The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

tissandtully

I just heard from hatetofly that the cost of the beauty & the beast meet and greet in Fantasyland was greater than the transformers e ticket that universal recently opened in Orlando. Is that true? If so Disney needs to literally shut down imagineering and start over from scratch because Jesus that's mismanagement to the extreme. No wonder the disney parks are turning into ghettos while their competitors are quickly catching up and in universals case now exceeding them.

Well, as much as I like the Transformers ride, it's queue wouldn't be all that expensive. It was also a duplicate from Hollywood. Still kinda crazy though.

mahnamahna101

Well, as much as I like the Transformers ride, it's queue wouldn't be all that expensive. It was also a duplicate from Hollywood. Still kinda crazy though.

An E-ticket from groundbreaking to opening day a year later - $70-80 million
A solid B-ticket M&G experience - apparently more o_O

TDO needs new accountants!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does TDR have a dress code or is it more of cultural thing?(Leaning more towards culture)

I think the only way to address WDW's guests current attire would be to create a strictly enforced dress code.

The weather is a lot more mild there. Notice the guy is wearing pants. I'm not going to WDW to walk around in 90+ degree weather in pants. If that makes me trash or part of the honey boo boo crowd then I guess that's what I am:cool::cool::cool:

I'm not making any excuses for some of the t-shirts and other inappropriate clothing I've seen, but a lot of that is already covered under the park dress code of not wearing "offensive clothing".;).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
An E-ticket from groundbreaking to opening day a year later - $70-80 million
A solid B-ticket M&G experience - apparently more o_O

TDO needs new accountants!
FLE was budgeted and approved in Burbank not by TDO. TDO only takes over the project after WDI finishes. The accountants at TDO had nothing to do with it. It's the engineers and creative people at WDI and the corporate executives who approved the budget that are to blame.

My guess is they are comparing the cost of the whole beauty and the beast area including BOG and Enchanted Tales not just the meet and greet. Disney spent money on elaborate rock work and a very detailed restaurant. Universal went with a great ride with minimal theming. It shows the difference in mindset between the 2 companies.

Nubs70

Agree, I do not think it's mismanagement I think it's intentional Imagineering is how they launder money from one part of the company to another, It's the only explanation. WDI is where the 'Hollywood Accounting' happens for P&R It's how a couple million worth of concrete/steel/labor can balloon to a project in excess of 100 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
Looks like transfer payments.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Transformers could have had a better themed exterior, but that would have taken longer to complete. The whole point was to get the ride done ASAP.

I think Diagon Alley is proof that unthemed exteriors are not the rule with UNI going forward.
Agreed. I meant more the focus on new rides vs the focus on "other" attractions. Disney could have skipped the whole BOG area and instead built a clone of one of the DL dark rides not in Florida for probably less money.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The weather is a lot more mild there. Notice the guy is wearing pants. I'm not going to WDW to walk around in 90+ degree weather in pants. If that makes me trash or part of the honey boo boo crowd then I guess that's what I am:cool::cool::cool:

I'm not making any excuses for some of the t-shirts and other inappropriate clothing I've seen, but a lot of that is already covered under the park dress code of not wearing "offensive clothing".;).

Why not - Good cotton khaki's are comfortable and prevent sunburn/insect bites/contact with filthy surfaces and no one wants to see my pasty skin from garnered from spending too many hours in the lab...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That works until you get the cuffs wet in the 3 inches of standing water on the POC boats;).

Cotton dries quickly at least - I've gotten soaked many times from the rain but having learned to sail as a kid it does not bother me much (Sailing often described as tearing up $100 bills whilst standing in a cold shower...) I do carry a gore-tex slicker for prolonged rainstorms in the pack.

Cesar R M

Has anyone watched the new Mickey Mouse cartoons? It's nice to see the Ren and Stimpy animation team getting work.
I like them :(

the hotdog one and the japanese bullet train is my favorite.

but jeebus!, goofy is scary-creepy as hell! D:

Does TDR have a dress code or is it more of cultural thing?(Leaning more towards culture)

I think the only way to address WDW's guests current attire would be to create a strictly enforced dress code.
cultural probably, pretty sure the WDW crowds are way too varied from all levels of all the US and the WORLD.

In other news.. any guy here who has used the translate engine of google and its "close captioned" engine in youtube.. will get this silly video...

I find it more funny how she is trying not to laugh.

Cesar R M

I just heard from hatetofly that the cost of the beauty & the beast meet and greet in Fantasyland was greater than the transformers e ticket that universal recently opened in Orlando. Is that true? If so Disney needs to literally shut down imagineering and start over from scratch because Jesus that's mismanagement to the extreme. No wonder the disney parks are turning into ghettos while their competitors are quickly catching up and in universals case now exceeding them.
what if its not the imagineering team but the managers who keep changing the ideas again and again.. ruining the real imagineering plans to save costs and they end costing more.
Looks like transfer payments.
the sadest part is.. hollywood accounting as been used many times to dont pay royalties and money owed to workers of the movies.
the latest victim was the CGI company that did "Life of Pi".
I remember they even censored their protest during the oscars and blocked anyone who said something positive towards the group.

71jason

No offense, GoofGoof, but I pray there is a difference between the shorts you are wearing and the ones I described with "JUICY" written across the back...

I wasn't trying to start a debate about specific items of clothing (well, maybe ridiculously short shorts and T-shirts with offensive phrases/graphics)--just the noticeable "vibe" I got from guests at each park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom