The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Back in the day, the Tiki Room and IASW were E tickets as well. Some attractions "age" better than others. Few people would consider 20K, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room or IASW to be E tickets today. Also, CoP never had a ticket designation because it was always free and sponsored by GE.

For their time they WERE E-Tickets, As was the 'Santa Fe and Disneyland RR' , E-Ticket is simply awesomeness for their point in time.

Mermaid COULD have been an E-ticket if the scenes had been done with a 3D projector one of the new ones which project into a fine CO2 fog which really make you feel part of the scene.

FrankLapidus

If Rasulo is such an idiot when it comes to parks (which I don't have trouble believing) and the expansions happened the insistence of Burbank(as is often stated) then why doesn't Burbank just get rid of the guy? It doesn't make sense that they'd continually force things to happen and not just take the easier route by getting rid of the problem?

Excellent question. But he's not the only high-level executive at TWDC that you could ask it about. To get rid of them all would take quite a purge, they're the legacy of strategic planning.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If Rasulo is such an idiot when it comes to parks (which I don't have trouble believing) and the expansions happened the insistence of Burbank(as is often stated) then why doesn't Burbank just get rid of the guy? It doesn't make sense that they'd continually force things to happen and not just take the easier route by getting rid of the problem?

I hear the same kind of thing referred to with the general sentiment "TDO won't build anything or spend money without Burbank forcing them to" - Well if this really is the case and TDO is indeed causing so many problems that Burbank is constantly having to push to get any progress made, why don't they just dispense with the current TDO management? Surely if they can force projects down their throat they have the authority to make managerial changes that would fix the problem?

Same reason he's close to the top of the food chain, He knows where the bodies are buried and probably has several years worth of christmas party pictures as well. Never underestimate the power of blackmail.

CDavid

I like Buffalo Wild Wings :(
But question, how does the separation exist but yet pollo campero was at Downtown disney?
Is pollo Campero a premium brand in the US?

There seems to be something of an exception for counter service dining - not that there should be - since McDonald's was in that space previously. Pollo Campero was arguably a step up from the golden arches if for no other reason than there wasn't already one or more in every little town and most persons in America had never heard of it before (like Earl of Sandwich). Of course, I can't quite figure out why people give Starbucks a pass over having locations in the parks when McDonald's was blasted (and rightfully so) for being on-property at all.

what classifies an "E" v/s a "D" ticket attraction? perception by the designers?

Scale and scope. Pirates of the Caribbean and Gran Fiesta Tour are basically the same ride system, but nobody would mistake which was the grander attraction.

The simulator was classed as a good D.

The true E was cut.

So now people think the bigger attraction is automatically an E.

Though in a world where people think Soarin', TSMM and Mermaid are E's it's only expected.

I know the pixie-dusted crowd argues that Avatar land will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I would hope they can see the basis of our concerns. The true "E" ticket was cut and the "C" ticket boat ride was reportedly on the line also. And the project hadn't even broke ground yet. We all know very well how Disney cuts project budgets; There are very valid reasons to question just what sort of land we may end up with here.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Is there any detail, even just conceptual, on the cut E?

I AM REPEATING RUMORS TOLD TO ME BY OTHERS - I HAVE NO FIRSTHAND OR POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE.

There were some rumors it was supposed to be a suspended coaster to simulate flying on the critters 'Blue Pocahontas' rode. In other words a honest E-Ticket.

kap91

I know the pixie-dusted crowd argues that Avatar land will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I would hope they can see the basis of our concerns. The true "E" ticket was cut and the "C" ticket boat ride was reportedly on the line also. And the project hadn't even broke ground yet. We all know very well how Disney cuts project budgets; There are very valid reasons to question just what sort of land we may end up with here.

I don't see how yet another coaster could qualify as a "true" e-ticket. I'd much rather take the boat ride and new simulator tech over that. If the visuals on either are even half of what the concept art shows you easily have two rides that can be considered e-tickets. Everest even with a working yeti is a fairly boring uninspired ride compared to the likes of Dinosaur or even Star Tours.

djlaosc

images

And let's not forget Merlin, Rover and Links!

I wish you could bring them back on the newer Microsoft Office...

ABQ

I AM REPEATING RUMORS TOLD TO ME BY OTHERS - I HAVE NO FIRSTHAND OR POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE.

There were some rumors it was supposed to be a suspended coaster to simulate flying on the critters 'Blue Pocahontas' rode. In other words a honest E-Ticket.
Yes, I remember those concept drawings hitting the streets too. But like you, all I ever heard of them were rumours that were spread atop rumours like a bad game of telephone. I'd love to at least, one day, hear it straight from the horse's mouth that that was truly planned other than just grandiose speculation from someone with zip for insight.

PeterAlt

The simulator was classed as a good D.

The true E was cut.

So now people think the bigger attraction is automatically an E.

Though in a world where people think Soarin', TSMM and Mermaid are E's it's only expected.
Wow. My many levels of disappointment....

flynnibus

Premium Member

If you are 'the bosses guy..' you can get away with much more. Plus, they've managed to keep turning out the results the board wants to see. What the board wants and what we want aren't necessarily the same...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom