The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

jt04

I feel like this is a @WDW1974 post right now, but I got word of something huge that will be going down in the media business and this will be MAJOR. Two different parties are looking at a certain media company and this is very, very far along. It is at this stage the media giant determining who they're selling to. Either party that will buy the said company create a game changer. There are no anti-trust issues to deal with. I can say that the people within the selling party really want one company and not the other.... Both of those said companies are in the same businesses. I know it's crazy vague, but use you imagination and read some tea leaves. All I'll say that a prior poster talking about Disney & Time-Warner aren't the parties involved in this deal. Major, major, major. Remember that you heard it here first.

The revolution will be televised. I think the next two years will be amazing. In a good way. The consumer will be at the helm.

Scuttle

Universal looks to be running circles around WDW right now. Too bad they don't have a lot more land to play with.
They are seriously considering adding about 500 acres. Universal is not playing around as we all know and have talked about. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have 10,000 hotel rooms a water park(that's theirs) and a third theme park by the end of the decade.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They are seriously considering adding about 500 acres. Universal is not playing around as we all know and have talked about. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have 10,000 hotel rooms a water park(that's there's) and a third theme park by the end of the decade.

Universal already purchased a lot of land around Wet'n'Wild and there's a lot more they can purchase as well, near the outlet stores/festival bay

RSoxNo1

They are seriously considering adding about 500 acres. Universal is not playing around as we all know and have talked about. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have 10,000 hotel rooms a water park(that's there's) and a third theme park by the end of the decade.
For a company that has made no reservations about buying land, I can see them buying any available land in the area. I imagine that Comcast is capable of writing any check necessary to make it happen.

maxairmike

After 18 years at Disney, Sweeney is leaving.

My favorite quote is:

“What drives me now is getting closer to or being immersed in the creative process.”

Left unsaid is how she would have finished the sentence if she wasn't worried about burning bridges:

"Because any semblance of creativity at Disney has been crushed under an oppressive mountain of bureaucracy, endless requirements for cost-benefit analysis justifications, and petty bickering between fiefdoms in the Iger Regime." :)

She didn't need to finish the thought, because the portion she said should be more than enough to scare a bunch of people. "Disney" is practically a synonym for "creativity" for most folks, and rightly so up to about the turn of the century. That someone in the business feels that Disney is no longer a place where the creative process is primary should be a major indicator that the company is not where it needs to be. Unfortunately, the only people that "matter" to the corporate folks now don't understand anything about the word "creativity" and only understand numbers and quarterly reports.

jt04

We can have it all. We should have it all. We don't and won't have it all.

People doubted that a crane would ever show up at DTD too. Now there are many. And people doubted Pandora would ever, and I mean EVER, happen. But it is. People doubt. They get proven wrong time after time. And still they doubt. I beginning to believe many doubters do not actually believe what they write.

artvandelay

I feel like this is a @WDW1974 post right now, but I got word of something huge that will be going down in the media business and this will be MAJOR. Two different parties are looking at a certain media company and this is very, very far along. It is at this stage the media giant determining who they're selling to. Either party that will buy the said company create a game changer. There are no anti-trust issues to deal with. I can say that the people within the selling party really want one company and not the other.... Both of those said companies are in the same businesses. I know it's crazy vague, but use you imagination and read some tea leaves. All I'll say that a prior poster talking about Disney & Time-Warner aren't the parties involved in this deal. Major, major, major. Remember that you heard it here first.
Google or Apple involved?

Soarin' Over Pgh

That's certainly an interesting paragraph, Alphac...

I've read the last few pages with Alexander (2004) playing in the background during a big battle scene and I must say, nothing has been more suiting.

I would very much consider a stay at cabana bay. In fact there are discussions taking place about just that in my house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom