The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

sweetpee_1993

Nubs70

As someone who is work for newspapers a lot, I thank you very much for your support

My issue with twitter is the fact that it gives instant news whether or not it has been fact checked. (Same goes for Reddit but that's another topic.) The fact that news sites are going to a pay format online has coincided with twitters instant info. I myself like the old fashion delivered paper but I may be one of the few.

As someone who used to run part of the largest newsprint mill on the east coast, I wish there were more of you.

bhg469

My issue with twitter is the fact that it gives instant news whether or not it has been fact checked. (Same goes for Reddit but that's another topic.) The fact that news sites are going to a pay format online has coincided with twitters instant info. I myself like the old fashion delivered paper but I may be one of the few.
Major news networks are completely unreliable when it comes to breaking news. Only print media seems to be accountable these days.

Todd H

Nubs70

My confusion over Twitter is how can someone effectively communicate in 140 characters?

Cesar R M

Kidding aside, when we are at Disney World, we have fun. It's not torture. I don't force myself to see the state of decline. I force myself NOT to see it. I'm glad you and others like it as much as you do.

Honestly, you kind of rambled in the middle and you lost me more than once. If I'm following your argument, it seems to be that you love the Disney brand enough to overlook the resort's short-comings. Man, that's just drinking the Kool-aid. I'm not trying to be one of the cool kids or insensitive or holier-than-thou, but people who do that are not unsuckerlike. Just my $.02.

The "CEOs don't spend time on forums" or "we can't control it so why bother" arguments are weak. Why discuss anything at all if 1. Only CEOs have valid opinions and 2. Opinions only matter if you are in a position to make changes. So let's just retire those lines of thought.

Just really hoping that all the changes they have been doing lately to upgrade the parks is for good and not for cash grab.
To alleviate loads, capacity..etc.. that MM+ is sort of a "dampener" until new projects and attraction open or use the research to best balance the groups of people in favor of the client and not the outright cashgrab. ..etc..etc..

Facts are problematic to some....
Mostly to people who are married to a brand or trust to dead.
Watching foxnews and cnn.com's comment section is..sad in the most way.
As they both defend their respective camps to dead.. even if someone neutral tell how blatantly skewed their news reports are.

Al Jazeera America is the closest thing you will see to real news in the cable news environment.
Irony on how a news company from "those bad islam guys who want to destroy america" is the source of most balanced and unskewed news around.
Every major company seems to use their own newsoutlet to outright skew or even lie to their "customers" to support certain agendas.

Cesar R M

Ah...okay, i see your point now.
I agree regarding the similarities, as i remember when i saw the first marketing art of the 'Palace Pets'.
Immediately thought of the 'Littlest Pet Shop' line.
So, Disney had really to rely on a very lame "copy with a disney twist" to cannibalize the market?

Major news networks are completely unreliable when it comes to breaking news. Only print media seems to be accountable these days.
Agree, worse when Foxnews was defended under the "free speech" because they are not news at all, but "opinionated news".
People text message.
twitter itself was never meant to be a full blown communication tool.
Supposed to be a personal "newsfeed" type broadcast system for quick news or updates.

maxairmike

I'll pass.

I was skeptical, and then I checked it out given current events and the annoyance that even CNN has become. What a difference! But that's a topic for the Chit Chat board.

As for the Twitter/Reddit angle. I use Twitter frequently, and Reddit much less so. There are certain topics which are very well done via Reddit, but they are few and far between, whereas Reddit is almost strictly an entertainment venue for me.

Personally, I still find a lot of fun in the parks, but not in any traditional way, at least for the majority of my visits. I've become much more of an observer and ponderer. I sit/stand and stare at things for ridiculous amounts of time, comparatively. Most of the attractions are simple diversions to me at this point, the exceptions being SSE, Everest, GMR, and the Safaris. Time killers and changes of pace.

TinkerBelle8878

You make a good point. Whatever happened to that blatant MLP rip-off themed around the princesses? Was it DOA? Coming this year? Shelved until any possible Hasbro deal is worked out?

Hmm more to add to the Hasbro theory..wasn't Mr. Potato Head a Hasbro toy? And there are stores that have him and the Mrs. with all these Disney themed parts, correct? Wasn't there also something for the older My Little Pony's too? Also with being able to buy parts/outfits? Both Hasbro owned...

71jason

Hmm more to add to the Hasbro theory..wasn't Mr. Potato Head a Hasbro toy? And there are stores that have him and the Mrs. with all these Disney themed parts, correct? Wasn't there also something for the older My Little Pony's too? Also with being able to buy parts/outfits? Both Hasbro owned...

Yeah, but the Disney MLP stuff was pulled a few years ago.

PeterAlt

There are a lot of people in this thread that are participating on a daily basis that either are active, working journalists or our former working journalists in television & print.

This is the industry we work in. We have first-hand experience with it.

Personally, I don't have the patience or the time to explain to you why you are off base. So Enough with the lectures about how my industry works.
I understand. I didn't mean for what I said to be taken literally. It was just an off-the-cuff gesture. I've noticed that people here are looking at the current status of assets as the overwhelming factor determining if it's a worthwhile acquisition. I look at the overall picture, how it could be a cog in a machine. Synergy.

SirLink

Yes, but the Fox fanfare will be replaced by the castle and the Wish Upon a Star jingle.

Or this....

No it most likely will start with Bad Robot followed by LucasFilm logo to the Imperial Death March music. There should be no Disney name on this film - if they want it to do well ... otherwise the Disney logo is the kiss of death to all live action films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom