The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Soarin' Over Pgh

The fire breathing effect does not run if it's too windy. It looks like the effect is fully operational otherwise.

In other news, have people seen the latest commercial from Universal that shows off their Firebreathing dragon and Escape from Gringotts?

For the first time, I saw the commercial here (Pittsburgh) and it kinda took me by surprise as we normally don't get Universal or Disney commercials unless there's something specific to either currently being shown. In this case, there wasn't.

The commercial looks good... it's a nice teaser :)

@WDW1974, I saw that pics of Oswald in the flesh have started popping up on Twitter - gonna brave the line to see him next time you go to TDS? You could wear your one t-shirt! From the DeepDisney Twitter feed, for the curious:

BkF-zWjCUAAqFj8.jpg

Ok, call me a Pixie Dust snorter or whatever, but I really like this costume. It looks great!

Good luck keeping it clean at WDW, though... and I'd imagine it would have to be kept in an AC'd building, the actor would sweat to death otherwise. It looks like a faux suede?

Very well done, regardless. I've been anxiously awaiting the first pics of Oswald. Lookin' good! :D

Perhaps my confusion stems from the fact that the language you elected to use seems to convey your advice to others rather than your own personal choice. You do like to express things Ill grant you, its when the expressions are questioned that the toys are ejected forcibly from the stroller.

I fancy reading your posts with a heavy british accent, no disrespect intended. But I do enjoy reading what you have to say. :) (and in this case, agreed)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well @jlsHouston, you taught me a new one.

I'm at AKL right now and simply asked concierge for hotel occupancy.

AKL overall: 83%
DVC Kidani Village: 96%
DVC Jambo House: 94%
AKL (hotel only): 70%

As the CM told me, DVC always pulls up the overall occupancy.

P.S. On Sunday, hotel occupancy was at 63%

You do a great job exposing Disneys numbers from home, now your on property doing it, lol. Awesome. I wouldnt be surprised if they have someone keeping an eye on you. They should just offer you a job for the sake of damage control. Have a great trip! Pics????

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well @jlsHouston, you taught me a new one.

I'm at AKL right now and simply asked concierge for hotel occupancy.

AKL overall: 83%
DVC Kidani Village: 96%
DVC Jambo House: 94%
AKL (hotel only): 70%

As the CM told me, DVC always pulls up the overall occupancy.

P.S. On Sunday, hotel occupancy was at 63%

Awesome. I would never think to just ask. My whole hidden webcams in the rooms that I use just to check occupancy rates brings up some "privacy" thing with the "stick in the muds" out there. I would think for spring break a hotel only occupancy of 70% would be considered pretty soft.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The fire breathing effect does not run if it's too windy. It looks like the effect is fully operational otherwise.

In other news, have people seen the latest commercial from Universal that shows off their Firebreathing dragon and Escape from Gringotts?

Good to see a park in Orlando that completes and opens an entire "land" all at once and doesnt require I be part of a "test" to enjoy it,....or raises prices on EVERYTHING from food to parking to increase the bottom line in an attempt to show its profitability.

bhg469

I think they do know their audience. The very fact that the high end restaurants at WDW are nearly always fully booked shows that there is a lot of disposable money around to spend $100 a head on dining. The large mid-priced chains can remain on I Drive.
Well I agree I do not want to see Applebee's there, I also see this as a way to get more money from those that are captive on property.

JimboJones123

But are guests getting the value at AK by paying 7-8x the admission price of their local zoo for a half day park?

TSMM might make the list if it were remotely possible to meet the demand by adding a second total ride system. Instead, it is the White Whale of Walt Disney World.

Sorin' suffers the same fate. Lines are simply too long for being one of the rare immersive attractions that most guests can experience.

Mission Space? Half the attraction had to be turned off and converted into a tiny screen motion simulator. And it isn't even in HD.

Blizzard Beach is filthy. Period. It is barely a step above Wet and Wild.

I still am not over dumping the original Snow White to sell more photo passes.

I agree that with UNI and WDW growing ever more indistinguishable, that Disney may be in for a shock when it's winner takes all mechanisms evaporate.

But is ToT really the last game changer, or the last ground breaking atraction? We may very well think that, but I do not think that is the reality in the executive offices, nor on customer satisfaction surveys.

WDW game changers since ToT:
- DAK. An entire park has opened, now the third most visited in Orlando. It saw a massive game changing addition again with Everest in 2006, and work is in progress as we speak for it's most ambitious expansion yet.
- Blizzard. An entire waterpark, the second most visited waterpark worldwide, with the then highest and fastest water slide ride in the world.
- At ToT's own park, it's popularity has been eclipsed by TSMM. Which Disney considers a breakthrough in applied technology (both the - deliberately sparse - set dressing and the gaming content can be changed at little costs, in effect making the ride infinitely replaceable with the latest IP to be pushed. As far as I'm concerned they swap it out for Frozen's Snowball Throwing Mania)
- Future World, which to us fans looks stale and outright rubbish, in guest surveys added hit after hit since ToT with Test Track, Turtle Talk, Soarin', and even Mission Space.
- The MK is undergoing a game changing overhaul, culminating a month from now in the opening of Dwarf.

JimboJones123

Yes I have seen some of the tenants. From what I have seen, it is a strong line-up. Certainly going to shake things up in the area - some serious competition is moving into town.
I will ask this just once, knowing that it won't get an answer....

In & Out Burger?

Because I would totally pay a 50-60% premium over their regular prices to get a quick In & Out at Disney Springs whenever I was in the mood. Sure beats a trip to Dallas (I think that is the closest location).

bhg469

In & Out Burger?

Because I would totally pay a 50-60% premium over their regular prices to get a quick In & Out at Disney Springs whenever I was in the mood. Sure beats a trip to Dallas (I think that is the closest location).

If his wording is a clue, then nope. And if it is SS, bummer.

Stevek

Which is why many of us are ALREADY panning it, Lasseter put his full weight behind Carsland, If reports from reliable sources are to be believed the TDO 'quality reduction squad' has already chopped the budget significantly with the only 'E-Ticket' attraction already axed.

Soooo, Not holding out for an AMAZING experience, IF it's completed i'm thinking FLE ie pretty but no substance.

If it's on the level of the FLE, I would be very disappointed. I had the opportunity to see it for the first time last week and was completely unimpressed.

PhotoDave219

In & Out Burger?

No.

PhotoDave219

In & Out Burger?

If you're looking for a quick in and out, May I suggest Vista or Chatham.

FrankLapidus

He's the clear favorite to hear Burbank types talk. Iger loves him. Do you need to hear more?

Well I'd love to know the reasoning behind Bob Iger's belief that Jay Rasulo has the qualities needed to be CEO of the Walt Disney Company. He's a man who has perfected the art of kissing backsides to get ahead and distract from the fact that he is mediocre (to put it kindly) at the job that he does. Its an absolute joke that he would even be considered for the position of CEO, never mind actually get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom