The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

space42

what classifies an "E" v/s a "D" ticket attraction? perception by the designers?

The best of the best. The most detailed, largest in scope, most immerse attractions. Pirates, Mansion, Original Imagination, 20,000 Leagues, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Horizons, etc.
Soarin' , Toy Story, Mermaid are D's at best - they in no way compare to the detail or scope of the above attractions.

bhg469

Heck no! It's just as craptacular as Buffalo Wild Wings.
Buffalo wild wings.... Not from buffalo, not particularly wild and the wings are Meh. The only wing place that is a chain and not from western NY and is slightly good is quaker stake.

bhg469

The best of the best. The most detailed, largest in scope, most immerse attractions. Pirates, Mansion, Original Imagination, 20,000 Leagues, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Horizons, etc.
Soarin' , Toy Story, Mermaid are D's at best - they in no way compare to the detail or scope of the above attractions.
Absolutely! From the point you enter the queue and get transported to a different place. Even though people bash universal, the queues for potter and mummy were fantastic, the rides were just icing on the cake.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So far, I haven't tasted another burger as good as In-N-Out's (Fatburger and Tommy's may be better, or at least close). California is known for its burgers, but I'd love to travel and taste others from different restaurants/food joints.:hungry:

In that case you need to visit Cambridge MA, In Harvard Square there is Bartley's Burger Cottage, Place is a hole in the wall, However they grind their own beef onsite and figure you will wait at least 15 minutes just to get into the place.

http://www.mrbartley.com/

On the grill there is a sign 'Danger - Men Cooking'

Ignohippo

If it's on the level of the FLE, I would be very disappointed. I had the opportunity to see it for the first time last week and was completely unimpressed.

I think that's the PERFECT analogy for what we can expect with Avatar and it deserves to be highlighted.

We'll get amazing scenery with far too few attractions very little actual substance (and way too match paid for it by TWDCo too).

Sadly, this would probably be the way a SWland would go too. It seems to be Disney's MO at the moment.

PhotoDave219

In that case you need to visit Cambridge MA, In Harvard Square there is Bartley's Burger Cottage, Place is a hole in the wall, However they grind their own beef onsite and figure you will wait at least 15 minutes just to get into the place.

I'll bear that in mind the next time I'm in Boston…

Phil12

Back in the day, the Tiki Room and IASW were E tickets as well. Some attractions "age" better than others. Few people would consider 20K, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room or IASW to be E tickets today. Also, CoP never had a ticket designation because it was always free and sponsored by GE.

Ignohippo

can someone please share the cliff notes version of why they believe Staggs or Rasulo would not be a good thing for the Disney Parks? I'm out of the loop on this discussion - thanks!

Quite simply, Rasulo is the reason the WDW parks stopped progressing and stalled out. He's a bean counter in the ultimate degree. If it were up to him, TDO would't spend a dime and would reap the profits from the resort for decades without any expansion. When he unveiled plans for the FLE, as head of Parks & Resorts, it was obvious during his speech that the Pixie Hollow area would never get built. He referred to it as "if" not "when". The FLE and DCA expansions all came at the insistence of Burbank. They never would have happened if he wasn't overridden.

The Pleasure Island debacle and lack of new attractions all occurred on Rasulo's watch. I believe MM+ was the brainchild of Rasulo and is entirely his mess as well.

Many people feel Staggs is a big reason for the complacency in the parks (personally, I think that's just leftover culture form the Rasulo era). Staggs was in charge of finance before he and Rasulo switched positions and people have a hard time trusting him because of his finance background. He was the one who suggested Avatar to Iger as well, which doesn't bode well in many fan's minds.

Personally, I have no problem with Staggs. The DCA and FLE expansions both happened on his watch and I believe he's smart enough to know you have to spend money to make money.

If Rasulo is put in charge, you can kiss any ideas of new attractions at WDW away instantly. Not even "value engineered", he won't add ANYTHING. On the other hand, I believe if Staggs is put in charge, you'll see the green light of SWland and hopefully the walking papers of Rasulo.

I honestly believe Rasulo will be the end of TWDCo as we know it if he is named CEO. The company will go back to the dark ages before Eisner.

jt04

I am still of the opinion new stuff is on the way because it fills the cash register. Disney would never quit making movies and just rely on DVD and rentals of current properties. Same with the parks. IMO.

BTW, there are new pics floating around the web of the FOTLK expansion. Might be the best theming yet for DAK which is saying a lot.

Pandora already has a high standard to meet or exceed.

Phil12

Was Clippy really his name??
images

And let's not forget Merlin, Rover and Links!

Last edited:

Jeffxz

The simulator was classed as a good D.

The true E was cut.

So now people think the bigger attraction is automatically an E.

Though in a world where people think Soarin', TSMM and Mermaid are E's it's only expected.

Was there ever a realistic proposal that had all 3 being built or was it always a choice between the coaster and the simulator?

spacemt354

Chili's

As a college student in Boston, I have to say this place is awesome!

Just went there a few weeks ago. The whole place is decked out in hilarity. From posters, to the signs where famous people sat, and the menu, which includes burger names like Big the Papi, the Facebook, the iPhone (it's Siri-ously delicious), the Chara, and all sorts of other Boston and pop culture related puns. Though I wouldn't recommend the Obamacare burger because its price on the menu is simply "trillions" lol

It's a great place.

Last edited:

kap91

Quite simply, Rasulo is the reason the WDW parks stopped progressing and stalled out. He's a bean counter in the ultimate degree. If it were up to him, TDO would't spend a dime and would reap the profits from the resort for decades without any expansion. When he unveiled plans for the FLE, as head of Parks & Resorts, it was obvious during his speech that the Pixie Hollow area would never get built. He referred to it as "if" not "when". The FLE and DCA expansions all came at the insistence of Burbank. They never would have happened if he wasn't overridden.

The Pleasure Island debacle and lack of new attractions all occurred on Rasulo's watch. I believe MM+ was the brainchild of Rasulo and is entirely his mess as well.

Many people feel Staggs is a big reason for the complacency in the parks (personally, I think that's just leftover culture form the Rasulo era). Staggs was in charge of finance before he and Rasulo switched positions and people have a hard time trusting him because of his finance background. He was the one who suggested Avatar to Iger as well, which doesn't bode well in many fan's minds.

Personally, I have no problem with Staggs. The DCA and FLE expansions both happened on his watch and I believe he's smart enough to know you have to spend money to make money.

If Rasulo is put in charge, you can kiss any ideas of new attractions at WDW away instantly. Not even "value engineered", he won't add ANYTHING. On the other hand, I believe if Staggs is put in charge, you'll see the green light of SWland and hopefully the walking papers of Rasulo.

I honestly believe Rasulo will be the end of TWDCo as we know it if he is named CEO. The company will go back to the dark ages before Eisner.

If Rasulo is such an idiot when it comes to parks (which I don't have trouble believing) and the expansions happened the insistence of Burbank(as is often stated) then why doesn't Burbank just get rid of the guy? It doesn't make sense that they'd continually force things to happen and not just take the easier route by getting rid of the problem?

I hear the same kind of thing referred to with the general sentiment "TDO won't build anything or spend money without Burbank forcing them to" - Well if this really is the case and TDO is indeed causing so many problems that Burbank is constantly having to push to get any progress made, why don't they just dispense with the current TDO management? Surely if they can force projects down their throat they have the authority to make managerial changes that would fix the problem?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom