The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs.htm

If you scroll down to frequently asked questions:

How big will Disney Springs be?
The expansion will approximately double the number of shops and restaurants at Downtown Disney. World of Disney will be expanded.

You mean a statement from TWDC that says absolutely nothing at all?

UNI never made a big deal about improvements to City Walk until many of them were about to open. ... But Disney has one media announcement after another where absolutely nothing of substance gets released.

TalkingHead

I think a lot of the reason it holds such a place as an "epic" attraction in many people's minds is that it was so short lived.

I think it's memorable, because it was an attraction at MK that didn't exist only for the elementary-school crowd. If nothing else, it represented an ambitious (and ominous) Disney attraction that wasn't directly tied to a franchise. Probably won't see anything like it again anytime soon.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think it's memorable, because it was an attraction at MK that didn't exist only for the elementary-school crowd. If nothing else, it represented an ambitious (and ominous) Disney attraction that wasn't directly tied to a franchise. Probably won't see anything like it again anytime soon.
I'll grant that.

I don't dislike the ride, and it certainly was a great successor to the, getting rather tired after nearly 20 years, Mission to Mars. But, I didn't see Stitch as "ruining" it...neither do I consider it one of the iconic rides of the parks (unlike Imagination or Horizons...sniffle).

It was a good ride that, outside of plot and other minor changes, is largely still intact with Stitch.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It was Martin who last said it had reached (or nearly reached) 2.5 billion-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirited-sixth-sense.879918/page-128#post-5954791

Doesn't really matter specifically how high it is, it's immensely past its original budget.

I totally agree. But that fact gets obscured if you play with the number or even suggest it has jumped yet again ... Hell, I'd rather say they've spent $1.8 billion (because I know they have without a shadow of doubt) than even say $2 billion because it is an insane figure no matter the cost.

It was insane when it was budgeted and, like a typical Lifestyler, has only gotten more insane with age.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Does Iger have more on his plate to deal with on a daily basis than Eisner did?

What's an average business day like on the level they are at?

Absolutely not. As Eisner was much more hands-on, which was (and continues to be) a criticism of his. Iger delegates.

As to an average day, Willow keeps forgetting to send me a daily schedule when she gives me insider info (like on NGE!), so I couldn't say. I would guess his days are largely filled with meetings. Execs at that level love meetings.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love DAK and feel it is the only park at WDW that remains true to its mission statement and isn't a muddled mess of 'let's throw anything in here' ...

I get where you are coming from but sadly AK park has had its own missteps too. Primeval Whirl, that Carnival game area, now Donald Statue observing the painting of the Dinosaur statue and misc paint cans laying around. It is starting there too, sadly.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I get where you are coming from but sadly AK park has had its own missteps too. Primeval Whirl, that Carnival game area, now Donald Statue observing the painting of the Dinosaur statue and misc paint cans laying around. It is starting there too, sadly.
And Avatar.

Wanna talk about a kitchen sink. :p

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Absolutely not. As Eisner was much more hands-on, which was (and continues to be) a criticism of his. Iger delegates.

As to an average day, Willow keeps forgetting to send me a daily schedule when she gives me insider info (like on NGE!), so I couldn't say. I would guess his days are largely filled with meetings. Execs at that level love meetings.

Yeah, I am remembering a few months ago, he came to WDW for meetings on MME/bands stormed back to his office and froze projects. Can't imagine trying to discuss anything with Iger these days is productive. It is the tornado and the clean up crew.

Funmeister

On a side note. If you ever have the chance and do not mind getting wet. DAK, in my opinion, is the best theme park rain or shine visually. I actually prefer it while it is raining...NOT THUNDER AND LIGHTNING...just rain or immediatly after a strong downpour. It is stunning. You have to look at it during a downpour really so sightlines are not blocked by the poncho brigade.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I sometimes wonder if I met Meg and had a few drinks with her, that maybe, she would be a cool lady. Or am I crazy?
Cool as a cucumber.

PC0622051.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom