The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Soarin' Over Pgh

The Efteling in Holland is my home park btw. I visit it twice a month. Their dark rides like Droomvlucht and Fata Morgana are excellent, but the coasters aren't as good as those in Europa Park.

I've only been, thanks to the internet. But everything I've seen and read about Efteling is amazing. I love how nature is incorporated into the park every way and where possible. One day, I'd love to visit it myself! It's been on my bucket list for a few years now.

Fe Maiden

Agree, I don't think it's actually INOP that would be a record even for Disney, As i've noted before i think its safety related, Also agree that a B mode would have been a good idea.

Which also could have been used for a comic effect after all what could be more embarassing for a dragon than to intend to breathe fire but only get smoke... :facepalm:

Why don't they be done with it and fit the dragon with the snout of the Phillie Phanatic and have him blow one of those birthday horns instead?

Funmeister

Parc Asterix was a nice park. I remember when Euro Disney first opened there was a "concern" that Asterix would be major competition. I thought it was great and Tonnerre de Zeus is definitely a top five wooden coaster!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
@WDW1974 - looks like Michael C is quite busy applying his 'experience' in Orlando to Anaheim... besides the most chaotic refurb schedule in recent memory... suspiciously long fishy nemo refurbs... we can now add the classic TDO trick... 'reducing food offerings'. Reports are that Flos in Carsland will no longer server breakfast and switch to lunch/dinner only.

Trouble is for Mikey C is that unlike Orlando, the DL locals are going to be bringing the torches and pitchforks because the DL locals CARE about 'their' park. Although I'll bet he thinks he can taste the bonus already for closing the subs. I was at DL a week after the subs reopened with the Nemo theme and I also recall waiting in line 4-1/2 hours, The line snaked through what seemed like half the park.

I think the locals will respond very negatively to any attempt to do a 'WDW' quality reduction program at DL,

erider

Parc Asterix was a nice park. I remember when Euro Disney first opened there was a "concern" that Asterix would be major competition. I thought it was great and Tonnerre de Zeus is definitely a top five wooden coaster!
I have also been there. The overall theming of the park is great, and the coasters are good. The thing I miss there are dark rides, they don't have any I think. And I don't like the operations there. Most rides have bad capacity, and lines can be extremely long on busy days (I remember the 2 hour line for the new B&M Oz'Iris coaster last summer).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For other things to do try the Hotel Portmerion in the UK, The Prisoner Appreciation society is having their annual http://www.portmeiricon.com/

It's strangely appropriate these days, Replace the monitoring center with the NSA/GCHQ, Rover with Drones and everyone afraid to say whats on their mind ... And don't forget the radio which cannot be turned off

Who Are you?
I am the new number 2, You are number 6...
I am not a number I am a free man, (evil laughter in background)

Be Seeing You

flynnibus

Premium Member
Trouble is for Mikey C is that unlike Orlando, the DL locals are going to be bringing the torches and pitchforks because the DL locals CARE about 'their' park. Although I'll bet he thinks he can taste the bonus already for closing the subs. I was at DL a week after the subs reopened with the Nemo theme and I also recall waiting in line 4-1/2 hours, The line snaked through what seemed like half the park.

Yeah, but since then it's wait is more typical 40mins or so. DLR fans come out in droves for anything 'new' and wait absurd hours. That isn't representative of what it is now. Most 20something-30something fans could care less if it went away from sentiments I see online. They're over it... mainly because the remake was so poor IMO.

lazyboy97o

I'm not ready to grab the pitchfork here... just because an effect isn't seen doesn't mean it's in-op or removed. Given it's a system that sprays lit flamable liquid at and near guests, I presume there are multiple layers of checks that must pass before it's used. Maybe they are pretty tight and we simply don't know the factors yet?

It would be nice tho if they knew it was going to be highly variable that they could have built in a B-mode of just a fogger/mist.
Listening to Inside the Magic, it sounded as though the effect, as originally deployed, had a very long cycle time resulting in a lot of people not seeing the effect.

Ricky also described the parade as "Disneyland quality." I think that little phrase speaks volumes.

erider

Pictures Efteling De Vliegende Hollander attraction
IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

Cesar R M

Everything, well it's a pretty big park with a lot of rides. It's situated in Rust, a small town in the south of Germany. Europa Park is divided in lands themed to European lands. They have Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Switserland etc. The park is owned by the Mack family, which is also a big ride manufacturer. My favorite rides there are:
- Poseidon, a Mack watercoaster themed to a Greek temple, similair to Journey to Atlantis in Sea World Orlando
- Silver Star, Europe's second highest coaster. A B&M out and back design.
- Blue Fire, a launched Mack looping coaster which onboard sound.
- Woodan Timbur coaster, a huge GCI wooden coaster with a Viking theme.
- Atlantica Super Splash, a Mack shoot the chutes water ride with a Portugese theme.
- Abenteuer Atlantis, a shoot em up dark ride, like Buzz Lightyear.

I don't know if I'm allowed to place a link here, but here is a detailed trip report with lots of pics: http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2861

thanks for your report.. that place looks awesome!
another thing for my bucket list!

@WDW1974 - looks like Michael C is quite busy applying his 'experience' in Orlando to Anaheim... besides the most chaotic refurb schedule in recent memory... suspiciously long fishy nemo refurbs... we can now add the classic TDO trick... 'reducing food offerings'. Reports are that Flos in Carsland will no longer server breakfast and switch to lunch/dinner only.

So instead of the imagineers and visioners trying to retake Disney.. the accountants are expanding their vicious grab everywhere and started to count penies and cents again?
sad.. very sad.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah, but since then it's wait is more typical 40mins or so. DLR fans come out in droves for anything 'new' and wait absurd hours. That isn't representative of what it is now. Most 20something-30something fans could care less if it went away from sentiments I see online. They're over it... mainly because the remake was so poor IMO.

Definitely agree, with the lines now but when it first opened WOW i've never seen a line like that at any Disney park before or after!, If mikey tries to take it AWAY though the locals WILL storm the castle in Burbank.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Listening to Inside the Magic, it sounded as though the effect, as originally deployed, had a very long cycle time resulting in a lot of people not seeing the effect.

Ricky also described the parade as "Disneyland quality." I think that little phrase speaks volumes.

But it was Ricky making the observation so I would not put a whole lot of credence into his analysys of quality, If it were Kevin Yee or Eddie Sotto I'd take it more seriously

71jason

You must be kidding. Everyone knows that this is a massive fail. ;) Someone didn't see any flames so it's broken. Has to be what other answer could there possibly be? :confused:

Even fictional dragons don't spew fire with every breath do they?:banghead:

Let me guess, you like the Yeti as is, so if doesn't distract from the thrill of the mediocre coaster ride. And you're glad they removed prime rib from the buffets, because it was just TOO MANY choices ...

See, I can be a sarcastic d-bag too. But I can also make a sound argument backed by logic. You should try it some time.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What happened to Eddie Sotto? He used to have his own thread here, right?

He did indeed, He closed it and faded into the night, I think for Eddie the continued devolution of Disney was just too painful and he closed the Disney chapter of his life.

Eddie was the guy who designed the arcades in DLP so from executing that level of detail to the 'value engineering' in WDW as exemplified by Mermaid. That has got to be painful.

71jason

In the US a Fire Marshall has virtually unlimited authority in matters of fire safety, Literally their word is LAW and even the courts can't countermand them.

Agreed. But in the case of Magic Kingdom, I believe the fire marshal is also a Reedy Creek employee. I'm go to suggest, in the evidence of hard evidence, something else might be in play. Whether incompetence or greed remains to be seen.

Bolna

I can highly recommend visiting this park when in Germany. The resorts are also really beautiful, and their theming rivals Disney resorts. I especially love the Colloseo hotel, an Italian themed resort. Another good park in Europe is Alton Towers in the UK btw.

Being German I feel rather guilty that I still haven't made it there, even though it has been on my list for 4 years or so... I guess I need to make it a priority this summer!

I just wanted to add that close to Europapark is Freiburg which is a wonderful city with a beautiful old church and market square. And then it is more or less next to the Black Forest - home of the cuckoo clock, the Black Forest ham and Black Forest gateau and an incredibly beautiful landscape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom