The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

JimboJones123

I am so excited about being able to book my AP FP+s ahead of time now!

Tomorrow night DHS! TSMM, ST, amd ToT booked. We can get in and out in under 2 hours and not have to spend a single dime in the park!!!

Great job getting more money out of me by keeping me out of the lines!!!

This whole thing is a logistical disaster!

Oh, Saturday morning is MK! PP, Space Mt, and Thunder Mt, and home before lunch!!!!

Finally we can ride some rides that we have not been able to since July!!!

Maybe Sunday we will get on Sorin' late afternoon and then get a nice dinner for 1/3 the price off site?

3 parks. 5 hours. $0.00 dollars spent.

TDO WINS!!!

Cesar R M

Wrong. He often praised WDI and many of the new projects while offering constructive criticism when he saw problems. And he even gave kudos to Iger from time to time.

Spin works better in other forums. Not so much here. You might want to consider that.

You do not bite the hand that feeds you unless you're parting ways.
giving kudos time to time doesnt exactly means he is always happy with it.

You always tell your dog "good dog" if he did something good, even if 99% of the rest of the time.. the dog is insufferable! ;)

Well that would suck. We really enjoyed the bread pudding-like caramel french toast offered there.
You guys really think they might cut the options in the restaurants due of him?

Even for you, Jt, that is the highest of irony....
Could be worse.. could be Jimmy levels of irony.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm going to assume here that you mean "older" as in "veteran board member" as opposed to age. o_O Because while my hair line may be receding... It's not yet in full on RETREAT like some spirits I know!! :D

I'm considering suing @WDWFigment for false advertising, since you mentioned him. I've scoured every nook and cranny of adventureland trying to find the bacon wrapped fried rice ball he's been teasing me with a picture of for weeks now, to no avail. Even showed a picture of said bacon wrapped tastiness to a few cm's and... Nothing. But he did point me to the tapioca drink at boiler room bites. So I'll give him that.

As far as non-Asians here... We've seen exactly 8 so far after 4 days in the parks. And that includes Australia and the UK. Really, less than the last time we were here. But... We did see one American family that was doing their part to uphold our American stereotype... They were all huge, they were loud and boorish, AND they had both an ECV and a giant stroller in tow. 'Murica!!! (And for those that have been here , you know just how out of place they looked)

One other thought that I've mentioned a few times here, but it needs to be said over and over. How rides like Pinocchio and Snow White have 50 minute lines and Sindbad is a walk on nearly all day baffles me. Utterly baffles me. And in a way, it makes me sad, because I worry it could be closed to cut costs due to lack of ridership and presumed maintenance costs. That would be a very sad day. I'm sure part of it is location, as it's buried in the back corner of the park. But I'm sure they assumed it would act as an anchor and It just doesn't. I don't know why, but it doesn't. Upsetting. A true gem.

I realize it's mandarin but it sounds like the the 'muricans were doing their best to live up to the stereotype of the Gwai Lo, Gaijin just does not cut it for the ECV/Stroller/'Murican trifecta

Captain Chaos

What do you guys think of Disneys marketing strategy with Captain America 3 going up against Batman vs Superman on the same day in 2016?
Well, without seeing CA 2 yet, and not knowing what CA 3 would be about, and knowing a little about Batman vs Superman (mainly the casting), I know I already prefer to see Captain America 3... IMHO Captain America was the best of the Marvel movies so far INCLUDING The Avengers... I'm hoping Winter Soldier holds up to Captain America: The First Avenger....

themarchhare

Oh, forgot to mention that the awesome fire-breathing dragon in the MK's first new parade since 2001 (before FB, before smart phones, before Lifestylers, before our Constitution was used as toilet paper by two straight administrations, before WDW was even that stale) didn't make it a week with the fire effect working.

Ugh. It just gets worse and worse with TDO; and less and less surprising.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Several drag coming off the Liberty Square bridge turning left in front of the castle. Heard the scraping myself.

Obviously no one at TDO has heard of Solidworks and the concept of approach and departure angles. Somebody got their engineering degree in a CrackerJack box.

This kind of thing should never happen, even a self-respectng 'Redneck Engineer' would be ashamed if this happened to their float on the 4'th or Harvest Festival parade

Soarin' Over Pgh

I am so excited about being able to book my AP FP+s ahead of time now!

Tomorrow night DHS! TSMM, ST, amd ToT booked. We can get in and out in under 2 hours and not have to spend a single dime in the park!!!

Great job getting more money out of me by keeping me out of the lines!!!

This whole thing is a logistical disaster!

Oh, Saturday morning is MK! PP, Space Mt, and Thunder Mt, and home before lunch!!!!

Finally we can ride some rides that we have not been able to since July!!!

Maybe Sunday we will get on Sorin' late afternoon and then get a nice dinner for 1/3 the price off site?

3 parks. 5 hours. $0.00 dollars spent.

TDO WINS!!!

...just wanted to quote this so people read it again and realize what it's saying...

Captain Neo

I refuse to believe Disney is going to not have any brand new attractions opening at WDW between now and Avatar Land. That's close to 4 years without any new content! Do they really think the watered down half-arsed Fantasyland renovation is going to tide everyone over? Have they given any thought to what is going to happen this summer when phase 2 of Harry Potter opens at Universal that will not only have new immersive environments to explore but also REAL new legitimate rides (and more importantly shops and restaurants that people will have no problem spending money in because they are having such an incredible experience being immersed in the world)? What happens after that when the massive Islands of Adventure projects get announced? I'm still waiting for Disney's response to Transformers

I don't think anyone is going to be buying Disney's stupid timeshares because they will be too busy having a great time at Universal and other Orlando venues.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You do not bite the hand that feeds you unless you're parting ways.
giving kudos time to time doesnt exactly means he is always happy with it.

You always tell your dog "good dog" if he did something good, even if 99% of the rest of the time.. the dog is insufferable! ;)

If you read Eddie's 500+ page farewell thread,

What was NOT talked about was the most significant and that was TODAYS Disney, He's just one guy against the corporate might of Disney Eddie talked a lot about art and architecture and their evolution over the years and the Eisner years.

Eddie is a class act and he needed to get away from TWDC before his soul died.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...he-parks-part-ii.770938/page-278#post-5783589

SirLink

I refuse to believe Disney is going to not have any brand new attractions opening at WDW between now and Avatar Land. That's close to 4 years without any new content! Do they really think the watered down half-arsed Fantasyland renovation is going to tide everyone over? Have they given any thought to what is going to happen this summer when phase 2 of Harry Potter opens at Universal that will not only have new immersive environments to explore but also REAL new legitimate rides (and more importantly shops and restaurants that people will have no problem spending money in because they are having such an incredible experience being immersed in the world)? What happens after that when the massive Islands of Adventure projects get announced? I'm still waiting for Disney's response to Transformers

I don't think anyone is going to be buying Disney's stupid timeshares because they will be too busy having a great time at Universal and other Orlando venues.

I'm waiting on their response to Spiderman personally, I s'pose that could be Avatar if they use cutting edge tech. But then that leaves them needing a response to FJ ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm waiting on their response to Spiderman personally, I s'pose that could be Avatar if they use cutting edge tech. But then that leaves them needing a response to FJ ...

Disney is so arrogant I believe they think they do not NEED to respond to the new attractions because people will come to WDW by default.

It's funny because while TWDC is thinking blue ocean, UNI is actually EXECUTING blue ocean strategy by creating a park for the over 12 and before kids demographic which Disney has totally lost with the 'All Toddler all the time' strategy.

JimboJones123

Disney is so arrogant I believe they think they do not NEED to respond to the new attractions because people will come to WDW by default.

It's funny because while TWDC is thinking blue ocean, UNI is actually EXECUTING blue ocean strategy by creating a park for the over 12 and before kids demographic which Disney has totally lost with the 'All Toddler all the time' strategy.
Well, it wasn't all toddler all the time until after they destroyed EPCOT Center by eliminating all the attractions that toddlers could enjoy.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, it wasn't all toddler all the time until after they destroyed EPCOT Center by eliminating all the attractions that toddlers could enjoy.

EPCOT is the worlds largest outdoor bar and restaurant, All they need now is a 'Tilted Kilt' franchise to make it complete...

Look at the Disney ads all the kids are the under 8 set, no teens or young adults

SirLink

EPCOT is the worlds largest outdoor bar and restaurant, All they need now is a 'Tilted Kilt' franchise to make it complete...

Look at the Disney ads all the kids are the under 8 set, no teens or young adults

Looking at the future and back at Epcot. The Wonders of Life is kinda apt based on their other fitness motivations they have so why kill it off when they had an easier excuse to close The Seas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom