The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Especially the last scene, each character making references to being liked on FB, etc. and how social media has made their lives so much easier and better and how they can't imagine their lives without it...

The last scene really needs some help, Do like the 'burning turkey' whoever did that one appreciates how TECH really works...

RSoxNo1

This is a problem with the old Go.com central accounts and the fact the difference services over time had different guidance for what to setup accounts as. The net result is if you have an account with your email as the username, not all sites behave equally. You could get things like it works fine in the local service, but when you goto edit profile things, it would switch accounts, etc. I had this problem before MM+ was around... between ESPN and club penguin I had problems. Trying to edit my profile would switch which account I was looking at compared to the account I had logged into ESPN with.

By contacting member services at ESPN, they were able to modify my account profiles so my username and email were not ambiguous anymore. ESPN changed my account username.. and things cleared up.
I called ESPN earlier today. My Insider account lapses on my old "bad" id on March 30th. I've got DisneyWorld.com evidently moving off that account pending a response from the Website tech support (that was my phone call to them today). My concern now is that I'll lose the 7 movies I have linked to my Disney Movies Anywhere account. We shall see.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I called ESPN earlier today. My Insider account lapses on my old "bad" id on March 30th. I've got DisneyWorld.com evidently moving off that account pending a response from the Website tech support (that was my phone call to them today). My concern now is that I'll lose the 7 movies I have linked to my Disney Movies Anywhere account. We shall see.

All they had to do was change my username - no need to kill accts etc

RSoxNo1

All they had to do was change my username - no need to kill accts etc
I think that's what's planned here but the person I spoke with on the phone couldn't handle it. Having said that, I'd like the other account killed so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

jlsHouston

What incentive would these companies have to fix Disney's Theme Park mess?

I think sponsorships and partnerships might be a good thing for WDW. Might give the parks some love that they need right now to get a powerful, capable vendor on board with a ride or attraction. DL has had corporate sponsors in the past and I don't remember there being negatives associated.
I don't think they are an answer or solution for some of the issues the parks are currently having but I think they could support improvements that need to be made and new rides and attractions than need to be built.
I don't know what the incentives would be...what were the incentives for GE and Chevy?

NoChesterHester

If they were sponsoring attractions at WDW I assume they would want the tech to work reliably if it were associated with their name. They could not fix the bad choices but they could make it at least work all the time...

Right but there is zero incentive for them to sponsor in the first place. That was my point.

The sponsorship model is what Epcot is built on... Look how much they struggle to find sponsors where there is already a process to do so.

NoChesterHester

I think sponsorships and partnerships might be a good thing for WDW. Might give the parks some love that they need right now to get a powerful, capable vendor on board with a ride or attraction. DL has had corporate sponsors in the past and I don't remember there being negatives associated.
I don't think they are an answer or solution for some of the issues the parks are currently having but I think they could support improvements that need to be made and new rides and attractions than need to be built.
I don't know what the incentives would be...what were the incentives for GE and Chevy?

I do agree, but the potential is limited for the sponsoring company and I believe the current lack of sponsors proves this theory.

At the MK reach 17 million people. Costs the company millions. Spend less on one TV commercial during the season finale of the Bachelor - reach about as many.

Yes, I recognize the influence difference and that the theme park audience is far more receptive. I bet Disney wants a TON to allow some other company's name in their parks.

PhotoDave219

Does the Disney Institute still do business or even exist?

Yes. It exists as a corporate teambuilding type thing where they do leadership and executive training.

Last i checked anyways.

Of course, there's a certain irony of Disney giving leadership and executive training when it seems like their own executives (I'm talking Glendale) could use that sort of training themselves....

Nubs70

Yes. It exists as a corporate teambuilding type thing where they do leadership and executive training.

Last i checked anyways.

Of course, there's a certain irony of Disney giving leadership and executive training when it seems like their own executives (I'm talking Glendale) could use that sort of training themselves....
I just looked and yes it does. If you want something that will make you scratch your head, take the 20 question quiz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom