The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Captain Chaos

Wait a minute - you're actually saying there is a correct way to enjoy a Disney theme park, and if we aren't doing it that one way, we're doing it wrong? Did you actually just say that? :facepalm:

But it is linked to the attractions in Future World. Further, what is the one thing World Showcase absolutely needs more of? Hint: it isn't shops or restaurants.
He is a travel agent.... Imagine asking him how to enjoy WDW.. His response: IGNORE THOSE PESKY RIDES/ATTRACTIONS. NO ONE GOES THERE FOR THOSE THINGS ANYWAY. NOW LET ME BOOK YOUR MOST MAGICAL, ATTRACTIONLESS VACATION EVER!!!!

That's one way to get ride of that fastpass plus nonsense...

nor'easter

Hmmm...have you heard about these neat new bands you wear and FP+? They might help in your predicament :D
Well, to follow your line of reasoning, you don't need them since you can have a magical time without rides.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your comments are incoherent and illogical (on second thought take it any way you want). You snort and try to sell enough pixie dust that maybe you could pitch a Disney Channel version of Breaking Bad.

spacemt354

Chili's
Good grief people...I didn't say Disney doesn't need rides or rides aren't important :rolleyes: but if you "adults" can't enjoy Disney without doing a single ride...well....maybe you're are doing it wrong and need to open your eyes a little more :geek:
Well as an example....world showcase is pretty popular and I seriously doubt it is because of the rides
Parades and fireworks aren't bad, restaurants are pretty popular, and DTD even in its horrid state is bursting at the seems

So are you under the impression that the only thing people on this site do is ride the rides (aka attractions)? We don't eat, we don't visit world showcase while in Epcot, we don't stop to watch when a parade goes by, nor do we watch when fireworks go off.

My response to that was as follows.
First I :hilarious: because I thought you were kidding. Then I realized you weren't kidding. :cautious: So you actually believe that nobody eats, or visits anything other than rides? I wish I was being facetious, but that is what your responses imply. Oh my. :confused:

Let me set the record straight. There is more to do at WDW then go on the rides. Despite people never saying anything against this notion aside from you, now it's very clear.

crispy

Like downtown Disney right? lol

But who would be at Downtown Disney without the parks? No one is going to Orlando to visit Downtown Disney. It's an add-on to a DISNEY vacation. You know the people who visit Downtown Disney without going to the parks? Locals. Just like I go to shopping venues and restaurants in my hometown hence eliminating the need to visit Orlando to shop and eat. I mean, I know you are trolling, but surely you have a better argument than that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why do we think so many people call AK and DHS half day parks?
But who would be at Downtown Disney without the parks? No one is going to Orlando to visit Downtown Disney. It's an add-on to a DISNEY vacation. You know the people who visit Downtown Disney without going to the parks? Locals. Just like I go to shopping venues and restaurants in my hometown hence eliminating the need to visit Orlando to shop and eat. I mean, I know you are trolling, but surely you have a better argument than that.

The sad part is, I don't think he is trolling, I think he really believes these things.

Captain Chaos

You never booked a WDW vacation solely to visit DTD?? You are doing it all wrong!!!!!! WDW vacations are about eating, shopping, and getting drunk off your to the point you beat employees with sticks... Attractions?? Who needs those!!!!!

crispy

Imho...Pretty sure Disney lives not on just rides, but on attractions, shows and their character world (appealing, story, vision and entertainment).

Let's remember that Disney is for all the family ranges, not just adults who wants adult rides or trill rides.

That's why I used the terms rides and attractions in my response. Most rides at Disney aren't thrill rides anyway so thrill ride junkies aren't hitting Disney parks because there are much better options out there for that.

RSoxNo1

Why would a tourist trap have an enclosed coaster?
Well, the ride is meant to be a parody of Dinosaur, which is an enclosed attraction. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer it to be a classic Fun House style dark ride instead of the god awful coaster, but enclosing it would be a step in the right direction.

Cesar R M

Well, to follow your line of reasoning, you don't need them since you can have a magical time without rides.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your comments are incoherent and illogical (on second thought take it any way you want). You snort and try to sell enough pixie dust that maybe you could pitch a Disney Channel version of Breaking Bad.

but, will he throw the Disney Brand pizza on the top of the house or in the lobby?

(move to minute 9 and 50 secs, as the forum removes the time url)

ParkMan73

The Eisner/Iger comparisons came up because of Iger's impending retirement. However, that's not really the comparison that's important at this point.

The real comparison is with who could come next. I don't want to see Eisner return. But I also don't want to see another Iger who is going to continue turning Disney into a IP company. I want to see someone who will focus on Parks as well.

We need someone who will balance films & TV with parks. Iger has not been that guy - at least not domestically.

MerlinTheGoat

Like downtown Disney right? lol
Does Downtown Disney have a $99 admission fee just to walk around for a single day? If they charged that to get into DTD then i'd sure as HELL be demanding a ****-ton of amazing freaking rides...:facepalm:

All of this. Tear down all the rides at WDW and then see how many people still visit Orlando for anything Disney related (including Downtown Disney). Probably a few weirdos but the impact to Disney's attendance and WDW-property generated profits would be absolutely catastrophic, that's an absolute guarantee...

Last edited:

Cesar R M

That's why I used the terms rides and attractions in my response. Most rides at Disney aren't thrill rides anyway so thrill ride junkies aren't hitting Disney parks because there are much better options out there for that.
they are for me.. I'm a softie for thrill Rides ;)

In other news, I'm going to take a nap.. too much anger on the forum already.

crispy

they are for me.. I'm a softie for thrill Rides ;)

In other news, I'm going to take a nap.. too much anger on the forum already.

Anger, fun, it's all a matter of perspective. ;) Seriously, though, I am truly sorry if the arguing back and forth has been a turn-off today. I used to debate in college so I sometimes forget that a fun argument for me, may not be so fun for others.

Big C 73

In this debate of if attractions posses an overall dominance in guest attendance or overall agenda, it is all centralized into a particular balance upon various design levels. The attraction is indeed a main or core reason for guest to visit, and provides multiple experiences containing various arrays of concentrated storytelling within an individual environment but it is within the absolute environment of the park itself. Subtle design features and multiple mediums within this environment provide immersion for the guest and imposes a uppermost higher degree of standardized design. This produces depth, depth which should be favored by the sub conscience and recognized by the most detailed and keen eye. Yet, there must be a proper and adequate balance between all intermingling elements to develop a proper setting or a dominant collision of elements will produce confusion, to develop only further into fear, which does not pertain dominantly to this discussion, but still provides a substance of explanation. Yet, when favoritism is trusting to an underlying profit and displays an ever increasing central role throughout that space, then a balance is destroyed. Simply, what is needed is what must be governed, depending upon its character and aesthetic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom