The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Nubs70

I could envision an issue with patrons of large mass. I think it would be difficult to dissipate the increased level of inertia in the same amount of track length as a carload of lesser mass.
I'm thinking the cars could be fitted with either a progressive torsion spring or hydraulically dampened rotating element. This would restrict the degree of swing that is created by carloads of high inertia individuals.

Upon further thought, I would opt for the hydraulic system as springs fatigue and break.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a few things I wanted to mention last night and wasn't able to (before I forget or this grows to 67 pages):

Someone here recently opined about Georgie K and why WDW is still stagnating and having major show quality and upkeep issues when they (wrongfully) view him as some wunderkind who is just a fanboi at heart (that part is true). Surely, Georgie wants his (very likely) final Disney contract to show how much he cares about the product, the MAGIC and Walt's Legacy, right?

Wrong.

George was brought to WDW and given the keys to the kingdom to simply get NGE implemented and get that 11 percent boost in revenues that was promised to Iger and then the WDC BoD. The guest experience and overall parks quality does not factor into that AT ALL. Sure, George will improve things if he can, but he isn't going out of his way. Ultimately, that is why he is largely hidden and why he isn't out in the parks playing with the blogging whores, lifestylers and fanbois. His directive is all money driven. And since this is the company that has made him a very wealthy man, he isn't going to rock the boat.

Speaking of money: http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000988795

Yes, it seems that UNI's strategy in O-Town and even Disney's in Anaheim is global: when you provide a great experience, people come in droves and spend lots and lots of yen.

Of course, it isn't a UNIversal rule because TWDC has claimed records at WDW (although mixed together and placed into a blender, so beyond the MK being very busy and popular it is very hard to tell why Disney's numbers are what they beyond getting largely the same people to spend more due to higher prices ... @ParentsOf4 is the expert on breaking down financial docs here anyway.

Not so rosey is the Euro Disney report: http://corporate.disneylandparis.co.../uk-2014-02-04-cp-resultats-financiers-Q1.pdf

One other note on DLP, but before my visit I found the an individual on Twitter @InsideDLParis and it is a great resource of all the small things (and large) happening at the resort. The good, bad and the ugly. No, I don't like Twitter, but I do use it now when it provides a resource and this guy does.

Now, why am I getting all these 'is Kevin Yee out of his mind notes?' (first, I am not his shrink ...second, I wasn't aware until now that he obviously wrote something that many fans disagree with ... so, I'll go check that out and then maybe get back to my laundry!)

Last edited:

MickeyPeace

His twitter is fun to follow and his Instagrams are great. You get a real sense of his love for movies, tv, sports, and Disney. The underlying humor/jabs in some of his posts are priceless. More fun than anything Bob puts out there.

Bobs Instagram is locked and private. Eisner is one of his few friends.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Welcome back Spirit, glad you had fun on this side of the ocean.

I think AoS is getting (maybe a little too slowly) better. I was disappointed that it wasn't from the start the piece of great TV that could have been, but first seasons are often rocky. Anyway, even if the ratings dropped hard from the premiere, but it's still one of the most watched shows in the 18-49 demo, and it's number one ABC show for male viewers. I'm pretty sure it will have at least a second season (can't wait to see MODOK, and maybe green haired Skye. but these are just my speculations)

Do you bring back any news from Chessy?

Some news that will have to wait for more time ... but it isn't all doom and gloom and they aren't replacing it with a Walmart and condos as a good friend of mine with some insight into the place loves to say often.

The Rat ride and area should be quite good (nothing groundbreaking, though) and make DSP a more pleasant place. Star Tours will be getting its upgrade in the not too distant future. And the resort renovations are plodding along, but with poor load levels, DLP doesn't have to fret about taking 500-600 rooms at NBC out of the rotation to be stripped bare and rebuilt.

I do have more details, but will have to come later.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A few notes:

HKDL- The "Iron Man Experience"....they could have called it "Stark Tours"

Regarding bloggers/lifestylers - I used to be a fan of a certain "review" site for "theme parks" and the guy who runs it, but lately it seems he might be on Disney's payroll also, saying lots of FP+ is the best thing ever made and berating anyone who disagrees with him. The general tone of some conversations at that site has been getting more negative lately, which is a shame.

Anyway, are there any insider updates on the progress, or lack-of, MM+ FP+, mouse arrest, etc.?

PeterAlt

His twitter is fun to follow and his Instagrams are great. You get a real sense of his love for movies, tv, sports, and Disney. The underlying humor/jabs in some of his posts are priceless. More fun than anything Bob puts out there.
What's his Twitter ID?

PeterAlt

Michael Eisner returning???:eek: Regardless of his contributions, his last few years left such a sour taste in my mouth I don't think I could stomach another tenure. Looking back I do see where his passion for the Parks did trump Mr. Iger's - which totally surprised me because Iger seemed to be such a breath of fresh air when he started. Now it is beyond time for Iger to leave. But I can't embrace Eisner again. Too many bad memories of the culture of "suits" with their heads in the air walking the Parks past us mere peons and peasants, being too good to make eye contact with their "money makers"! Oh that used to gripe me soooo bad.
That's what people said when Steve Jobs was forced out. I guess that the time in exile is a humbling experience and you relive all your moments thinking what you could have done better.

PeterAlt

You love that man, and that's alright; he was a great visionary.
I wouldn't use the word "love", but he was (as was Eisner and George Lucas and Walt Disney and Jack Trammel of Commodore/Atari and Elon Musk of SpaceX/Tesler Motors and James Cameron) role models for my entrepreneur spirit.

Last edited:

asianway

Just a few things I wanted to mention last night and wasn't able to (before I forget or this grows to 67 pages):

Someone here recently opined about Georgie K and why WDW is still stagnating and having major show quality and upkeep issues when they (wrongfully) view him as some wunderkind who is just a fanboi at heart (that part is true). Surely, Georgie wants his (very likely) final Disney contract to show how much he cares about the product, the MAGIC and Walt's Legacy, right?

Wrong.

George was brought to WDW and given the keys to the kingdom to simply get NGE implemented and get that 11 percent boost in revenues that was promised to Iger and then the WDC BoD. The guest experience and overall parks quality does not factor into that AT ALL. Sure, George will improve things if he can, but he isn't going out of his way. Ultimately, that is why he is largely hidden and why he isn't out in the parks playing with the blogging whores, lifestylers and fanbois. His directive is all money driven. And since this is the company that has made him a very wealthy man, he isn't going to rock the boat.

Speaking of money: http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000988795

Yes, it seems that UNI's strategy in O-Town and even Disney's in Anaheim is global: when you provide a great experience, people come in droves and spend lots and lots of yen.

Of course, it isn't a UNIversal rule because TWDC has claimed records at WDW (although mixed together and placed into a blender, so beyond the MK being very busy and popular it is very hard to tell why Disney's numbers are what they beyond getting largely the same people to spend more due to higher prices ... @ParentsOf4 is the expert on breaking down financial docs here anyway.

Not so rosey is the Euro Disney report: http://corporate.disneylandparis.co.../uk-2014-02-04-cp-resultats-financiers-Q1.pdf

One other note on DLP, but before my visit I found the an individual on Twitter @InsideDLParis and it is a great resource of all the small things (and large) happening at the resort. The good, bad and the ugly. No, I don't like Twitter, but I do use it now when it provides a resource and this guy does.

Now, why am I getting all these 'is Kevin Yee out of his mind notes?' (first, I am not his shrink ...second, I wasn't aware until now that he obviously wrote something that many fans disagree with ... so, I'll go check that out and then maybe get back to my laundry!)
Something about a SWOT analysis article today? Nothing says watchdog like loosey goosey HR wording

PeterAlt

Speaking of Star Tours and Star Wars, I found out why they fired the original screenplay writer for the new Star Wars. Apparently, his script focused too much on the new characters and JJ Abrams wanted the original characters to go on one last adventure before passing the torch to the younger generation. So, the new rewrites make the original cast the main characters, and give the new cast supporting roles, instead of the other way around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom