The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

lebeau

People doubted that a crane would ever show up at DTD too. Now there are many. And people doubted Pandora would ever, and I mean EVER, happen. But it is. People doubt. They get proven wrong time after time. And still they doubt. I beginning to believe many doubters do not actually believe what they write.

I have never seen anyone doubt that DTD would ever start. I do recall several years of you predicting greatness which still has yet to materialize.

lebeau

C'mon, he's been blubbering on the subject at least as long as I have been here (six LOOOONG years!) ... I still don't see it. I see construction with largely no word on what is coming.

He went on for I don't know how long about the impending greatness of Fisherman's Wharf or whatever that thing was going to be called. Blindman's Bluff? I don't know. Even the concept art made it look like a strip mall with light bulbs. But ol' jt heralded it like the second coming of Walt. Oh the grass! oh the mulch! So glorious.

And maybe I'm misremembering. But didn't he say it has been several years since he has set foot in DTD?

Oh, and I remember the constant droning about the waffle stand. Disney needs a waffle stand. A waffle stand will fix everything that is wrong in the world. Sadly, waffles were probably the best idea jt ever brought to the table.

bhg469

Hawaii is one of my favorite locations in the world. I'd love to see Bora Bora.

My last time in St. Lucia, I didn't quite realize the potency of the island's rum ... much of the visit became a blur, but I know it was beautiful.
Flying into st Lucia was one of my favorite parts. The pitons are tall and green and they remind me of Jurassic park when they fly into the island for the first time. I wasn't prepared for how pretty it was from the sky.

Cesar R M

But people pay for Netflix. Plus Netflix is about to expand into Germany and France.
its still not the same size.
germany + france + US != the world.

And I've never paid a penny to use Google, but advertisers pay them a pretty penny. Same for YouTube.

second.

speaking of netflix, I wonder how many times have they already tried to control, cut or even remove catalogue on purpose because "they're stealing" clients from cable companies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
youtube.. size of netflix?

as far I know, almost everyone in the world uses youtube.com
something that cannot be said of netflix.
You really should look at this.

sandvine-2h-2013.png

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well Google is trying to become a cable company. I mean, I just want to see Google come to Philadelphia and watch Comcast **** itself trying to stop it. I guess they'll try to bribe the city with another pretty skyscraper.
Yes. Exactly. Google Fiber is a hot commodity (even though they are largely buying rights for dark fibre that already exists and then doing last mile installations, much like FiOS)...

stlphil

I've been to both, and Bora Bora blows Hawaii away.
Could you please elaborate on this a bit? And did you stay in one of the huts over the lagoon, and if so was it as cool as it looks?

I love Hawaii and have visited many times, but if some other place blows it away, I may have to strive to make a visit there happen someday.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sure, but Google is still largely a tech business. That is where their billions come from. And you can't compare their pay per view with a service the size of Netflix.

And Apple ... is ... Apple.

And, frankly, I think that's a good thing as I am not a big fan of either company's 'reach' into the lives of people.
Google is still in the "portal" business, they have been for a very long time. They want to control your total experience.

They've gotten into the OS business, simply to control your experience. They have been in the media distribution business for a while, including aquisitons to control new media content distribution and monetize it (youtube as an example), and as of late, they are getting into the physical distribution market as a direct competitor to traditional ISPs.

It's still the portal wars during the first web bubble in the late 90s early 2000s, back when people weren't selling the "cloud" or SEO, and even before they were selling "keywords"...a long time ago, in a net that really isn't so far away (you do know that the majority of the net isn't accessible or searchable through google or related search engines?)...

Google never left that model. They are the AoL of the next decade, and they will own the content. The reason they will probably succeed is that, unlike AoL, they went for simple service first, and expanded. Vs AoL which quickly outgrew their britches as their services and demands outgrew their physical infrastructure (remember...busy signals?)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sure, but Google is still largely a tech business. That is where their billions come from. And you can't compare their pay per view with a service the size of Netflix.

And Apple ... is ... Apple.

And, frankly, I think that's a good thing as I am not a big fan of either company's 'reach' into the lives of people.
I'll also note, google is most certainly a media empire, and always has been, as their "billions" have traditionally come from advertisement.

Think of it in terms of traditional print media.

A local newspaper included an editor (or team of editors and staff) who would scour regional and national news feeds to find stories that are probably relevant or interesting to the local readership, and as a result, their views...er...subscriptions/readership improved, therefore they could charge more for advertisements.

Google...is the exact...same...model, but with far more datapoints to make educated decisions with besides some local editor who has a "hunch" as to what people want to read. Instead, google allows you to decide what YOU want to read. Nothing new, nothing different, outside of the medium and format.

Longhairbear

I think Sunday is becoming way too busy with appointment TV.

And yes, I caught what I call the "Gay Lost'' (not my origination, a friend's) and enjoyed it. I was sorta beyond over the whole Pan arc.
I am now over Agents Of Shield after tonights episode. It went from relatively entertaining to stupid in about the first 5 minutes. I'd love to see the blooper reel, and watch the actors trying not to laugh as they recite their dialogue.

alissafalco

Could you please elaborate on this a bit? And did you stay in one of the huts over the lagoon, and if so was it as cool as it looks?

I love Hawaii and have visited many times, but if some other place blows it away, I may have to strive to make a visit there happen someday.
Ok, since you asked, I guess I will bore you with some of my honeymoon pics (actually I love showing them off ;) ). First , here I am in Hawaii on Lanikai beach, Ohau- yes, it was nice....
image.jpg

Now, my honeymoon Tahiti, Moorea, & Bora Bora
First we went to Moorea [/ATTACH]
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
which is almost as beautiful as Bora Bora

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom