The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If it's on the level of the FLE, I would be very disappointed. I had the opportunity to see it for the first time last week and was completely unimpressed.

Hold on, didnt you know that @WDWDad13 has insider info. and assured us it (Avatar Land) will be great? You didnt see all the :):):)'s. Apparently, smiley faces and telling us to have patience constitutes "insider" status. Who knew! I for one, am sleeping better at night now.

CDavid

I think they do know their audience. The very fact that the high end restaurants at WDW are nearly always fully booked shows that there is a lot of disposable money around to spend $100 a head on dining. The large mid-priced chains can remain on I Drive.

The thing is many Walt Disney World restaurant numbers are artificially inflated by the existence of the dining plan (or simply being in the 'world'), helping fill many restaurants which otherwise would see empty tables. Indeed, much of what commonly passes for 'high-end' within WDW isn't truly such a venue, and I do wonder just how much demand there really is for true high-end dining. There are just too many guests who positively swamp Akershus or Le Cellier but wouldn't dream of walking over to the Swan or Dolphin and paying out of pocket - even when they have the disposable income and desire something more than the Princess/character and theme park attired dining experience.

On the other hand - if perhaps unfortunately - there remains a huge demand for dining on the level of those mid-priced I-Drive chains. Certainly we don't want to see an Outback or the like in Disney Springs, but there remains a larger market for comparable level restaurants.

Rodan75

Well I'd love to know the reasoning behind Bob Iger's belief that Jay Rasulo has the qualities needed to be CEO of the Walt Disney Company. He's a man who has perfected the art of kissing backsides to get ahead and distract from the fact that he is mediocre (to put it kindly) at the job that he does. Its an absolute joke that he would even be considered for the position of CEO, never mind actually get it.

Based on the feedback regarding Rasulo, it sounds like he would be bad for the creatives in the company, at least Iger leaves folks like Lasseter and Feige to do their best work. If Rasulo, or whoever they hire starts meddling in the creative they are going to drive Lasseter, Feige, Kennedy out and that would cripple the company. It is going to be tough to find someone who is as strong as Iger on the business / shareholder side who won't let their ego force their 'creative vision' too heavily in the creative / IP development side. This is where Comcast has set themselves up for a better future, moreso than Disney. They seem to have a deeper bench.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Good to see a park in Orlando that completes and opens an entire "land" all at once and doesnt require I be part of a "test" to enjoy it,....or raises prices on EVERYTHING from food to parking to increase the bottom line in an attempt to show its profitability.

He said without an ounce of bitterness to his tone. ;)

Well I'd love to know the reasoning behind Bob Iger's belief that Jay Rasulo has the qualities needed to be CEO of the Walt Disney Company. He's a man who has perfected the art of kissing backsides to get ahead and distract from the fact that he is mediocre (to put it kindly) at the job that he does. Its an absolute joke that he would even be considered for the position of CEO, never mind actually get it.

Maybe he doesn't care. Or maybe he's perfectly fine with medicore.

But I agree with you, his name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as CEO.

WDWDad13

Hold on, didnt you know that @WDWDad13 has insider info. and assured us it (Avatar Land) will be great? You didnt see all the :):):)'s. Apparently, smiley faces and telling us to have patience constitutes "insider" status. Who knew! I for one, am sleeping better at night now.

:D:D:D I'm doing green smiley faces now and so glad I could contribute to your well being and sleeping habits. Sweet dreams lol

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Haha, never gonna happen in this lifetime. Sorry.:(

As would I whenever I'm out on west coast I always get at least on In-n-Out feast in, Try something from the 'secret' menu like a Garbageburger or a 4x4 (a 4 x 4 is 4 patties with cheese) you don't have to eat for a week after one of these.

It's not as good as a Gladiator from Bartley's Burger Cottage in Harvard Square but face it nothing is that good....

Californian Elitist

As would I whenever I'm out on west coast I always get at least on In-n-Out feast in, Try something from the 'secret' menu like a Garbageburger or a 4x4 (a 4 x 4 is 4 patties with cheese) you don't have to eat for a week after one of these.

It's not as good as a Gladiator from Bartley's Burger Cottage in Harvard Square but face it nothing is that good....

So far, I haven't tasted another burger as good as In-N-Out's (Fatburger and Tommy's may be better, or at least close). California is known for its burgers, but I'd love to travel and taste others from different restaurants/food joints.:hungry:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Whenever I ask my wife, "what do you want for diner" it takes her about two hours to decide. She ALWAYS says, "I wish Atlanta had In-N-Out Burger". It never fails. She is from San Diego area.

WDWDad13

If yellow smiley faces are "insider status" then green smiley faces must mean you have achieved corporate level status and are now lunching with Iger and Meg. Pretty good for an aleged TA.

yeah and tomorrow I'm going to own all of WDW... the Orlando area is next on my list... one step at a time ya know

and by the way... why would I lie about being a part time work from home travel agent as a secondary side job? It's not that it's an elite status to brag about, anyone can do it...maybe even you :)

Funmeister

The thing is many Walt Disney World restaurant numbers are artificially inflated by the existence of the dining plan (or simply being in the 'world'), helping fill many restaurants which otherwise would see empty tables. Indeed, much of what commonly passes for 'high-end' within WDW isn't truly such a venue, and I do wonder just how much demand there really is for true high-end dining. There are just too many guests who positively swamp Akershus or Le Cellier but wouldn't dream of walking over to the Swan or Dolphin and paying out of pocket - even when they have the disposable income and desire something more than the Princess/character and theme park attired dining experience.

On the other hand - if perhaps unfortunately - there remains a huge demand for dining on the level of those mid-priced I-Drive chains. Certainly we don't want to see an Outback or the like in Disney Springs, but there remains a larger market for comparable level restaurants.

"Priority Seating" was supposed to fix the problem of empty tables but it actually made it worse. The concept was to fill the tables with walk up guests and when you showed up for your "priority seating" you would get the next available table. Problem was the next table may not be the right for your size so people would go in front of you. Guest satisfaction...guest perception...plummeted so it was a hybrid for a while.

Funny how Disney creates these 'MAGICAL' programs that crash and burn. Anyone remember the very very very very short lived "Magic On Demand?" Transportation management (those who are left) to this day deny it even existed. That was a cluster and a half. It worked on paper...but not in real life. Takes more than tv monitors on a bus to heard cattle.

Last edited:

Funmeister

and by the way... why would I lie about being a part time work from home travel agent as a secondary side job? It's not that it's an elite status to brag about, anyone can do it...maybe even you :)

That statement speaks VOLUMES about you. Your insane dedication to the Mouse is beginning to come into focus.

WDWDad13

That statement speaks VOLUMES about you. Your insane dedication to the Mouse is beginning to come into focus.

if I was insanely dedicated I would do it full time, start a blog, a podcast, a book, move to Orlando like some do, or start a forum post full of basically nothing and hoping to set a record for the most replies to my supposed news :)

FrankLapidus

Based on the feedback regarding Rasulo, it sounds like he would be bad for the creatives in the company, at least Iger leaves folks like Lasseter and Feige to do their best work. If Rasulo, or whoever they hire starts meddling in the creative they are going to drive Lasseter, Feige, Kennedy out and that would cripple the company. It is going to be tough to find someone who is as strong as Iger on the business / shareholder side who won't let their ego force their 'creative vision' too heavily in the creative / IP development side. This is where Comcast has set themselves up for a better future, moreso than Disney. They seem to have a deeper bench.

I think Rasulo is just bad full stop, the idea that they might actually put him in charge of the whole company is slightly nauseating. You only have to look at the original plans for the FLE to get an idea of what you could expect for WDW if this man was setting the company-wide agenda, he is a typical paint-by-numbers executive who wouldn't know creativity if it slapped him across the face. You use the example of Comcast and again I really can't believe that their CEO Steve Burke was allowed to walk away from Disney, he would have been a far, far better choice for Disney CEO than either of Iger's lackeys Rasulo and Staggs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom