no IPR violations. Now I could have missed something but I didn't see it in what I saw.

TinkerBelle8878

I dunno ... no one seems to care. But she is clearly and openly extorting WDW Co with her 'creation' called Cover Bands by using Disney IP and then telling Disney that they can buy her creation from her ...

From all the MB pictures, there doesn't seem to be anything that will make the bands that attractive, so why not just head to a craft store, buy some Sharpies or a hot glue gun and whatever to stick to it? Its got to be cheaper than whatever Disney is selling and whatever this woman is trying to sell.

I'd think someone would be more inventive, not piggybacking on any IPs, and make something to make the bands cooler (temperature wise) and less likely to cause irritations which when its gets sweltering down in Orlando. I think we all see the writing on that wall in a few months and 'ouch'.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Fun With Tweets (Although a fellow MAGIC member suggested I call it Fun With Twits):

Tom Bricker ‏@Tom_Bricker Feb 23
Now for a creepy selfie while I wait for the stars. This took way too long to "compose." pic.twitter.com/bGCpD9ECdt

EPCOT Explorer ‏@EPCOTExplorer 9h
So when is Disney going to break news on the new Hub? If we can get a PR for new benches with Fantasmic, this should get a media event…

Repentant Orc ‏@AnotherVoiceDIS 9h
I demand to know the 'story' of MK's new concrete hub and how it relates to an obscure window reference, a forgotten film and Andy's mom.

Repentant Orc ‏@AnotherVoiceDIS Feb 24
So the big MK news today is a laughable kiddie coaster reveal and more concrete for upsale. I'd say that is worth about four dollars.

E. Cardon Walker ‏@ECardonWalker 10h
Glad Disney has decided to continue to screw the majority of people who don't use Apple devices with #DisneyMoviesAnywhere

E. Cardon Walker ‏@ECardonWalker Feb 24
Walt Disney World working hard to make the Magic Kingdom hub as unpleasant as they made Epcot's.

E. Cardon Walker ‏@ECardonWalker Feb 23
I am never not surprised by the army of people ready, willing, and even eager to be ripped off by Disney.

EPCOTCitizen ‏@EPCOTcitizen Feb 24
It's funny that some of the same people who were lamenting Hyperspace Hoopla are annoyed w/ people who are complaining about the price hike.

Ben Howell ‏@BenRHowell Feb 22
@ECardonWalker @WaltDisneyWorld Their social media is based on their guest service model. "You Get What You Get & You're Happy With It."

Jason Garcia ‏@Jason_Garcia Feb 24
Disney wouldn't answer when asked why it is raised prices early this yr. Analysts say could be bracing for Potter or making up for MM+ delay

Jason Garcia ‏@Jason_Garcia Feb 24
Early increase "suggests parks attendance trends must be healthy enough that mgmt believes...will not unduly negatively impact marketing."

Theme Park Insider ‏@ThemePark Feb 23
@Parkscope_Sean I think the pricing structure reveals that WDW sees itself in the hotel business, with the parks as ancillary revenue.

(OK, usually I let the Tweets stand by themselves, but that last one caught me because that is something I have been saying for a decade ... nice to know someone picked up on that ... now will someone Tweet that back at Robert for me? I was very nice to his mother last summer!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was at Typhoon this last week, and they use the new MM+ system for park entry...and while waiting to get into the park, a man in front of me was asking if the waterslides had fast pass plus locations. I just shook my head.

What the heck is up with Typhoon? Are they letting things slip at the waterparks now too? I noticed a few areas where trees had been ripped out and replaced with nothing. Service at the ice cream shack was AWFUL. The Storm slides are getting rough. I cut my back on one of them this visit. Also, they had walls up on the side of the wavepool where the boat photo op was. Can anybody tell me why the bridge and the overlook on the Mountain is closed? They had it all roped off and I asked someone about it and they didnt know what to say. Did they just not finish refurbishments while the park was closed, or are these all cost cutting measures?

Not good signs.

Not what I want to hear as I am thinking about a quickee spring trip largely centered on the water parks. Did you complain about any of those (all) issues?

WDW1974

Original Poster
People need to lighten up on this whole Shanghai = smog thing. It shows limited perspective and repeating ad-nauseum the American media attempt at demeaning other countries they are frightened of.

Yes it's a problem, no it won't affect Disney anymore than the occasional Floridan downpour. The snow in Paris and Tokyo is probably the bigger non-issue.

Gotta disagree with you on this one, Brian.

I have lived (months at a time) in Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong and I can tell you that smog ... horrific smog ... is China's biggest crisis that they are largely ignoring. Air quality on the best of days is largely what we'd call moderate here in the USA and every other day it can be worse.

I sure wouldn't tell anyone they shouldn't visit those amazing cities or China in general, but to compare it to Florida's thunderstorms, which are absolutely no fun and more dangerous than most folks think, isn't being realistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom