The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

RSoxNo1

I have heard that one of J.K's issues with Disney was how they handled the Star Wars characters and, yes, I am deadly serious about that.

Now, I may think my plastic Emperor Stitch in my office looks kewl, but I can understand how SW purists might have an issue with that. And let's not forget all the Star Wars merchandise with Muppets (please, don't let the Oswald nut be reading now!!!)
Didn't Cameron oppose to using Avatar characters fused with Disney characters as well?

RSoxNo1

P

Propane is expensive about 4.50 a gallon expensive..., Also fire marshall MAY have shut it down as well due to the proximity of uncontrolled flammables (think errant balloons) in the area. We MAY (I can't believe I'm saying this) need to give Disney a pass on this one. The fire is a awesome effect but a Vapor/Laser effect may have been a better choice from a strictly safety perspective.
Jack Jack had fire on his float at DHS. I'm calling shenanigans.

RSoxNo1

@WDW1974 - looks like Michael C is quite busy applying his 'experience' in Orlando to Anaheim... besides the most chaotic refurb schedule in recent memory... suspiciously long fishy nemo refurbs... we can now add the classic TDO trick... 'reducing food offerings'. Reports are that Flos in Carsland will no longer server breakfast and switch to lunch/dinner only.
Well this is a crime. The Brioche French Toast is fantastic.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My guess is both DHS and DAK get leapfrogged in 2015. It's not inconceivable that Epcot gets leapfrogged as well.

I think Universal has a better shot of leapfrogging those parks than DCA. Carsland gave DCA a big boost, but the numbers seem to be leveling out now. They aren't losing momentum, but not really gaining either. Form the Q1 earnings call:

"Attendance at our domestic parks and occupancy at the hotels were comparable to the first quarter last year, in which we saw increased visitation due to the opening of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure and the grand opening of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World, the last phase of which we’ll complete in a few months with the launch of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train."

Maybe DL attendance is way down and DCA is way up but assuming that's not the case I don't see it leapfrogging any WDW park (unless it already did in 2013). Universal has a good shot, especially if either or both DHS and AK become big construction sites with slow moving projects and years of construction walls.

WDWFigment

I'm considering suing @WDWFigment for false advertising, since you mentioned him. I've scoured every nook and cranny of adventureland trying to find the bacon wrapped fried rice ball he's been teasing me with a picture of for weeks now, to no avail. Even showed a picture of said bacon wrapped tastiness to a few cm's and... Nothing. But he did point me to the tapioca drink at boiler room bites. So I'll give him that.

That bacon ball thing is at the Gazebo, which is to the left of Crystal Palace. It's basically at the edge of World Bazaar. They had it last May and in November, so I'd be shocked if they don't have it now.

If they don't for some reason, here's an alternative snack: the Tipo Torta in a stand across from Pinocchio in Fantasyland. Order both flavors. They are sort of like churro, except approximately 19 times better.

bhg469

I think Universal has a better shot of leapfrogging those parks than DCA. Carsland gave DCA a big boost, but the numbers seem to be leveling out now. They aren't losing momentum, but not really gaining either. Form the Q1 earnings call:

"Attendance at our domestic parks and occupancy at the hotels were comparable to the first quarter last year, in which we saw increased visitation due to the opening of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure and the grand opening of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World, the last phase of which we’ll complete in a few months with the launch of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train."

Maybe DL attendance is way down and DCA is way up but assuming that's not the case I don't see it leapfrogging any WDW park (unless it already did in 2013). Universal has a good shot, especially if either or both DHS and AK become big construction sites with slow moving projects and years of construction walls.
I have said this before, theme park attendance is fabricated 90% of the time. My company often gives our clients attendance reports that are 99% accurate but they report false numbers 100% of the time.

Funmeister

I think DCA needs a big follow-up to Carsland. Carsland did wonders for the park but they need to keep going. All they have done is brought the park up to speed where it should have been on opening day. A major groundbreaking e-ticket would be a good start. Something new...not a clone.

GiveMeTheMusic

I think DCA needs a big follow-up to Carsland. Carsland did wonders for the park but they need to keep going. All they have done is brought the park up to speed where it should have been on opening day. A major groundbreaking e-ticket would be a good start. Something new...not a clone.

I was informed this week that Monstropolis is back from the dead, which is super depressing. Hope it's not true, as it does NOT fit the bill.

asianway

That bacon ball thing is at the Gazebo, which is to the left of Crystal Palace. It's basically at the edge of World Bazaar. They had it last May and in November, so I'd be shocked if they don't have it now.

If they don't for some reason, here's an alternative snack: the Tipo Torta in a stand across from Pinocchio in Fantasyland. Order both flavors. They are sort of like churro, except approximately 19 times better.
Sweet potato....mmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom