The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

RSoxNo1

One quickee and then I am off for the night, but amidst all the talk of everything at WDW (sans Pandora, Disney Springs and DVC) being on hold or at a snail's pace (true) I did want to mention there is one exception and that is the new Soarin Over the World. It will debut at EPCOT around the same time as it will at DCA (no matter what Miceage might have you believe!)
Would this include a 3rd theater as well?

Marc Gil

Ah! I think I might be a lifestyler! I'm frowned upon! :eek:
I don't blog about it though.... I may brag a little, but I don't blog or tweet my adventures (on this site maybe..).

Anyway, I'm finally going to start reading these threads to see what all the huballoo is about. I'm looking forward to it!

PeterAlt

Where on Long Island did you live? Things aren't too bad on LI... Midtown Manhattan is far worse.
Well, I grew up in Smithtown (Suffulk County), but I have good memories of that time. We moved to Florida when I was 14. When we first moved here, I thought Florida was boring. Any way, I spent a semester of college at C.W. Post Campus of L.I.U., which is somewhere in Nassau County.

I remember going to a Burger King or McDonalds or some place like that and asking for a refill and they just looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I remember spending a night partying at a club in NYC and I was shocked how much it cost between the LIRR and the subway just to get there and back... In Palm Beach County, if I wanted to use transit to spend a night partying in Miami, I would take Tri-Rail to MetroRail to Metromover for a fraction of the cost between the LIRR and the NYC subway! Then, admission to any club in the city was like four times the cover of any club in Miami... And, in NYC, you have to wait on this long line that only a select people are chosen to get in. In Miami, as long as you're dressed properly and have ID, everyone gets in. In NYC, once you're in, drinks are expensive! In Miami, most clubs have free drinks or quarter drinks up until a certain time!

I found the people in NY to be only out for themselves and trying to act tough. Total opposite in Florida, where most people are friendly and will go out of their way to help other people....

Last edited:

Clamman73

Ah! I think I might be a lifestyler! I'm frowned upon! :eek:
I don't blog about it though.... I may brag a little, but I don't blog or tweet my adventures (on this site maybe..).

Anyway, I'm finally going to start reading these threads to see what all the huballoo is about. I'm looking forward to it!

But do you get free food?

maxairmike

There was a rumor floating around about the swinging cards having a problem as they went into the unload area. Is this what you had heard?

So I guess they paid no attention whatsoever to the years of work and multiple coasters that Arrow created with swinging cars on how you end a ride? I can't imagine they're truly free-swinging, and likely have some sort of lock mechanism similar to how the teacups don't free-spin the entire time.

PeterAlt

But I really like reading your posts. :(

And @PhotoDave219 ..that's.. wow. You know, I never thought of that. Could it even be possible that he would/could be angling for Iger's position? I haven't thought of that. Good one! :geek:
Follow him on Instagram (michael_eisner) and read his comments. Makes you wonder what he's doing there in China. Obviously, he's still very much interested in his old company and the parks, unlike other former Disney CEOs, such as Ron Miller, who didn't even want even talk anything that had to do with Disney Co. after he left.... So, makes you wonder. Things that make you go "hmmm"!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
One quickee and then I am off for the night, but amidst all the talk of everything at WDW (sans Pandora, Disney Springs and DVC) being on hold or at a snail's pace (true) I did want to mention there is one exception and that is the new Soarin Over the World. It will debut at EPCOT around the same time as it will at DCA (no matter what Miceage might have you believe!)

So, I guess I've missed this rumor previously as something actually happening. Must have missed it in the fast and furious non-stop rumors that have been happening in the past year! Or I was lulled to sleep.

Anyway, so since I'm reading this with a fresh set of eyes, they are going forward with filming a Soarin' over the World film to be put in, and they are replacing both Epcot and DCA (and reserving the right to clone it anywhere else in the world due to the generic theme).

Am I the only one who thinks that DCA is the only place where the current film should stick around? I mean, I honestly skip the attraction nearly every single trip to Epcot, mostly due to the fact that I can't suspend disbelief enough to not be annoyed at the California theme in Epcot, where it makes no sense. Sure, I can suspend disbelief enough to enjoy other much more ridiculous things in the MK or something, but for some reason I can't get past the "over California" part of Soarin' in Epcot. Don't ask me how my brain works, I don't get it either. Some would just say it doesn't work.

Anyway, back to my point. Doesn't it make sense for DCA to have the California theme, as it might actually convince people already in that state to explore more outside of the general LA area? Wasn't that partially the point of DCA originally, kind of the mission statement? Shouldn't that be the one place where California is actually pushed? Like the dedication plaque says "Disney's California Adventure celebrates the richness and the diversity of California... its land, its people, its spirit and, above all, the dreams that it continues to inspire."

Wait, what am I thinking. Disney doesn't care if you explore California, actually, they probably would hate that thought. That'd be less time at their parks and more time out there in the great wide open, not spending money on Disney property. I guess I see why they'll change it.
I'm just looking forward to Soarin' 3.0, "Soarin' over the many Disney theme parks around the world, which you can conveniently book reservations for from your smartphone while eating a churro"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay couple of thoughts/questions....

Would any delays in 7DMTC be construction related or budget related?

Any chance that Michael Eisner be positioning himself to take Iger's place?

At this point I would think any delays in 7DMTC would be due to technical problems with the ride. The rumor that was going around recently was that as the cars were coming back into the unload area, the swinging wasn't stopping soon enough and they were hitting the side of the platform.

Soarin' Over Pgh

At this point I would think any delays in 7DMTC would be due to technical problems with the ride. The rumor that was going around recently was that as the cars were coming back into the unload area, the swinging wasn't stopping soon enough and they were hitting the side of the platform.

Ooh. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

doctornick

Doubt it but I wouldn't mind round two for a few years. At least he cares about the product and creativity.

I would be fine with it as well. He would just need a good financial/business guy to keep him in check. Eisner definately has passion and creativity, which are missing fro the current leadership.

As an aside, isn't Eisner still one of the largest shareholders in Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom