The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
About that. The designer who put in the new seating in Casey's failed to take into account food deliveries that occur throughout the day. Last night I see a CM have to ask three different diners to "scooch" so he could maneuver his palate of buns and dogs through the dining room back to the kitchen.

A tiny issue that seems emblematic of what's wrong as a whole. Let's re-do a restaurant without bothering to get any input from anyone who actually works there. Almost like dropping $2B on a new attractions model only to have all your attractions employees tell you it's doomed to fail once you're done.

Good time for one of those head slapping gif thingys.

Also, I think, and you can tell me if I am crazy. That big part of the reason Casey's was so desperate for more seating can be attributed to the fact that the MK has at least two major QS restaurants closed the majority of the time.

The Empress Lilly

There are a lot of negative moves they have made such as empty buildings and letting shows get stale but I don't know, it's still a great park. Casey's was desperate for more seating.
Yes and yes.

Yes, the MK is still great. One of the sad facts of WDW is that it was build so incredibly well, that even at eighty, sixty, fifty percent it is still awesome.

And yes, Just about every single one operational intervention in itself is justified. TDO are not the alleged imbeciles who do not see what every fan with an internetz can see. They understand how to operate a theme park very well. And most changes at the MK do serve a clear, useful purpose.
It is when one looks at the greater picture (that transcent short managerial careers or interdepartmental budget conflics) that sometimes wrong directions are taken. And sometimes financial interest conflict with direct guest satisfaction. Or the needs of the many unermine the individual experience.

Quick examples of all three:
First, the closure of the TL and AL QS restaurants, which puts a great pressure on the nearby Casey's, which then has to destroy its theme to cater to this pressure.
Second, the closing of MS west street and the flower market for twelve feet of storefront.
Third, the chopping of the trees from the hub. The hub looks worse to everybody, but with 18 million instead fo the projected ten million there are simply not enough fireworks viewing spots. (But there woud be if several milion were watching a nighttime show at DAK instead....)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I love their pancake machines. Maybe you could recommend the new DVC Pandora resort rooms have one of those.
Well, not to let the (blue alien sex) cat out of the bag or anything, but we at the Avatar project have been working on perfecting bioluminescent pancakes. So far, the tests are going ok. 93.7% of all test rats have survived the week after ingestion. Once we make it up to around 96.42% we're in the clear. Also, it aids custodial efforts as well as theming, because the side effects post-consumption make it much easier to find, lets call them, stray leavings in the bathrooms after. And most guests would never put 2 and 2 together and think it's actual fecal matter, they'll think it's just extra theming work we put into the Pandora-Space-Bathrooms, schedule to take up 2/3rds of the actual Avatar expansion space.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, not to let the (blue alien sex) cat out of the bag or anything, but we at the Avatar project have been working on perfecting bioluminescent pancakes. So far, the tests are going ok. 93.7% of all test rats have survived the week after ingestion. Once we make it up to around 96.42% we're in the clear. Also, it aids custodial efforts as well as theming, because the side effects post-consumption make it much easier to find, lets call them, stray leavings in the bathrooms after. And most guests would never put 2 and 2 together and think it's actual fecal matter, they'll think it's just extra theming work we put into the Pandora-Space-Bathrooms, schedule to take up 2/3rds of the actual Avatar expansion space.
This is the best news I have heard since finding out they were integrating the Crystal Skull into the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Do I have to book my FP+ for this experience 60 days out?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Do I have to book my FP+ for this experience 60 days out?
No, since the pancakes will be a part of our new dining concept, the "all you can fit on your scooter" style dining, it will be included in the standard 180 day ADR reservations. The "after effects" lets say are free for you to enjoy at your leisure*.

We reserve the right to make this a separate ticketed event at any time in the future. Resort guests will get access to the bathrooms in our new EPH (Extra Potty Hour) offerings, scheduled to roll out at the same time as our Star Wars expansion: "Star Wars, bathrooms in distant galaxies".

rudyjr13

First, the closure of the TL and AL QS restaurants, which puts a great pressure on the nearby Casey's, which then has to destroy its theme to cater to this pressure.
Second, the closing of MS west street and the flower market for twelve feet of storefront.
Third, the chopping of the trees from the hub. The hub looks worse to everybody, but with 18 million instead fo the projected ten million there are simply not enough fireworks viewing spots. (But there woud be if several milion were watching a nighttime show at DAK instead....)

The fact that those restaurants stay closed gets overlooked by us. It is kind of ridiculous. They built the new BOG restaurant because there was not enough places to eat. Why not open those back up? That expensive? I know nothing about operating costs for these restaurants.

I fondly remember the penny arcade and dinner shows as a kid in the 80s. Yes it is sad my kids won't experience that.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The fact that those restaurants stay closed gets overlooked by us. It is kind of ridiculous. They built the new BOG restaurant because there was not enough places to eat. Why not open those back up? That expensive? I know nothing about operating costs for these restaurants.

I fondly remember the penny arcade and dinner shows as a kid in the 80s. Yes it is sad my kids won't experience that.

Im trying to look on the bright side. With the way prices keep going up, my paycheck staying the same, year after year... The kids I don't have and won't for several years will never be able to experience it.

It does seem silly to keep several restaurants closed and open BoG, but then again, BoG can command a decent price tag and following.

Question for those who have been to and/or remember the places being open- are/were they very busy?

Cesar R M

About that. The designer who put in the new seating in Casey's failed to take into account food deliveries that occur throughout the day. Last night I see a CM have to ask three different diners to "scooch" so he could maneuver his palate of buns and dogs through the dining room back to the kitchen.

A tiny issue that seems emblematic of what's wrong as a whole. Let's re-do a restaurant without bothering to get any input from anyone who actually works there. Almost like dropping $2B on a new attractions model only to have all your attractions employees tell you it's doomed to fail once you're done.
be gentle.. you just delivered a huge burn directed at brand dumb executive movements.

I do my best. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few weeks ago.
Does the Holiday Inn give an express HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE? ;)

I love their pancake machines. Maybe you could recommend the new DVC Pandora resort rooms have one of those.
What if they want to charge extra money for these? "Magical Extra Navi Blue Pancake machine deluxe ultra jambo mambo experience for a MERE 45 USD A DAY!"

XhuJX3b.png

No, since the pancakes will be a part of our new dining concept, the "all you can fit on your scooter" style dining, it will be included in the standard 180 day ADR reservations. The "after effects" lets say are free for you to enjoy at your leisure*.

We reserve the right to make this a separate ticketed event at any time in the future. Resort guests will get access to the bathrooms in our new EPH (Extra Potty Hour) offerings, scheduled to roll out at the same time as our Star Wars expansion: "Star Wars, bathrooms in distant galaxies".
well done.. well done!
time to stuff with pancakes!
FfGuHg2.jpg

Yes and yes.

Yes, the MK is still great. One of the sad facts of WDW is that it was build so incredibly well, that even at eighty, sixty, fifty percent it is still awesome.

And yes, Just about every single one operational intervention in itself is justified. TDO are not the alleged imbeciles who do not see what every fan with an internetz can see. They understand how to operate a theme park very well. And most changes at the MK do serve a clear, useful purpose.
It is when one looks at the greater picture (that transcent short managerial careers or interdepartmental budget conflics) that sometimes wrong directions are taken. And sometimes financial interest conflict with direct guest satisfaction. Or the needs of the many unermine the individual experience.

stop making sense! you will destroy their executive minds.

cVD27Hk.gif

merry68

You'd think the $100 psychological threshold would give them pause but when times are desperate and you're trying to recoup $2B+ in wasted money, everything is on the table.

Agree with you, and I think TDO cannot wait to break that threshold, especially if it keeps the fat bonus checks coming.

UGH.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Good time for one of those head slapping gif thingys.

Also, I think, and you can tell me if I am crazy. That big part of the reason Casey's was so desperate for more seating can be attributed to the fact that the MK has at least two major QS restaurants closed the majority of the time.

Agreed. Three if you want to count the Verandah--even 1970s crowds justified giving Adventureland its own mass-loader QSR.

The thing is, El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurante (is it called Tortuga Tavern now?) is the kind of fast food that I crave when on vacation. I'd be eating taco salads and nachos constantly if given the opportunity and I don't think I'm alone.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The thing is, El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurante (is it called Tortuga Tavern now?) is the kind of fast food that I crave when on vacation. I'd be eating taco salads and nachos constantly if given the opportunity and I don't think I'm alone.
Had the taco salad twice on my last trip. You are not wrong. The thing is, Pecos Bill sells that sucker, and it was not busy to capacity either time I was in there.
Now, one day it was slower than any meal I've ever eaten at WDW. 30 minutes after I had ordered and paid until I got my food, but still, the crowd wasn't extra huge and there was still seating available.
So, aside from the terrible service on that one time, I think the capacity piece still justifies Tortuga not to be open all year round.

GiveMeTheMusic

Anyone else trying to stifle laughter while watching the "LIVE CHAT" for SDMT? Whatever WDW is paying for social media, they're paying too much.

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
This brings us to another question. Reader Michael asks, ‘Will all major characters make an appearance in the ride? The Prince, Evil Queen, Snow White, etc.?’

Dave Minichiello:
You’ll be able to experience many of your favorite characters from the film.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION OR DON'T HAVE CHATS. Absolutely clueless on social media best practices.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Anyone else trying to stifle laughter while watching the "LIVE CHAT" for SDMT? Whatever WDW is paying for social media, they're paying too much.

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
This brings us to another question. Reader Michael asks, ‘Will all major characters make an appearance in the ride? The Prince, Evil Queen, Snow White, etc.?’

Dave Minichiello:
You’ll be able to experience many of your favorite characters from the film.

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION OR DON'T HAVE CHATS. Absolutely clueless on social media best practices.

Check out the thread.
Had the taco salad twice on my last trip. You are not wrong. The thing is, Pecos Bill sells that sucker, and it was not busy to capacity either time I was in there.
Now, one day it was slower than any meal I've ever eaten at WDW. 30 minutes after I had ordered and paid until I got my food, but still, the crowd wasn't extra huge and there was still seating available.
So, aside from the terrible service on that one time, I think the capacity piece still justifies Tortuga not to be open all year round.

I see your point, but I have a little different feeling about it. I like it a lot better when I have more options and it takes and long waits are more uncommon. It is theoretically, a resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom